- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology Industry as a QA Engineer doing Manual and Automation Testing with a solid understanding of Test Planning, Test Management, Execution, Defect Tracking and Test Automation on multiple Domains. Well acquainted with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle. Expertise in Black Box , Web service and User Acceptance Testing .
- A competent professional with experience in Manual and Automation Testing of client/server and web - based applications
- Extensive experience in writing Manual Testing Scripts
- Experience in Automation testing with Selenium WebDriver using Core Java for developing automation scripts in Eclipse IDE
- Experience in TestNG, Data Driven, BDD Frameworks using Selenium
- Experience in developing Cucumber Framework from scratch
- Well versed working with MAVEN build tool and Jenkins as part of continuous integration(CI)
- Excellent skills in interpreting the Functional Design Documents , customer stories into functional Test Plans
- Experience in developing business based functional and out of box Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- Extensively involved in Black box testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Sanity, Compatibility Testing and UAT
- Expertise in Bug Reporting, Tracking and Documentation tools like Rally,QC, JIRA and Radar,TestRail
- Exposure in Version Control Management systems like SVN(Sub Version),GIT
- Well acquainted with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Good understanding on Testing Life Cycle and Bug Life Cycle.
- Experience in performing Back end testing by writing SQL queries using JDBC driver
- Experience in testing of Applications in Mobile using Simulator
- Worked on Cross Browser and Cross Platform testing using Selenium
- Experience in testing RESTful API using POSTMAN and Restassured
- Exposure to ETL testing using Python
- Very Good exposure to the review process which includes Business Reviews, QA internal reviews
- Good at creation of the Traceability Matrix, Test Data Matrix, Status Reports related to project
- Experience in coordinating between Onsite and Offshore teams
- Expertise in querying and testing RDBMS such as Oracle Server using SQL
- Exposure to NoSQL Data Base namely MongoDB
- Experience in multiple domains including Banking,Manufacturing,CRM,Media and Entertainment .
- Worked extensively with Business/Systems Analysts, Developers, and Testers to accomplish milestones
- Experienced in client Knowledge Transfer session and preparing understanding documents, BOK
- Involved in End-to-End, and Beta Testing
- Goal oriented, systematic planner, effective in managing project priorities and multitasking
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attending Daily scrum calls
- Involved in design and creation of Test Cases for UI and API
- Conducted various types of testing like sanity, Regression and UAT .
- Building BDD automation framework ( Cucumber )
- Testing of Restful API manually using Postman
- Test Automation of API using Rest Assured Framework from scratch
- Defect analysis and review meetings with management, developers and BAs
- Coordinating and mentoring Offshore team through daily sync up call
Tools and Technologies : Agile project involving Selenium,Eclipse, Java, TestRail,Jira, Postman,Zeplin,BDD,Rest Assured,Git,Maven
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Understanding the current system and functionalities.
- Requirement gathering and analysis for B2B plugin in SFDC application
- Attending daily scrum calls.
- Identification of Test Cases for the automation
- Creation of selenium framework from the scratch
- Creation of Selenium test scripts for the manual test cases for the Front End UI which is Salesforce CRM application
- Testing of RESTful services using Postman for Salesforce APIs
- Debugging and Executing Python automation scripts Salesforce testing
- Testing of B2B plugin in Salesforce CRM application and certifying in production
- Backend testing of MongoDB using NoSQL queries using Selenium
- Creation of test scripts to validate the accuracy of ETL solutions
- Querying the DB to verify ETL output
- Co ordinating with offshore QA team on a daily basis
- Review of test scripts written by offshore team
- Defect analysis and review meetings with management, offshore,third parties and client
Tools and Technologies : Agile project involving Selenium , TestNG ,Eclipse, Java, Rally, Postman, Jenkins ,GIT, MongoDB,Python
- Analyzing functional requirements and interacting with clients for requirement gathering
- Identification of Test Scenarios & Test Cases
- Identification of Test Cases for automation
- Preparation of test data matrix
- Design of manual Test Script s and execution
- Testing application in iOS for mobile testing using simulator
- UAT testing in web and mobile
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases using Selenium , TestNG using Java in Eclipse IDE
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium and executed batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then Regression Testing on each build using Selenium.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, Safari, and Firefox
- Used SVN repository for efficient remote team working, also stored the Framework and all the developed Test Cases
- Extracting the data from the database using SQL queries
- Execution of Test Script and Defect raising
- Coordinate with developers to prioritize defects and rectify them
- Tracking of defects till closure
- Status reporting and test updates in Radar
- Managed the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM ) between requirements and Test Cases.
- Participated in technical, status review, and release and production meetings
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing ( UAT ) in mobile and Web
- Coordinating between Onshore and Offshore teams through daily sync up call
- Mentoring of new team members, preparation of understanding documents
Tools and Technologies : Agile Project involving Eclipse IDE, Java , Selenium , TestNG Framework, SVN, Jenkins , Mac OS X, Radar ,Expresso,Number, SQL
- Participated in Requirement Analysis and analyzed modification requests and enhancement requests
- Checked for any customization required in the product to suit client’s requirements.
- Preparation of Test Plan document
- Building Test Cases in ALM based on functional requirements
- Reviewing the Test Cases designed by new members and Peer Review
- Creation of detailed Test scripts for Test Cases
- Prepared test data for positive and negative testing
- Collecting fatal error logs using Putty
- Done Smoke Testing to ensure the basic functionalities
- Performed different kinds of testing like Black Box, GUI, Functionality, Integration, Regression, System, and Back End Testing using Toad.
- Ensuring the execution of Test Cases and meeting of deadlines without compromise on quality
- Raising Defects and mapping it to corresponding Test Cases and requirement
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Conducted Regression and Re Testing once Defects are fixed.
- Updation and Modification of Test Cases in ALM based on defect status/BA comments
- Verified the data flow to the back-end using SQL queries
- Handled production issues through Beta Testing
Tools and Technologies : Windows 7, Oracle, Toad , TFS, ALM , Putty , MS EXCEL, SQL, UNIX