- Around 7 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing Applications (Both Manual and Automation testing).
- Sound knowledge on JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Expertise in working with open source tools like Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Selenium WebDriver) using Java.
- Experienced working with automated testing tools including Quick Test Professional 10.0, Load Runner 9.0, Quality Center 10 under different Environments for various applications adhering to different industry standards.
- Proficient in mobile automation testing using Appium with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, test planning, defect tracking, and reporting.
- Expertise in performing manual testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and Waterfall models.
- Experience in using Java IDE tools like Net beans and familiarity with other IDEs such as Eclipse .
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Good knowledge on Apache POI to read and write the data in Excel
- Excelled in performing Manual Testing, GUI, Functional, Integration Testing, System Testing, \ Regression Testing and Black - box testing with Knowledge of performance, load and stress testing .
- Good exposure to manual testing RESTFUL, web services in JSON format.
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-operating system testing using selenium WebDriver.
- Expertise in back end testing and writing SQL queries, Joins, procedures using Oracle and MYSQL for data validation and verification.
- Flexibility to work in dynamic, continually changing environment and Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Languages : JAVA, C, C#, Java Script, HTML, XML, VB.
Testing Tools : Selenium WebDriver, Appium (Android Testing), Geb tool HP Quality Center/ALM, JUnit, TestNG, JIRA, QTP, Eclipse, Manual Testing.
Operating Systems : Window 2000/2003/XP/7/, Windows 10, UNIX, LINUX.
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera.
Database : SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MYSQL.
Build Tool: Ant, Maven, Jenkins.
Bug Tracking Tools : JIRA, Quality Center (QC), Bugzilla.
Web Debugging Tool : Xpath, Fire path, Firebug, Webdebugger.
Web Services : SOAP, SOAP UI, REST, Web Services.
- Involved in writing test cases for the System Testing
- Designed automation test cases by using java, TestNG, maven and selenium web driver.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Implemented POM (Page Object Model) automation framework using JAVA, Selenium Web driver and Cucumber.
- Used agile methodology with Scrum Process.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber, Java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Following-up with developers as to the status of JIRAs and ensuring that the issues are resolved.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting.
- Worked on static and dynamic objects using XPath and DOM.
- Tested REST services using Postman, Groovy Script to test the services.
- Log defects using JIRA application and communicate the defect status updates to the responsible analysis and implementation teams.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Used Git as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews
- Managed Code reviews using GIT as code repository and code collaborator.
- Used Jira for Test Case management, Test Case executions, Defect Tracking and Reporting Test progress to the Project management teams.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for backend/ETL testing.
- Prepared manual and functional test cases on mobile and web applications as per requirement.
- Participated in Weekly Status meetings with project manager, Business Analyst, Developers and other team members.
- Used eclipse, IDE, and TESTNG framework to develop test code in java language. used VDI’s to run test suite while maintenance.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse IDÉ, Firebug, SQL, Jira, Postman, Jenkins, Test Hardness.
Manual / Automation Engineer
- Participated in writing Test Plan, Test strategy & Test Scenarios based on software documentation from business, technical and functional requirements.
- Performed cross browser compatibility testing on chrome, firefox, IEbrowser using TestNG unit Testing Framework by adding different annotations
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, TestNg and java in windows platform to cut down regression testing time
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber .
- Used Cucumber to write test cases for new modules.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven and Java
- Build a detailed, reusable, Script-free keyword Driven, Data Driven framework for Test cases using Selenium Webdriver and TestNG.
- Implemented the scripts by following Page Object Model design pattern.
- Performed end-to-end testing of Mobile application and verified compliance for software quality standards of the organization
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements. Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Performed the Mobile Testing for Mobile App of Client, identify the Mobile Platform like IOS , Android by using Appium
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Used selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers
- Involved in acceptance testing using Cucumber
- Worked on Geb- cucumber framework a developed functional regression suite for Java-Jsp application using Groovy script.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suit.
- Designed and documented REST APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Validated Restful API services .
- Having the scripts integrated to Jenkins CI from the GIT repo.
- Performed the test execution with continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
- Used JIRA as a mode to log bugs and communicate with managers and developers with issues regarding closure of bugs.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver/ GRID, Geb SOAP, JIRA, TEST NG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Appium, Agile Methodology, SQL, Eclipse, Oracle 10g, Windows 10.
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed and reviewed Story Boards to gain overall understanding of the functionality of the application.
- Written and executed functional test plans for manual testing.
- Developed and Build Automation Framework from scratch using WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG and Java in Windows platform to cut down regression testing time.
- Wrote several automation scripts in QTP with record/play and descriptive programming using VB Script
- Performed data driven testing and GUI Check Points using Selenium WebDriver and enhanced the overall functionality of the application.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and JUnit framework.
- Used Apache POI as part of the Data driven testing.
- Developed the smoke and Regression suites
- Performed functional, system, and regression testing of a web-based application working in an agile environment.
- Implemented the scripts by following Page Object Model design pattern.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Tested the new functionalities based on the new requirements and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Implemented JUnit test runner class to call test cases in Cucumber.
- Developed Test Cases to test Web Services and RESTful calls using SOAPUI tool.
- Validated Web Services and RESTful calls by comparing the data with Database and User Stories .
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Involved in developing detailed test strategy, test plan, test cases using JIRA for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Logged and managing the defects and resolving the logged defects in JIRA.
- Involved in user Acceptance Testing (UAT) of the application.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing by inputting valid and invalid data.
- Used SQL commands to validate the database and test its integration with the front end.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jenkins, REST, TDD, Agile, HTML, XML, JIRA, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
- Reviewed and analyzed business requirement documents and technical requirement documents.
- Used Firebug/Fire path Add-on-Tools to identify object’s Id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Checked all import/export and data transformation into the staging, production, and Datawarehouse environments.
- Prepare test cases for ETL testing and execute them.
- After execution do report of defects.
- Prepared, distributed and tracks defect reports using defect tracking tool pivotal tracker
- Run script as a batch file through ANT and generated testing report.
- Defect logging and tracking using TFS
- Responsible for Preparing Test Cases Based on the Functional Requirements.
- Reviewed the User Requirements Document and prepared the detailed Test Strategy for the Testing effort.
- Preparation of Test Scenarios and Test Cases during the Test Design Phase and get the approval from BA/Client
- Updating and Modifying Test cases in TestRail.
- Involved in Test Execution, Results Analyzing and Defect Reporting in QTP.
- Conducted Regression and Re Testing once defects are fixed.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Gathering of functional requirements in Agile projects, creating HLD, reviewing LLD, involving in code reviews and Unit testing.
- Preparation of Test status and Test summary reports.
- Held daily and weekly meeting with the project and QA manager.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix for the application.
- Proven ability in proactively identifying and resolving issues. Effectively involved in the review of the Test results.
Environment: Manual Testing, Test Rail, QTP.