- I believe that a test engineer should test any product with the mindset of a desperate customer on a flaw finding rampage in order to get his money back.
- I am a Software Test Engineer operating out of the San francisco Bay area . I am a Citizen of the USA .
- I love software applications, and take pride in identifying imperfections, using both Automation and manual testing of any web Application.
- 8 + years of Automation Test Engineering experience, hands on experience in testing web based applications - using Java, and Selenium Web Driver and iOS Mobile application testing - using Java .
- Comfortable with Backend Automation, testing REST APIs against Databases
- Started career as a C++ developer, later worked with professional services, technical implementation and testing of n-tier Enterprise Systems and Solutions for Symantec’s End point Virtualization product, before settling to QA and Automation.
- Seasoned in writing test plans, test cases, scoping testing effort.
- Write Test plans, Test coverage and can scope QA efforts required both for sprint based features and for bigger quarterly goals.
- Implement solutions and Lead UAT at client locations and in-house, file bugs, track issues to closure and ensure product acceptance and timely releases.
- Conduct sessions to internal teams (Offshore/local) and customers and partners for quicker product adoption.
- I am a software test engineer. I love creating Automation tests, update existing broken tests, and manual test any new feature for any product.
- I code in Java and use Selenium WebDriver for automating regression tests I have also used Ruby and Watir Webdriver for the same.
- I Automate Testing of REST APIs using JAVA .
- I recently created my very first a fully functional Automation Framework from scratch, for Web UI Automation testing as a part of my recent project with Confidential .
- Ι fully believe in the merits of manual testing (ask me why)...
- Technology agnostic. Can test any Web, mobile or native application running on desktop or mobile devices.
- Have led large scale Enterprise wide implementation of virtualization solutions in the past
- Have trained partners, team members and also customers.
- Have worked closely with sales during the pre-sales cycle to drive sales
- I add vibrancy to the work atmosphere, and make the product a delight to use for the customer.
- I love identifying logical flaws in product and product design.
- Like contributing with my views on how a product can be improved.
- Love people and very keen to interact with people directly
- Love working in an environment where the developer - QA rapport is Good.
- Love asking questions, and seek guidance when situation commands, and also help and provide guidance when required.
- I love communicating, and establishing relationships.
Programming Languages: Primary - Java, open to adopt any Object Oriented language.
Testing tools: Selenium2.0 and 3.0.1 Webdrivers for testing UI, Xcode 5.0 for running, debugging and Testing iOS apps by using the Simulator.Advanced REST API tester and Postman for testing APIs (Great tool for posting and Getting data) and JSON parsing tools like JSONsimple..
Automation Framework: TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Bitbucket repo, Selenium, Java
RDBMS: SQL Server 2014, 2008, Oracle 9i/10i
Integration tools: Teamcity(current), Jenkins continuous integration I have NOT had the opportunity to configure either of these with GIT, TestNG etc.
Operating Systems: MacOSx (currently Sierra), Windows (Currently 10), Ubuntu 18.0.4 Linux
Version Control: Git, SVN, Bitbucket
Issue Tracking: Atlassian Jira, ETrack, Radar
Investigation / Debug Tools: FireBug, Regmon, filemon, processmon, Eclipse Debugger (for Java) and Xcode Debugger (for code running on Xcode), Ruby mine 6.3
ConfidentialQA Test Engineer
- Ensure that functionalities are not broken by constant changes changes in UI due to the nascent nature of the product.
- Verify and new design, File bug report, assign to appropriate dev, track and verify completion using Radar and Agile Radar.
- Provide useful product design enhancement suggestions to ensure the product works efficiently - Ask me what
- Ensure timely delivery and deployment of Features planned for the current Sprint.
QA Test Engineer
- Run tests on Dockerized deep learning platforms
- Keep tests on par with latest GPU offerings
- Keep tests on par with the latest Ubuntu servers
- Report performance issues using SMART internal tool to gauge the PCIe performance across all the Deep learning Models and monitor output on Graffana and report to stakeholders.
