- Overall 8 years of experience in Software Testing/Automation and Manual QA services in Web and Client - Server based applications
- Experienced professional with strong skills in project and team management.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and the Role of QA in different testing methodologies like Agile and Waterfall.
- Good knowledge and in depth experience of testing process, strategizing, prioritizing, test coverage analysis and End to End Testing.
- Creating Automation frameworks and providing automation estimates.
- Experience in creating test plans, Data & Environment setup, Analyzing Results, Defect Tracking and Detailed Status Reporting.
- Experience in using Microsoft Team Foundation Services (TFS) and JIRA for the test execution report generation.
- Hands-on Experience on Testing Web services using SOA Test and Postman.
- Commendable Knowledge of Financial domain - Investment and Portfolio management.
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, Web storm, IntelliJ, CODED UI, HP QC/ALM, UFT
SOA Technologies: Parasoft SOA, Postman, SOAP UI, Advanced Rest Client
Methodologies: SDLC, STLC, Agile, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, ALM, JIRA, TFS, ClearQuest
Databases Technologies: Oracle PL/SQL, TOAD, DB2
Platforms: Windows 10, 8,7/XP, UNIX
Microsoft tools: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-POWERPOINT
Confidential, Austin, Texas
- Leading 2 QA teams at offshore with 6 resources in each team to test web based application developed on HTML based front end and Web services for next generation Advisor Services system.
- Developed automated tests for Regression testing and Functional testing using IntelliJ IDE with TestNG framework and Selenium Web driver.
- Analyzed, enhanced and executed scripts for Web services testing using ParaSoft SOA tool and integrated it with Jenkins.
- Documented Test strategy for releases, prepared and ran numerous test cases in JIRA and TFS.
- Created test plans and test cases and reviewed them with project team, BA and Dev Lead.
- Followed agile/sprint methodology in release testing.
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
- Worked on Understanding of application architecture, preparing and executing test cases. Analyzed the use cases and proposed test strategies.
- Developed CODED UI automated tests for Regression testing and Functional testing using Visual Studio with Functional Decomposition framework.
- Provided effort estimation, coordinated with the offshore team and prepared test schedules.
- Created complex SQL queries for mining test data for testing the application.
- Reviewed Test results, planning and managing daily activities of the team and interacting with the client to facilitate smooth implementation.
- Tools: TFS, CODED UI, Visual Studio and Toad for Oracle
- Analysis of requirements, Use cases and test plans and submit the status to clients.
- Setup Test data for testing different scenarios in Mainframe.
- Created User test documentation and Co-ordination of Test Execution (End-to-End).
- Created test cases and test cycles in Quality Center/ALM.
- Developed automated tests for Regression testing and Functional testing using Quick Test Professional with Functional Decomposition framework and integrated the tests to be triggered from the HP Quality center.
- Responsible for working with Business team and development team to discuss regarding the requirements and high priority defects.
- Running the batch jobs on UNIX server and used to troubleshoot in case of issues.
- Tools: DB2, PL/SQL, Unix Servers, Quality Center
- Experience to work in STLC phases and submit the deliverables at the end of each phase.
- Developed Test plans based on the Use cases.
- Written complex SQL queries for querying against different databases, Oracle and DB2 for test data mining.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix and worked on Executing and Reviewing test cases.
- Defect management through defect tracking tool Clear Quest and reporting it to the development team and Business team.
- Participated in Review meetings and Defect triage meetings.
- Wrote test cases in Quality Center and did the test execution management on QC. Also migrated test cases written in Excel to QC.
- Created test cases and automated the tests using the tool Infosys Test Automation Accelerator.
- Prepared Daily and Weekly status reports and reporting the same to onsite lead.
- Tools: Quality Center, Clear Quest, PL/SQL