6 years of Performance Testing and Software Quality Assurance (QA) experience working with Client/Server and Web applications, seeking for a Performance Test Engineer/QA position to utilize diversified skills in Performance Testing and Manual Testing.
- Solid understanding in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Expertise in Quality Assurance and software testing activities.
- Experience in analysis of Software Requirement Specifications, Use Cases and development of Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases.
- Possess excellent skills in Manual Testing along with skills in Automation Testing using HP Quality Center ALM, Load Runner and Performance Center 11.5 and 12.2.
- Performed Load Testing by generating Vusers using LoadRunner.
- Good knowledge of how HP Robot upgrade tool works.
- Experience in Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), and expertise in writing complex queries.
- Expertise in Black Box, Smoke, Functional, Positive, Negative, Integration, System, Regression, UAT, and Performance Testing.
- Experience in writing test plans, defining test cases, developing and maintaining test scripts and Documenting all phases of QA process.
- Expertise to identify, assesses, and report defects using various defects tracking system.
- Proficient in risk analysis, requirement documents, hardware/software specifications.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical, problem solving, decision - making skills.
- Capability to adapt and learn new tools, techniques, and approaches
- Strong communicator and skillful in working closely with clients to identify and resolve issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a good team player.
- Quick learner, with an ability to easily grasp and put into application new ideas, concepts, methods and technologies. Dedicated, innovative and self-motivated team player/builder
Software Testing Tools: HP Load Runner 11.5 and 12.2, Quality Center, PC, Rational Test Suite, ALM QC, Jmeter
Operating Systems: Windows, Windows NT, UNIX
Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access
CM: Star Team, VSS, Quality Center ALM
App & Web Server Packages: Apache Tomcat 5.5, JBoss, IBM Websphere, IIS
Methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
Sr. Performance Tester
- Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability.
- Conduct smoke testing to show that the application performs as expected under normal conditions.
- Conduct stress testing to find out how the application perform under the worst condition, helping developers determine which component are more likely to fail first.
- Work with testing team to develop performance test plans and cases.
- Analyze test results and coordinate with development teams for bug fixes.
- Analyze root causes of performance issues and provide corrective actions.
- Designed scenarios for Performance Testing, generating scripts and handling Correlation as well as parameterization using Load runner VuGen, executed scenarios using Controller.
- Used web reg save param functions to correlate the scripts manually.
- Attend the daily stand up meeting and provide high level update about work done in previous date and work that would be carried out in today’s date.
- Co-ordinates with other scrum team members to make sure there is no delay in requirement gathering to carry out project work.
- Taking part in user story grooming session to understand the requirement better and provide the story points from testing side.
Environment: HP Load Runner 12.50, HP Performance Center 12.50, HP ALM, Apache, HTTP server, IBM Web Sphere, Oracle, SQL Developer, RESTful APIs, HP, SiteScope, Windows.
Sr. Performance Tester
- Created defect tickets and assigned them to appropriate developers to resolve
- Developed automated test scripts using VuGen to define scenarios and procedures to test the performance of the application using JMeter.
- Validated and run test on JMeter
- Conducts performance testing of the application by running various JMeter scripts in order to determine the maximum number of users that can log into the application at a given time by using JMeter.
- Utilize JMeter to conduct stress testing of the application in order to determine the yield point of the application by subjecting it to heavy loads.
- Analyze JMeter test result involved in preparing test plan and test cases based on the analysis of the business requirements.
- Customize Parameterization in DATA file using JMeter CSV Data Set config element to test the application with different sets of data.
- Insert synchronizing timer to create intense load on the server and thereby to measure server performance.
- Use various techniques like Ramp up, Ramp down, Transaction Point in JMeter.
- Performs Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, System Integration testing, Regression testing, Database Testing, and Black Box testing at various phases of the development and test cycles.
- Analyze requirements, Use Cases, functional design and detail design documents.
- Responsible for developing Test plan based on Functional Specification and Technical Specification of the application.
- Develops and execute test cases and verify actual results with expected results
- Work as a team member in requirements mapping and preparing a Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Involved in developing the test cases, test data and test scripts.
- Planned, designed, developed and executed Test Cases with Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking and manage the defects and executing the test cases.
- Worked closely with developers, Business Analyst, Architects and Project Manager to understand Portal Project.
- Performs reviews of Audit checklists prepared by SQA to fit in the testing environment.
- Prepared standard checklists and templates required for CMMI compliance QA processes for project.
- Involved in the team meetings with representatives from Development, Database Management, Configuration Management, and Requirements Management to identify and correct defects.
Confidential, Manhattan NJ
Sr. Performance Tester
- Develop and execute software test plans, including component testing, integration testing, systems testing, regression testing, performance testing, and stress testing.
- Maintain documentation of test results.
- Monitor schedules and test resources to keep commitments, identifies risks and opportunities, and tracks effort estimates and actuals.
- Participate in the design of the software to advise of common errors and high-risk areas, suggests designs that facilitate testing, and looks for opportunities to automate.
- Assist with the implementation of QC policies and procedures.
- Assist with complying to CMMI and ISO 9001:2000 standards.
- Create test documentation, such as test cases and test scripts for each project assigned.
- Create and maintain a Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Independently develop LoadRunner test scripts according to test specifications/requirements.
- Developed baseline scenarios, scripts and measurements.
- Used Load Runner to execute multi-user performance tests, used online monitors, real-time output messages and of the features of the Load Runner Controller
- Involved in analyzing the Business Requirements Documents and Functional Design Documents.
- Developed Test Plan, Test cases and Test Scripts.
- Involved in writing and implementation of Test cases for various modules using Rational suite
- Involved in Functional, Regression, Integration, System Testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Manual testing for checking the flow of the application Functionality, Positive and Negative testing
- Developed complex SQL queries to perform back-end testing in MS SQL Server RDBMS
- Interacted with developers and other QA Engineers to address quality problems.
- Tracked and Reported software defects and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Experience with Defect Reporting, Tracking and Resolution capabilities.
- Reviewed and analyzed user requirements, participated in Verification, Validation and acceptance testing for developed software.
- Performed Defect Reporting and Tracking using Test Director