- Overall experience of 6+ years as Quality Assurance Engineer in various domains like Retail, BFS, Healthcare and Insurance.
- Performed manual, regression, functional, accessibility, web - service, performance and automation testing.
- Experience in designing test plan, test estimation, test cases, test summary & defect analysis Report.
- Proficient in Mobile testing on different devices (Android & iOS).
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience in documenting issues using TFS, VSTS.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG under .Net platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Expertise in writing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in C# for highly transactional E-commerce websites
- Design, develop and implement Hybrid Driven automation testing framework utilizing Test-NG and Selenium Web-Driver.
- Performed user acceptance testing, interacted with users for execution of test cases in UAT
- Implemented web services testing on XML Schema. WSDL using SOAP UI and validated them in SOAP and in the Backend Databases.
- Experience with Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Experienced in writing SQL verification scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic for Back-end testing.
- Experience in providing efficient locators for strategies like XPath and CSS to run web driven scripts.
- Performed End-to-End testing and was associated with User Acceptance Testing.
- Managed a team of 8 Associates.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Experience in handling calls with client on defect analysis and CR’s.
- Experience in maintaining monthly metrics report & User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked on analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects.
- Good team player with an ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment
Reporting and CRM Tools: Tableau, Microsoft Excel, SAP.
Tools: Jupiter Notebook, Rapid miner, Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Axure, Neo4j, Putty, Visual Studio 2015, SSMS, Selenium, IDE Jira, Microsoft TFS, Soap UI.
Programming Languages: SQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, C, C#, Core-Java, XML, UML, UNIX
Scheduler Autosys: Documentation SRS, SS, Use Case
SDLC Agile: Scrum, Waterfall Hands on experience Data Visualization, Data Analysis
Confidential, Wallingford, CT
- Involved in developing Test cases and Test plan.
- Selected, designed, and prioritized test scenarios and test cases that provides efficient coverage of requirements consistent with acceptable level of risk
- Developed and executed performance test script scenarios based on the business requirements and specifications.
- Run scripts on multiple environments (QA, UAT and Production) to ensure that requirements consistency.
- Improved performance, morale, and quality awareness of offshore team.
- Performed end to end testing and user acceptance testing (UAT) phases utilizing Agile testing methodology.
- Performed mobile testing for the QA portal and company website across multiple devices (Android, IOS).
- Tested Web Services /XML /SOAP and RESTFul services using SoapUI tool.
- Performed compatibility testing with various mobile handsets to ensure that functionality working as expected.
- Proactively contributed to, and vetted, Technical Design, Functional Design, Project Plan, and Test Case reviews.
- Wrote and executed test plans and test scripts using HP Quality Center & TFS (Team Foundation Server).
- Communicate test results / issues to QA lead and team in the appropriate level of detail
- Build strategic professional relationships with clients and co-workers
- Utilize strong communication and presentation skills to interact professionally with non-technical users
- Worked closely with the Project Management, Development, Engineering and Operations teams in performing QA/QC activities and smooth deployment into Production environment and Post Production support.
- Created and modified several UNIX shell Scripts according to the changing needs of the project and client requirements.
- Reported defects as found using Test Director and Participated in walkthroughs with the development team in defect reviews and meetings periodically
- During test execution phase involved in log defects in defect tracking tool and further discussed and prioritized based on the release end dates, number of open defects etc.
- Created and executed automated test scripts using C# and built a custom tool using C# that helped in comparing the outputs generated in several environments.
Environment: SQL Server Management studio, UNIX, Reflection X, HP Quality Center, TFS, VSTS, Visual Studio 2015, Selenium IDE, Soap UI .
Confidential, St Louis, MO
QA Automation Engineer
- Worked with the user group for requirement gathering throughout the planning and implementation.
- Analyze the Business Requirements and closely work with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed
- Run Defect Triaging and Review the Test Scenarios/ Test Cases with Business
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver, TESTNG, automated test cases for regression test cases
- Implemented Page Object Model by using Page Factory elements.
- We used Core Java and Collections to build the framework.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data Contributed in developing Automation
- Framework that uses Java, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG
- Created automated scenarios, framework using Selenium for regression testing.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing on Oracle.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
Environment: Core Java, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/IDE, SQL, UNIX, ANT, Jira
Confidential, Mobile, AL
Software Test Engineer
- Analyzing the requirements from the client.
- Involved in the creation of database objects.
- Involved with Business Analysts team in requirements gathering and based on provided business requirements, defined detailed Technical specification documents.
- Primary responsibility was to put data into Tableau understanding needs and reverse engineering existing reports focused on understand the business problem and providing solutions in Tableau.
- Responsible for creating reports using Tableau desktop and publishing reports to Tableau server.
- Worked generating various dashboards in Tableau Server using different data sources such as Teradata, Oracle and MS Excel.
- Responsible for upgrading the Tableau 8.x to Tableau 9.x.
- Analyzed the Business information requirements and examined the OLAP source systems to identify the measures, dimensions and facts required for the reports.
- Performed the data source mapping.
- Participated in daily stand-ups with clients on daily design and development effort.
- Create and build SQL queries to be analyzed and generated into reports.
- Perform project management tasks such as status reporting, issue/risk management, change management, and action item tracking
Environment: SQL Developer, UNIX, Adobe, Microsoft Office.
Confidential, Alabama, AL
- Determined testing requirements developed and reviewed scripts for positive and negative test scenarios, conducted baseline testing, and generated reports. Tested server and Web Portal.
- Analyzed application, system, and security errors. Escalated issues to developers and verified fixes.
- Designed test plans and defined cases for functional, integration system, and user acceptance testing.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
- Design of Test Cases based on Business Requirements and User Stories
- Writing and execution of complex SQL to validate data.
- Tested request and response XML by modifying WSDL for different end points.
- Added Property Transfer in SOAP UI tool to pass values from one response XML to another request XML
- Validate Reports by executing SQL Queries
Environment: SoapUI, SQL, QTP, HP ALM (Quality Center), XML, Web Services
- Performed tuning of the SQL queries using Explain Plan.
- Played a vital role in the release of the project upon successful completion.
- Involved in design, quality, SQL reviews, making specific recommendations to optimize performance and reliability of applications.
- Supported in planning, designing, and development of business processes
- Providing recommendations in enhancing and accelerating business activities
- Collecting, compiling, and interpreting business data and drafting reports
- Conducting clients' meetings, understanding and integrating their business needs into technology
- Developing test procedures, test plans, and test cases for clients
- Working closely with development team and testing software releases
Environment: SQL, UNIX, Adobe, Microsoft Office.