- 10+ years’ experience in QA, Automation, Build/Release and Software Development Life Cycle with Agile methodologies
- 10+ years’ experience of programming using Java, SQL, C/C++ and Shell Scripting.
- Leadership and management experience of broad QA and Build/Release operations
- Experience with database server( Confidential, DB2, MySQL, Cassandra DB, Oracle )
- Excellent trouble - shooting and analytical skills for large systems and Databases
Database: Confidential Dynamic Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra DB
Middleware: Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, JDBC, ODBC.
Tools: Jira, Jenkins, BuildForge, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Eclipse. Bitbucket and Git
Tools: RTC, Selenium Webdriver. VNC, PuTTY, CodeFusion, qTest, SQL Developer
Language: Java, ESQL/C, C/C++, SQL, SHELL Scripting. Python
Platforms/Hardware: Unix/Linux, Mac OS, Windows. ARM32/64. Raspberry PI.
System Admin: Windows, MacOS, Unix/Linux, IDS, MySQL.
Misc: Debugging, Scrum, Agile Methodologies, Software Quality Assurance, Continuous Integration (CI). Cloud computing/ Amazon web services (AWS).
Senior Software QA Engineer
- Drive the effort to use qTest for test plan, design and execution in qTest first time for Enterprise Software Department in Confidential &C
- Completed the scale testing on the TMS with over 5000 simulated devices.
- Automated the data setup and configuration for regression testing on TMS using shell scripts and Python
- Worked closely with development team to resolve issues in environment and repro of critical defects.
Advisory Software Engineer
- Provided build and testing infrastructure support for over 200+ software engineers.
- Assured high availability of the infrastructure of completing over 100 nightly builds across 15+ platforms and execution of 10000+ tests nightly in the distributed systems through automation
- Led Engineering Operations scrum meeting with Agile processes, coordinated Dev, PM and QA efforts
- Developed SQL code for Confidential ETL common report projects
- Developed SQL queries extracting 300 million records from ATM database for Cognos common reports.
- Worked as a key contributor to Confidential IDS releases, including Test case planning, test data set up, test execution, and reporting.
- Analyzed test results, worked closely with developers on debugging and performance tuning.
Confidential, Oakland, CA
Software Engineer in QA
- Studied the development design/specifications for Confidential Dynamic Server
- Developed, executed, reviewed test cases on Solaris and Windows
- Analyzed the test results, raised defects with repro code.
- Designed and implemented a data management system for Henan Coal Mine Bureau utilizing C and dBase III. Included simulation algorithm design, database design, interface design, programming, testing and integration at Confidential
- Worked with the product development group in developing an Expert System for mine fire fighting. Designed and implemented the fire simulating algorithm, 3-D graphics of mine ventilation system utilizing C at Confidential .
- Lectured FORTRAN, C language and computer application classes for college sophomores for eight semesters at Confidential .