- To obtain a responsible and challenging position as a software QA Analyst/Test Engineer in a progressive organization where I can maximize my Quality Assurance experience to achieve corporate goals and also looking for the position in an organization where I will get an opportunity to use all my skills and knowledge to benefit the organization.
- Expert in QA Processes, SDLC, 8 years of career leading appropriate testing and delivery of quality software, products, systems and applications to meet business, market and customer needs, utilizing blended onshore/offshore delivery model.
- Extensive experience in functional testing, smoke testing, integration testing, regression testing, black box testing, GUI testing, back - end testing, browser compatibility testing, load/performance testing in different stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong background in functional and regression testing for enterprise web/portal applications following iterative and agile methodologies.
- Ability to write detailed test cases, test plans and thoroughly document defects identified.
- 7+ years QA experience testing web and client server applications.
- Strong knowledge of full Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC).
- Strong experience in User/Customer Acceptance Testing (UAT/CAT).
- Able to exhibit sound scientific judgment based on reasonable assumptions and available information.
- Knowledge of QA processes and best practices in corporate client.
- Extensively involved in Backend testing by SQL Queries using Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Sybase.
- Experience in VB, .Net, SQL, PL/SQL procedures, Functions and Triggers.
- Proficiency in Test Analysis, Bug Detection, Defect isolation and Report generation.
- Expertise in bug-reporting and bug-tracking using the test management tool like ALM, JIRA, Test Director, ClearQuest and Quality Center.
- Experience in database testing using Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQL and PL/SQL.
- Ability to work with Business Analysts, Developers, CM, Project Managers and other Team Members in complex testing projects and in the overall enhancement of software product quality.
- Experience with test automation tool Quick Test Pro/ Unified Functional Testing.
- Knowledge with performance measuring tool LoadRunner.
- Experience in UNIX / Linux platforms.
- Experience with developing/modifying automation test scripts using ALM Business Process Testing.
- Self motivated individual and creative thinker who will take ownership and accountability.
- Experience in working on multiple releases in parallel, able to work well in team environment to achieve results, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a self-starter who can deliver well as part of a team, ability to work under pressure during tight deadlines and meet client expectation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills competencies.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
Languages: JAVA, XML, SQL, PL/SQL.
RDBMS: Oracle, My SQL Developer, MS SQL Server, My SQL Workbench, MS Access, Sybase.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux, Sun Solaris.
Testing Tools: ALM, QTP/UFT, LoadRunner, Test Director, Win Runner, XMLSpy, SoapUI, ReadyAPI, XML Editor, HBase/Hadoop, Apache Kafka.
Bug Tracking Tool: JIRA, Quality Center, Clear Quest, PVCS Tracker.
Web Servers: Apache, Netscape I-Planet, Mainframe DB2, IDMS.
Others: MS Office, Visio, MS Outlook, SharePoint, Notepad ++, TechShare.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior QA Analyst/ Test Lead
- Developing, maintaining and executing manual test scripts for Functional and Regression scenarios for PostalOne and Business Customer Gateway Applications for many functionalities like Manage Mailing Activity, Audit Mailing Activity, Transactions, Reports, BMEU, Mail.dat, Mail.XML, EVS, Postal Wizard Mailing submission types and so on, also to verify that the products meet customer specifications and perform reliably in the fields.
- Strong knowledge of analyzing and testing Full Service, eInduction, Seamless Acceptance and Move/Update mailing systems under the MicroStrategy Application.
- Functional testing on Payment Modernization Application.
- Creating contracts for Confidential products as part of Program Registration Application testing.
- Report issues into the Defect/Item module in ALM and continue following up with the development and IT teams till it gets resolved. Monitor Defect Life Cycle.
- Review and analyze Requirements to develop detailed Test Cases and to established traceability between application requirements and test cases.
- Develop test plans and detailed test cases for Customer Acceptance Testing by analyzing Design Documents and Business Requirement Documents .
- Lead walk-through and Peer-Reviews on test cases and test scenarios, organize Business Reviews to confirm test coverage as per the Business Requirements.
- Planning, monitoring and taking control over the testing activities and release tasks, setting up ALM Test suites for Major/Minor releases and Patches as well as Regression cycles.
- Develop and Maintain Business Components and Automation Test scripts using HP ALM and Unified Functional Testing (UFT) and run them in Regression testing cycles.
