- Over 6 years of experience in automation of web applications using Selenium and well versed in Descriptive programming and creating scripts.
- Experienced in test planning, test design, estimation, script creation, execution, coordinating testing efforts, responsible for test deliverables, status reporting to management, issue escalations.
- Experienced in working on both Web and Client Server applications.
- Good exposure in doing migration testing for legacy data.
- Working experience in Agile Development Environment for automating user stories in various iterations.
- Proficient in Functional, Regression, Web Service and Browser Compatibility Testing.
- Proficiency in writing load scripts using Apache JMeter.
- Extensively experienced in JIRA, HP Quality Center / HP ALM.
- Strong Knowledge in JIRA for Testing, Bug/Defect Tracking and Reporting resolved bugs.
- Expertise in writing SQL queries to perform Back - end testing.
- Experienced in working with continuous integration tools like Jenkins and Hudson.
- Proficient in building automation test suites using Java and Selenium WebDriver.
- Hands on experience in Developing Automation Scripts, Execution and Analyzing Test Results using Hybrid, Keyword Driven Framework and Data Driven Framework in Selenium.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
- Proficient in using GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team in overseas.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Proficient in Web Services Testing: SoapUI, Rest API Automation Testing, SOA platform.
- Exposure to BDD using Cucumber and Gherkin statements.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Good Interpersonal, Analytical and Communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to master new technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work extra hours when needed.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid, Rest, SoapUI, HP ALM/Quality Center
Testing Frameworks: JUnit, TestNG, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Reporting Tools: JIRA, Quality Center/ALM
Operating Systems: Windows, MacOS, Linux/UNIX
Databases & Tools: SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access, Oracle
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari
MS Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Visio
Software Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Programming Languages: Java, VBScript, SQL, C, C++, PHP
Internet Technologies: HTML, XML, JSP, J2EE, JSON
Build tools: Maven, Jenkins, Git, Ant
Confidential, Oakton, VA
QA Automation Engineer
- Reviewed documents like Software Requirement Specification, Rapid Design Document, High Level Design, Detail Design Document, Acceptance Test Cases, Integration Test Cases, Unit Test Cases.
- Analyzed various documents and use Cases to prepare detailed Test Plan.
- Tested the application compatibility in all versions of Netscape and Internet Explorer browsers by automating Test cases.
- Involved in attending all agile scrum meetings and making updated reports.
- Performed black box testing, database testing, and web-based testing on several test phases.
- Performed GUI, Functional, System, Smoke, Positive and Negative, Integration, Regression, UAT and Back End testing.
- Used JIRA for Bug Tracking, Bug fixing, and Bug Reporting.
- Posted and closed Bugs for each phase into JIRA.
- Involved in Database Testing and checked all database tables to make sure that the data is moving in their Respective Tables.
- Performed functionality and regression testing during various phases of application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Hybrid Framework using TestNG.
- Developed and Executed Automation Scripts using Hybrid Framework in Selenium and Analyzed Test Results.
- Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Wrote modification requests for bugs in the application and helped developers track and resolve the problems.
- Maintained Debug and Reported Test-Scripts-Coverage (Smoke and Regression) on every build.
- Done SOA testing for Payment API's using SoapUI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Involved in stabilizing the Testing Process and updating the repository on a daily basis and weekly basis.
- Coordinated User Acceptance Test (UAT) process and documented and addressed all issues found during the process.
- Involved in authoring Test Strategy and SOP for test script automation.
- Involved in status reporting, project meetings and project planning with the team.
- Checked the response of the application when more than certain number of users are using the application Confidential the same time.
- Worked with the offshore team to meet project deadlines and deliverables.
- Responsible for creating and managing test data.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Leaded the QA activities of two full Scrum teams of both manual and automation testing.
- Implemented automation coverage from scratch for the project.
- Analyzed defects and worked closely with developers to come up with an effective solution.
- Involved in closely monitoring server logs to observe exceptions.
- Performed functional testing, back-end testing, regression testing.
- Used JIRA to track, report, and manage defects throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during testing cycle.
- Used SQL queries to extract data from the database to check the data integrity.
- Developed and enhanced SQL/PLSQL scripts and tested them.
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium tests.
- Implemented cross browser and cross platform web testing with Selenium WebDriver.
- Used JUnit and TestNG testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium.
- Used Selenium to expand test scenarios to catch more bugs and improve quality.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity, and integration testing using Selenium.
- Developed test scripts and analyzed the results of integration, regression, functional and acceptance testing using Selenium in various stages of the application.
- Identified defects using Selenium and ensured that business processes deliver the expected results and remain reliable throughout the production release.
- Developed and implemented Keyword Driven Framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested RESTful API using Google Chrome Restful console clients manually
- Automated API features using Cucumber API framework.
- Involved in developing automation framework in Ruby utilizing Selenium and Cucumber for end to end testing involving a Client API, SoapUI Native Application, .NET wed application and MYSQL database.
- Involved in REST APIs and standard Linux command line utilities.
- Involved in building Automation Frameworks using JAVA, Spring and TDD/BDD approach.
- Coordinated UAT testing by guiding the users during UAT.
- Interacted with developers to get estimates and to resolve technical issues.
- Created several helpful custom reports from Test Management Tool for management to understand overall Testing status of the entire project.
- Attended QA daily meetings, made proposals for resolving conflicts.
- Prepared Weekly reports and build status reports.
- Setup troubleshooting sessions for resolving issues.
Environment: Java, ANT, SVN, SharePoint, JUnit, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Cucumber, SoapUI, MVC, XPath, XML, HTML, CSS, JIRA, HP ALM, Eclipse, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SQL, Oracle, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Windows.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Prepared Test plan, Test cases and Test data after analyzing the requirements.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing in the final phase of Software Development Lifecycle to check the functionality of the software.
- Performed different kinds of testing like Black Box, GUI, Functionality, Integration, Regression, Usability, System, User Acceptance and Back End Testing.
- Managed and controlled Requirements, Test Design, Execution and Defect tracking process using Quality Center/ALM.
- Wrote Manual Test cases in Quality Center/ALM and executed the test cases.
- Scheduled script execution, published results and reported defects as required in Quality Center/ALM.
- Wrote PL/SQL statements to extract and update tables’ data.
- Performed Database Functionality Tests and verified the Business Logic Implementation by constructing and executing several SQL statements.
- Executed the transactions manually and verified the back end functionalities and data exploitation.
- Involved in Regression Testing for every change in modules.
- Used SoapUI assertions and Groovy script for web service automation Testing.
- Automated various Daily status and weekly reports.
Environment: Quality Center/ALM, Selenium, Jenkins, SoapUI, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SharePoint, Unix, JQuery, VBScript, XML, Java, Oracle, SQL Server, TOAD, Windows, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari.