6 years of experience in Software Engineering in Test with diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing of web, desktop, Mobile and client server applications on Windows MacOS and Linux environment. Very knowledgeable in creating and executing efficient test plans, test cases, test scenarios and test summary reports. Seeking a position as Quality Assurance Engineer in a promising organization to grow and contribute the value of my professional experience and expertise.
- Profound understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), including the following: Requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting.
- Conversant in developing Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting Manual and Automation Tests.
- Experience in implementing different automation development efforts in Agile/Scrum & Waterfall development environments.
- As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) have good knowledge and experience with software testing and automated test techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium IDE WebDriver Automation Framework using JAVA for Functional and Regression test using TestNG, Maven, Page Object Model, Jenkin CI/CD.
- Working experience in Cucumber to run automated acceptance tests written in behavior - driven development (BDD) style using JAVA and SELENIUM IDE.
- Hands on experience in Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project Building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for continuous Integration.
- Expertise in various Testing methodologies like Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Black-box Testing, Grey-box Testing, Accessibility Testing, Database Testing, Migration Testing, Performance Testing, Client-Server Applications, Mobile Testing, and Web-design Applications.
- • Experience in Database testing by using Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQL, T-SQL, SAP ASE and PL/SQL writing complex queries.
- Good knowledge in Performance Testing using LoadRunner for testing system behavior and performance under load, JMeter for measuring system performance.
- Experienced in testing Point of Sales (POS), Retail, Insurance, HealthCare, Banking, Financial and accounting applications.
- Experience in mobile testing for both Android and iOS device applications. Worked on mobile testing in windows, mac platforms.
- Hands on experience in using HP ALM/Quality Center, Jira, Bugzilla for test management, bug & issue tracking in Application Life Cycle Management.
Testing Tools: Automated Testing, Selenium IDE, Eclipse IDE, Postman, SOAP UI, Rest API.
Defect Tracking: Mercury Quality Center, Bugzilla, JIRA
Databases: SQL Server 2014/16, Oracle 11g, SAP ASE 15.0, DB2
Languages: Java, C#, DBMS Designing & writing complex SQL queries, HTML, CSS, XML, DHTML, C, C++ (Basics), Visual Basic
MS Suite/Project Tools: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), MS Visio, MS Project
Networking Protocols: CISCO Routing/Switching protocols TCP/IP, RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, STP, SSH, ACL, NAT. UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, Telnet, ARP, RARP, ICMP, SMTP, SMB and SNMP.
Windows Server: Active Directory, VLAN, DHCP, VTP, STP.
Methodologies: Waterfall, V-Model, Agile, Scrum
Platforms: Windows 10/7/Vista/XP/2000/NT, Mac OS, Linux, UNIX
Confidential, New York
Software Development Engineer in Test
- Participating in Story mapping, Story boarding and requirements gathering (Sprint) sessions.
- Participating in daily standups, Sprint planning, retrospective and grooming sessions.
- Conducting ATDD sessions with developers, UAT testers and product owner.
- Giving Demos of new features to PO and Stakeholders at the end of each Sprint.
- Helped in creating automation script using Selenium driver using JAVA, Eclipse, XPATH, CSS, Firebug, Fire Path, Diff Browsers IE, Firefox, Chrome.
- Create frame work using TestNG, Maven and execute all scripts for regression testing by using Jenkin server.
- Followed Agile Methodology (SCRUM) for this project.
- Modify the existing test cases based on change in a feature and requirements.
- Documenting test scenarios and test cases in a test case management system.
- Interact with developers and Product Managers to identify gaps between requirement and deployed feature and also to identify issues like By Design, Won't fix or plan for future release.
- Documented test results and testing procedures after every release.
Environment: Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins.
Tools: ECLIPSE IDE, JIRA, IntelliJ, TestNG report.
Confidential, Nashville, Tennessee
- Collaborated and working closely with Business, Project and Development teams to identify and resolve technical, business and process related issues.
- Developed Test plan, test cases, and test data analyzing the SRS to verify the functionality of the AUT.
- Participated in various review meetings to verify the developed test plan, test cases.
- Reviewed the requirement and design documents, ensure that requirements are clear and testable.
- Performed Integration testing to test the functionality of different modules.
- Maintained Requirement Traceably Matrix (RTM) after developing and updating Test Cases.
- Analyzed and identified defects, and logged defects with detailed specification into Quality Center as they relate to Test Cases.
- Performed Performance testing, Load testing, Stress testing, and scalability testing by creating virtual users for critical business functions using HP Load Runner.
- Analyzed test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action.
- Worked with Users and Business Analysts to define and design test scenarios and test data.
- Helped in creating automation script using Selenium driver using JAVA, Eclipse, XPATH, CSS, Firebug, Fire Path, Diff Browsers IE, Firefox, Chrome. Mobile application automation using Appium and Eclipse JAVA, Android Driver, Virtual Device Simulator.
- Experience in Dara Driving from excel for feeding data into Appium Testcases.
- Writing SQL queries to setup/modify test date in Oracle database.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
Confidential, Tinton Falls, NJ
QA Functional Tester
- Researched and analyzed software requirements, workflows and designs to define detailed test suites, test cases, data, and procedures.
- Written test plans, documenting bugs, and communicating with Development, Operations, and Product Management.
- Created test cases, scripts, and data from approved requirement and design documents.
- Reported and entered defects and problems into Quality Center.
- Assisted in Project Management, by accurately reporting testing progress and status over time.
- Tracked defect disposition, test defect resolution along with regression testing to ensure system stability.
- Performed Manual and Functional testing to test the functionality of the modules.
- Worked with the QA Manager in developing responsibility Matrices for the Team Members periodically.
- Wrote SQL queries to test Data Integrity, Referential Integrity and performed Database Testing for the Application.
Tools: Jira, HP Load Runner.
Environment: MySQL Server 2010.
- Involved in Back End coding to manage dynamic pages using CodeIgnitor framework.
- Designed full Relational Database with Team.
- Configure and Maintain Applications for LAMP Environment.
- Mentor Junior Developers and Developed Application with the use of MVC architecture.
- Clear understanding of entire project life cycle including Analysis, Design and Development.
- Wrote programs using PHP for easy manages of MySQL Database operations.
- Modifying PHP, MySQL queries, HTML, CSS according to project requirements. Created Database backup and restore system using PHP.
Tools: Dreanweaver CS5, NetBeans IDE, MS Visio, MS Project Planner, Eclipse IDE.