- Lead the Automation team to meet goals during each Sprints. Maintain Burn Down for Sprint projection, motivate team members to achieve client expectations, participate in daily Scrums, organize Sprint Demos and Sprint Retrospectives during every Sprints. Pull Sprint Reports from VersionOne and provide them to client.
- Estimate testing to be done within the deadline and negotiate with management to acquire the necessary resources.
- Web Service and functional testing for APV application using SoapUI and ReadyAPI.
- Database and backend testing for Package Platform application using SQL Developer and My SQL Workbench.
- Validate Data flow in IV repository using HBase/Hadoop and SQLline commands.
- Validate Scan Notifications and messaging ques using Apache Kafka.
- Analyze specifications and assist team members to create test data, test cases for Functional, Regression, Smoke and System testing.
- Participate in the reviews of software design, change specification and plan against contractual and/or process requirements.
- Make sure the Test Environment is put into place before test executions in CAT and Production Check-outs during patches and Major/Minor releases.
- Lead team to guide and monitor the analysis, design, implementation and execution of the test cases, test procedures and test suites in ALM throughout the patches and releases, also generate the TSLC documents and submit it to the client within the deadline.
- Lead UAT Test cycles for Patches, Major/Minor Releases as well as Production Checkouts.
- Identify the Scope of the testing required for a particular release based on the Requirement Documents and Items.
- Initiate the test planning activities for test case design and encourage the team to hold review meetings, also ensure the review comments from the clients are incorporated.
- Prepare any risk mitigation plans in case there are any delays are foreseen.
- Create Test results for each testing cycles and provide a test summary to all stake holders, within the team and management.
- Develop Requirement Traceability Metrics (RTM) to make sure all requirements are covered by test cases, generate from ALM as well.
- Perform Functional and Smoke testing for every modification in the application and new builds using ALM and Regression suites using UFT.
- Coordinate with IT leads, CM, Developers and System Integration team to resolve various issues related to bug fixing, re-analyzing certain functionalities and providing creative feedbacks.
- Hosting CAT/SIT/IT touch point calls daily basis to discuss ongoing issues, concerns regarding current and future releases.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Test Engineer
- Develop test strategies for credit card and account module.
- Perform GUI, Back End and Regression testing.
- Perform Regression testing for every modification in the application and new builds using Quick Test Pro.
- Write complex SQL queries for Database testing.
- Prepare Test plan and Test cases based on the business requirements.
- Generate, analyze, and publish LoadRunner test results and document the testing process.
- Manage customer projects in a remote testing environment, driving load from multiple points of presence in order to emulate business transactions identified under defined circumstances.
- Responsible for executing test cases and log defects.
- Write and execute scripts in QTP. Developed Keyword Driven Frameworks for the project.
- Coordinate with developers, project managers and system analysts to resolve various issues related to bug fixing, re-analyzing certain functionalities and providing creative feedbacks.
- Use Quality Center to maintain test cases, test executions and defects.
Confidential, Natick, MA
Software QA Analyst
- Performance specs of the software were verified by deploying the LoadRunner test suite.
- Rendezvous point was used to better control and generate peak load on the server thereby stressing it and measuring its load and performance in LoadRunner.
- Mapped the custom objects to the standard objects where necessary and inserted GUI, Bitmap and Text checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Developed test procedures to test E-Commerce and Web based applications.
- Cross platform testing and integration of Japanese and European versions of software based on MS Windows.
- Responsible for configuration and trouble free operation of clusters consisting with Microsoft and Unix Operating systems.
- Developed Network Lab to test Wireless applications and Network Protocols in the environment of Proxy Server, Unix Firewall and Microsoft Servers.
Confidential, Orchard Park, NY
Software Test Engineer
- Writing of Test Plan for implementation of Testing Process to meet deadlines and Schedules.
- Verification of Web Functionality and GUI Functionality of the entire application.
- Capture of GUI Map files for Automation of Testing Process using QTP Tool.
- Creation of Testing Scenarios for Cross Functionality Verification.
- Creation of Data Driven Tests for Data input Validations of text Fields in the Quote application Module.
- Regression testing of the Application for identification of bugs arising after initial fixing of bugs.
- Documentation of test Results in error logging tool Quality Center.
- Customization of VBScript for Automation of the Testing Process and Enhancement of Test Scripts for use in subsequent builds of the application.