- Overall 5+ years of progressive experience in Quality Assurance as an automation and Manual tester in different domains like Finance, HealthCare and Banking.
- Experience in testing of software projects, Business intelligence process in distributed Client and Server and web - based applications
- Excellent knowledge in SDLC and implementation of QA methodologies and strategies in all stages of SDLC including both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience in SDLC methodology from requirement analysis, planning, design, development and testing as well as Test Development Life Cycle (STLC)
- Strong Knowledge in testing applications based on Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) SDLC Methodologies.
- Experience in Analyzing Business Requirements, Design Specifications, Use Cases to develop and execute Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Experience performing front end testing, back end testing and mobile testing.
- Experience in developing QA processes manual test scripts to test web-based User interface as well as test scripts for functional testing.
- Prepared traceability matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Experience in performing cross browser testing using web driver on multiple browsers and different platforms.
- Extensive experience in creation of test deliverables for all test levels (Integration/ System/ User Acceptance/ Implementation) and test types (Smoke/Regression/ Functional/ Configuration/ Integration/ Recovery) and Test Environment.
- Developed Data driven framework in different projects.
- Good exposure with TDD frameworks like testNG and Junit and knowledge in BDD framework like cucumber.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for web-based applications using Java integrated with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in testing Mobile Web applications and performed the Apps testing on iPhone, iPad and Android Devices.
- Experience in using build tools like Maven to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Experience in using Continuous Integration and Delivery tool Jenkins to push builds for regression testing as well as to generate reports.
- Experience using version control system like GIT.
- Experience in using bug reporting tool like JIRA to track test progress, execution and deliverables
- Experience in Test Management tools using HP Quality Center / ALM .
- Hands on experience in developing JAVA, C#, python code and SQL queries for various projects
- Familiar with Oracle and MySQL database.
- Experience in working with Off-shore teams
- Good knowledge in Web Service testing using SOAPUI and Postman tool.
- Good understanding of working on both Windows and Unix/Linux environment
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of cloud technology.
- Good understanding of network fundamentals (OSI Model) and security concepts.
- Excellent Team Player, Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Enthusiastic person with strong ability to learn new skills, solve any challenge, play a positive role in the team and ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
Testing Tools: Selenium web driver, Appium
Test Management Tool: JIRA, HP ALM
Languages: C#, Java, Python, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML
IDE: Visual Studio, Eclipse, PyCharm
Operating System: Windows, Unix/Linux
Other Tools: Microsoft office, SAP, Microsoft Project, Putty, Wireshark, Nessus
Confidential, St. Paul, Minnesota
QA Automation Engineer
- Actively involved with Business Analysts, Project Manager, Developers for the project.
- Participated in Scrum meetings and reviews.
- Executed Selenium tests for automation testing of the web application using Selenium Web Driver.
- Set up test environment.
- Performed Smoke Testing on each service using TestNG.
- Wrote systematic and maintainable Java code to develop Page Objects using the Selenium Framework.
- Performed Data driven testing using Apache POI in Selenium WebDriver and TestNG functions for both positive and negative data from external excel file and read data from property and XML files.
- Used Maven to build the WebDriver project and integrated same with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on weekly basis automatically.
- Performed functional testing of Web services testing and XML using POSTMAN.
- Implemented test automation scripts for mobile testing using Appium for Android and iOS applications.
- Developed automation scripts for the bank’s Mobile application on iOS and Android platforms using Appium and Java.
- Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile Driver class with the required Mobile capabilities.
- Performed concurrent executions on emulators and simulators over Sauce Labs and using real devices over Test Object.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for Oracle 12c.
- Identified and reported bugs using defect tracking tool JIRA and presented bug reports for weekly status updates.
- Involved in Risk Analysis to determine the priority and impact of defect and bug for effective troubleshooting process.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Java, Eclipse (IDE), TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, GitHub, Postman Jira, Page Object Model, Oracle 12c, Linux (OS)
Confidential, Portland, Oregon
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Gathered requirements documents such as business requirements, Functional requirements and design documents.
- Worked with technical leaders and architects to understand the requirements for a test environment setup.
- Verified requirements coverage by conducting walk through meetings of Test plan and scenarios with business analysts, project manager and test supervisors.
- Reviewed the Test Basis, designed and documented Test Strategies, Test Plan, Test Cases and executed test cases.
- Responsible for identifying test cases for manual and Automation with Selenium WebDriver for Smoke Test, Functional and Regression Tests.
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Developed test code in Java language using TestNG framework.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Performed SOAP / web services testing using SOAP UI, wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services.
- Performed End-to-End testing of database to check data integrity using SQL queries in Oracle.
- Identified, Reported and Tracked Defects using HP ALM test management tool.
- Participated in weekly project status meeting, daily Scrum stand up meetings and updated the testing Progress.
- Managed software defect information interacted with Business users to fix severity and priority of issues.
Environment: Java, HTML, CSS, SQL, Oracle, Selenium Web Driver, HP Quality Center, SOAP UI, Linux/Unix
Confidential, St. Cloud, MN
- Analyzed Business Requirement Document, High level and Low-level design documents.
- Designed Test Plan and test strategies based on high level business and technical documents.
- Automated regression and functional test cases in Java using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Worked closely with QA Automation Architect to implement, maintain and improve the library of reusable functions in the POM (Page Object Model) automation framework.
- Used omnibug to identify Web Elements using xpath and CSS Selectors.
- Performed Data Driven Testing using JDBC to retrieve data from MySQL database.
- Create, Execute and Maintain Regression Automation scripts and stored the output in logs using Log4j.
- Executed test cases on multiple browser using Selenium web driver.
- Responsible for performing Smoke, Functional, Integration, System, Regression and Sanity Testing.
- Involved in Test Execution, result analysis and Defect reporting using JIRA.
- Participated in defect review meetings with developers and management team.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Eclipse IDE, log 4j, Windows, TestNG, Fire Bug, MySQL, TOAD, JIRA, Windows
Confidential, Durham, NC
QA Data Analyst
- Analyzed the user/business requirements and functional specification documents from business analysts.
- Designed test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures for the received documents in Microsoft Excel.
- Worked under waterfall methodology.
- Executed each test cases manually on the front-end application for both user interface and functionality performance to verify expected results.
- Performed cross-browser testing to check apps works on different browsers and versions.
- Prepared traceability matrix to ensure that all test cases are covered.
- Documented software defects, using JIRA and reported defects to software developers.
- Interacted with developers to report data related bugs and retested the fixed issues.
- Developed end user convenience report every two weeks by gathering data from Product Managers, Customer Success People, Feedback from users, Over User Calls, App reviews, Customer logged support tickets etc.
- Effectively interacted with End Users, Developers QA team, Project Managers and various subject matter experts regarding test reports including user convenience reports.
- Participated in weekly team meetings between business users, developers and tester where test status and defects were discussed.
Environment: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Windows (OS)