Automation Framework Engineer
- Created an opportunity for Confidential internal teams to start creating Automation tests for the new web offering from Confidential .
- Working with a remote team based out of Austin, I was still agile enough to respond to any request, make dynamic changes requested by the stakeholders and ensured on-time delivery of a working framework with a few Automation tests added and well documented, enabling the team to take over and start contributing to Automation.
- Considering the fact that this was my very first experience building a Framework from scratch, I ensured that work was in tune with the requirements for the Sprint.
- Made many mistakes, stumbled over many unknowns but communicated, researched and eventually got the Framework working. Great learning.
Environment and Tools:
- Language: Java
- Webdriver: Selenium
- Maven for Build/Run
- Bitbucket code repository
- Jenkins CI
Software Test Engineer
- Contributing significantly to provide Automation coverage for new features during the two week Sprint cycles.
- Responsibilities: fixing and restructuring many existing cases and keeping TeamCity as green as possible by fixing broken tests.
- Migrating tests from SQL to JPA - This resulted in
- Avoided opening and closing of significant amount of Db Connections thus increasing Speed and reliability of the test results.
- TeeamCity tests that were originally running for many hours completed in minutes
- Taking ownership for running end-2-end tests during deployments (creating different types of campaigns, verification on devices..) and production verification (CURL tests et al), reporting issues, tracking and closing.
Sr Software Test Engineer
- Manual and automation testing of OpenTable’s Consumer web and Mobile web offerings for both local and international multi lingual domains
- Use REST APIs to speed up current and new Automation tests
- Monitor pre-prod environment and ensure it is in good health always (read as ‘As much as possible’: ) )
- Perform due diligence, eke out features where Automation would be a good fit, and create Automation tests for both Mobile and consumer web Using Ruby to run selenium/watir webdrivers.
- Manual testing - Test the product manually as soon as a feature is released in the CI/Pre prod environment by developers.
- Run complete booking cycles across the Domains that should be impacted by the new feature. Verify quirks both in UI and functionality. Report issues in Jira and track to completion.
- Assist with AB testing of UI changes in Pre prod and prod both manually and by running automation.
- UI automation for Consumer web platform and Mobile web platform using Java driving selenium webdrivers.
- Our Automation not only tests the UI, but some of the underlying services that are used by the product. We do this as a part of our automation tests by making GET or POST requests to the service endpoints, use the parsed JSON results as an Input for the tests. Some of the Services that we test and consume regularly are the User service, Availability service, Restaurant services.., to name a few.
- Back end - have enough understanding to poke through Db, construct and fire off basic queries using select and update statements.
- As and when required in situations where new UI has to be verified when AB tests are run.
- Help support and development by triaging prod issues escalations by Tier 3 support, by analyzing the logs and information provided, so that dev can spend lesser time to fix is- sues.
- Help with and monitor deployments (both consumer web and mobile web)
- Attend sprint planning meetings for the product and help with scoping efforts for our two week sprints
- Maintain Pre-prod /staging environment in good health, to ensure that Tests results are always reliable (Ask me how).
Environment and tools:
- Development: Eclipse, Rubymine 6.3 for creating Automation scripts
- Test integration and Deployment: Team City
- Bug tracking: Atlassian Jira
- Version control: Git (familiar with both source tree and command mode)
- Services testing: Advanced REST API Client, Postman
- Database: Sql server 2014
Software Test Engineer
- Manual and automation testing of Confidential 's evolving and cutting edge product Gnome 2.0 (AKA Breadcrumb POS or BPOS ) working with a small group of expert engineers to ensure that product works per new design decisions, in a two week sprint cycle.
- Creating Test scripts to test scenarios (complete transaction cycles based on different application settings) using Java, on Frankified iOS app running in simulator (Xcode 5.0).
- Web Automation testing using Selenium 2.0 web driver and Java.
