Seek a SQA engineer position in a fast paced and dynamic, technology and innovation focused company where I can contribute to the company’s growth by utilizing my technical and analytical skills.
- Solid knowledge and experience in the SQA Engineering.
- Hands - on experience on Software Quality processes and Software Development Life Cycle processes.
- Experience in testing Web based, Java based, Client Server software products including Project Management, Workflow and Analytical Engine, Financial, Cost Management, Storage Management, Replication, High Availability and Load Balancing software.
- Experience in testing User Interfaces, back end Data validation using SQL and also extensive experience in command line testing.
- Excellent knowledge of all Unix Operating Systems including Solaris and Linux in depth, including installation and setting up associated network configurations.
- Experience testing in Windows Operating System.
- Strong knowledge in SQL using MySQL and MS SQL Server 2005 Database platforms. Strong in writing Complex SQL queries like JOINS, UNION etc. involving multiple tables in the Database.
- Experience in Web services, SOA, Web technologies, XML, HTML, .Net Applications, ERP environment and different Web browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.
- Knowledge of Defect tracking Software, Mercury Quality Center, TestDirector and Silkroad tool for testing web services.
- Automation Experience with QTP (Quick Test Pro) Automation tool.
- Extensive experience in writing Test Plan from scratch after reviewing the Requirements and Design Specifications.
- Experience in all kinds of testing such as Functional, Regression, Stress, Load, Performance, Integration testing, Positive, Negative, Smoke testing etc.
- Ability to learn quickly and independently and simultaneously handle multiple tasks and change priorities while working in a matrix, geographically dispersed and challenging cross-functional environment.
Extensive knowledge in Web based and Client Server software.
UNIX: Solaris, Linux Redhat and SuSe, HP-UX, AIX, WINDOWS 2000/NT/XP/Vista.
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server 2005, XML, HTML, Oracle, Developer 2000, Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5, programming languages Java and C.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project), Adobe Acrobat, Defect Tracking software, Mercury Quality Center, TestDirector, QTP automation tool.
- Estimated time, Developed Test strategies and Planning, Reviewed the Requirements, Design specs and prototypes and written Test Cases from scratch.
- Prepared a Test Plan template including Functional, Stress, Load, Negative and smoke testing
- Executed complex tests involving different components integrated together and found lots of tricky bugs.
- Documented Test Results, Reported, Triaged defects and worked closely with Development for the resolution of the defects and verified them after resolution.
- Tested Staging, demo and Production environment and did User Acceptance Testing.
- Reproduced customer’s real world scenarios and provided useful input.
- Attended cross functional meetings and suggested Process changes in order to improve the Quality of the products.
- Written and executed some Complex SQL Queries including JOIN, UNION etc.
- Knowledge of CREATE, ALTER, DROP a table. I’ve Performed INSERT, UPDATE Operation in a table.
- Used IN, BETWEEN, AND, OR, LIKE operator, ORDER BY, GROUP BY, WHERE, HAVING in a SELECT statement.
- Created Table Alias, Column Alias, created VIEW (Virtual table), Backed up a table by SELECT INTO statement.
- I’ve written Subquery within a complex Query.
- Automated Test scripts for submitting Quotes etc. for a Web based software called Freeway using QTP
- (Quick Test Pro) automated tool.
- I’ve Added Page Checkpoints for checking different things like load time of a page, links, images etc. associated with a web page, Text area checkpoints for checking whether a particular text appears in a particular location of a web page or not, added Table check points for checking the values of a table cell etc.
- I’ve added multiple values in the data table and then parameterized some tests for multiple iterations, using multiple values from the Data table.
- In QTP, Used Action, split Action, Inserted call to a new action, inserted call to an existing action, copy of an action, Parameterized an Action etc.
- Reviewed the High level Requirements and Functional Specs for New Projects, and written whole Test plans including Test Cases which contain Title, Short Description, Steps and Expected Results.
- Created test plans for the DR (Disaster Recovery), Replication and Application Dashboard products which contains different Widgets, Pie charts and Graphs.
- Installed applications, executed manual and automated tests and updated test plan.
- Loaded different databases and XML and tested client side GUI and also tested the Server side by running SQL queries.
- Executed SQL SELECT statements using ORDER BY, GROUP BY, WHERE, HAVING clause etc. and tested the server side.
- Created and loaded different XMLs for different testing needs.
- Reproduced customer’s real world scenarios and did some creative testing.
- Reviewed User guide, Product documentation and incorporated some changes.
- Key responsibilities include installing OS, configuring hosts and then installing and testing PowerPath and finding defects.
- Also include defining and implementing new approaches to design and development of new test scenarios and update in the test plan in order to deliver high quality products that meet time-to-market requirements.
- I’ve written new Test cases for the new functionalities and added steps for the existing functionalities in the Mercury Test Director and have a complete control of Test case Management using TestDirector for writing tests as well as executing and entering results in the Test Director.
- Tested different stages of the test cycles i.e. alpha, beta, GA (General Availability) etc.
- Attended Architectural Review meetings and provided necessary input.
- Reviewed engineering specification and product documentation and gave necessary input to the documentation team for modification in Product guide, Release notes etc.