UI Testing and Automation, Database Testing, Web Services Testing and Automation, Load and Performance Testing, Accessibility testing using Voice over and JAWS, Java, Selenium, WebDriver, TestNG, SQL, Rest API, Postman, SoapUI, JMeter, eSpeedy, Jenkins CI Pipeline, Python(not current), WinRunner(not current), LoadRunner(not current), Jira, Linux, Shell scripting, Tools to create test data, GIT, Maven, JSON, XML, Jacoco, Istanbul, Sonarqube.
Senior Software Engineer in Test(QE)
- More than 8 years of experience as Automation and Manual Software Engineer in Test at Confidential .
- Excellent understanding of Agile technologies and Software Development Life Cycle.
- Lead projects from Quality perspective for Desktop and Mobile Web Pages. Leading entire QE effort for a team of three/four member teams.
- Involved in overall testing effort for projects from start to finish in timely manner.
- Involved in the analysis of Business, Functional Requirements.
- Coordinated with Product, Design and Development teams to understand project requirements.
- Planned for releases with Product leads, Development leads in Agile environment.
- Involved in release meetings and lead releases on sprint basis.
- Communicated daily sprint/release status with team.
- Created release document for every release and presented it for approval. This documented summarized features to be released, automation tests results for functional and regression test suites, LNP and site speed results and security test results.
- Coordinated with partner teams for releases and sign offs for cross team projects.
- Made sure releases are on time.
- Created test plans in Testrail, created test suites and test cycles in Testrail for every release. Hooked up automation test runs with Testrail suites to generate test metrics like pass rate, coverage.
- Created functional and regression automation suites with Java and Selenium WebDriver for timely releases.
- Created and maintained GIT repositories for automation. Checked in automation code to GIT. Reviewed and approved Pull requests of team members.
- Created automation frameworks from scratch for new projects/domains.
- Created automation suites for UI test cases and Web Services test cases in Java with Selenium Webdriver.
- Created Jenkins CI pipelines for istanbul and jacoco code coverage for Nodejs and Raptor pools respectively.
- Monitored Production stability by creating production monitor jobs.
- Executed manual and automated functional and regression test cycles.
- Developed, maintained and enhanced automation framework.
- Created JMeter scripts for LNP runs. Executed scripts, analyzed reports, filed bugs, created reports and communicated results with the team.
- Performed manual accessibility testing using Voice over and JAWS.
- Extensive experience in tracking bugs/tasks, sprints, backlog using bug/task tracking tool JIRA.
- Created and shared release dashboards and bug filters with team.
- Actively participated in daily bug triage meetings, standups and other meetings.
- Involved in mentoring junior QEs and helping others solve problems.
- Created tools as and when need arises. These tools were usually created to generate data needed for automation tests.
Confidential, Foster City, CA
Software Engineer in Test
- Involved in the analysis of Business, Functional Requirements and designing and developing of Test plans, Test Cases, Test Reports for manual tests.
- Performed extensive manual testing of GUI component of Analytics application for every release.
- Performed testing by executing small shell scripts and commands for DKIM and ITIM applications.
- Performed extensive back - end database testing using SQL query tool TOAD.
- Wrote basic Perl scripts to automate regression test cases for ITIM.
- Extensive experience in tracking bugs using Bug tracking tool Sourceforge.
- Maintained the already existing test cases for enhancement and modification with the product for further releases.
- Responsible for testing and sending out build status on arrival of new build every day.
- Documented test reports after test cycle of each release.
- Interacted diplomatically with developers and other team members to ensure high quality software.
- Actively participated in daily bug triage meetings and other meetings.