- Testing the performance, reliability, stability and instant synchronization of settings and data on multiple devices.
- Testing the Gnome UI, testing and verification of proper communication between the Front end (UI) and various other key services running in the backend like - Payments processing, Credit Card verification and Authorization gateways, and Confidential 's popular deals processing service.
- Contributing to creating Test plans, creating Test cases based on new product design, and creating bug reports and tracking them to closure, and coordinating with an offshore resource to delegate work and track progress.
Environment and tools:
- Xcode 5.0 IDE for debugging the iOS 7.0/ 7.1 code by running the app on Simulator.
- Automation using JDK 1.2 on Eclipse IDE running against Frankified apps running on xCode 5.0 simulator for local testing.
- Eclipse IDE for creating Automation code using Java 1.6
- TestNG framework for creating tests that will run on Jenkins.
- Atlassian Jira - for Bug tracking
- Git - for version control
- TestRail - for creating and adding Test cases, and tracking Test passes and reports (passed, failed, retest, and blocked)
Implementation Engineer and QA
- Responsible for designing implementation architecture and leading implementations to deliver implementation services to SML Enterprise customers ( 0 end users).
- Lead QA initiatives, and UAT at customer locations
- Designed, Implemented led UAT and supported Application Virtualization solution from Confidential to its customer Kaiser Permanente to serve 250K users from servers spread across 19 Servers from three Datacenters
- Designed and Implemented SaaS model Application delivery to Riverdeep inc based out of Iowa
- Implementation, UAT and support of end user computing solution to Citco - A hedge funds major based out of Jersey city NJ.
- Provided advisory services to customers Network rail - Based out of UK. This also involved onsite testing of our product.
- Engage with customers and internal Confidential teams (Dev, QA, PM) and drive successful implementations and UAT to enable product adoption.
- Advice customers and internal teams on other collateral virtualization technologies that would enable better adoption of the solution.
- Work closely with QA to validate releases and verify stability and performance based on Automation tests running test scripts.
- Created many customer specific Kludge Scripts (VbScript, Windows Batch files) and mini helper .Exes that were needed at times to fill small gaps in product behavior thereby enabling product adoption by customers.
- Run sanity tests and regression tests to ensure that custom builds specific to customers did not break the product's functionality on any supported OS (Windows Xp SP2, SP3, Windows 7- Standard, Ultimate.. and windows Server 2008) and processors x(86), x (64) follow Customers test methodologies to manually test the products in the lab to ensure that custom builds work per design
- Run regressions in the customer test environment with custom builds or product upgrades or enhancements Do not break the current version of the product in place
- Simulate customer environment and test product performance in the sandbox and signoff on delivery
- Used VMware workstation 7.0 to setup my lab to test and certify delivery.
- Customers and Partners on the product either onsite or remote.
QA Test Engineer
- Played a key role in testing the integrated version of the ESD and Virtualization components from Symantec. This was to a large extent manual to check if the newly integrated product would pass regression, positive and negative testing.
- Black box testing and Multi OS Testing using Confidential Norton Ghost and later VMware workstation 5.x
- Feature testing, performance testing, running regressions and impact analysis.
- Create test plans, test cases based on BRD and technical Specifications. Provide solutions to problems in test scenarios, and troubleshoot all issues or escalate to Development and PM.
- Responsible from end to end of the life cycle in QA role.
- Review test logic and come up with better approach for automated product testing and network performance testing by introducing QTP and Load runner for automation testing and products like wire shark for very basic network testing to gauge performance.
- Maintained the database server for the customer facing version of the product which would allow registered customers to stream and use applications as a service (SaaS).
- Verify SQL queries against backend database to ensure test codes retrieve the right data on testing.
Environment and tools: Java, Eclipse, Bugzilla, XML, SQL, Wireshark, QTP, Load Runner, Agile, SQL server 2005, Apache Tomcat, Norton Ghost, VMWare 5.x workstation