- Over 6+ years of MS SQL Server Developer and QA Analyst experience in Banking, Finance, Automobile and HealthCare domains with expertise in MS SQL Server 2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016 and Microsoft’s suite of products like SSIS and SSRS.
- Extensive experience in Manual testing as well as Automation testing.
- Experienced in implementation of different QA methodologies, plans and strategies in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Well versed in reviewing and analysing the Business requirements and developing Test Plan, Test strategies, Test cases, Test data, Test procedure, Test reports and documentation of Manual Tests.
- Experience in performing white box testing, Black box testing, integration testing, Database testing, System testing, and supported user acceptance testing (UAT) with business users. Worked on Regression Testing, Functional Testing, GUI Testing, Automation testing and Responsive Web Design testing.
- Knowledge of automation testing frameworks using Selenium webdriver.
- Basic Experience of working on writing, reviewing, and executing Automation test scripts.
- Good understanding of Core Java and Object - Oriented Programming (OOPs) concepts and basic experience in designing, developing, enhancing automated test scripts for Selenium using Java.
- Knowledge of designing and implementing Selenium Automation Frameworks using Page Object Model (POM) and Behaviour driven development framework.
- Good knowledge and understanding in identifying the correct GUI elements for creating automation scripts using Selenium locators such as name, ID, Link Text, CSS Selector and XPath.
- Used web debugging tools like Fire Path and Firebug to locate web elements.
- Expertise in Root Cause Analysis, defect logging and bug tracking using TFS, JIRA.
- Created daily, weekly and other periodic bug status reports.
- Experience in Cross-Browser testing with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of automation testing tools and plug-ins like Selenium WebDriver /IDE/Grid, JUnit/ TestNG, Maven, cucumber and Jenkins.
- Efficient in the use of Microsoft TFS, JIRA for Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, Bug Tracking and Test Evaluation.
- Participated in the Performance testing meetings to gather the Performance testing requirements and to set up the Performance testing bench mark.
- Proficiency in backend database by writing SQL queries to perform data driven tests to validate the completeness, integrity and accuracy of GUI Test results.
- Involved in all phases of STLC like Estimations, kick off meetings, Review with client for Scope, Timelines, Test Design, Peer review, Test Execution, defect analysis, Project meetings and preparing Metrics.
- Experience in process documents like Test plans, Test cases, Requirements Traceability matrix, Weekly status Reports, bug reports etc.
- Strong experience in Stored Procedure, Formulated Stored Procedure/TSQL coding, Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, User Defined Functions, views, indexes, user profiles, Relational Database models, Data integrity, query writing and SQL joins.
- Experienced in Creating, Configuring and Fine-tuning ETL workflows designed between Homogenous and Heterogeneous Systems using SSIS of MS SQL Server 2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016 respectively.
- Implemented complicated transformations to be used in SSIS packages.
- Experienced in Data Conversion, Normalization and Data Modeling, Multi-Dimensional Modeling and involved in creation of Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Star Schema and Snowflake dimensional schema using Erwin Tool.
- Developed a thorough knowledge and maturity in all the phases understanding business processes, gather requirements, and coordinate ongoing iterative development of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and STLC models like Agile and Waterfall.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as MS Access programming language and data.
- Expert in using tools like MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Windows Performance for monitoring and tuning SQL Server performance.
- Quick learner, excellent communication skills and good performer both in team and independent job environments. Strong Analytical Skill, mindset, multi-tasking, with research, problem solving and ability quickly learn new tools and technology with proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
QA Skills: End to End testing, Black Box testing, White Box testing, Functional Testing, Unit Testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, UAT test plan, Negative Testing, Web Page Testing, Job testing, Automation Testing, Defect Reporting, Defect Management, Defect Resolution, Reporting, Requirement Analysis.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM, SDLC, STLC.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber.
Test Build & Integration Tools:: Maven, Jenkins.
Frameworks: Page Object Model (POM), Behaviour driven development.
Programming Languages: JAVA, C, C++
API & Web service tools: Postman.
Markup Languages: HTML, XML
Database and BI tools: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Query Analyser, SQL Server Profiler, Bulk Copy Program (BCP), ERWIN
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac.
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, Zephyr, TFS, HP Quality Canter.
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Utilities: Eclipse, Firebug, FirePath.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Software QA Tester
- Analyzed business r equirements and functional documents, added test strategies to the test strategy document as new features are added that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Worked on Agile Environment and tested the application under SCRUM Methodology. Attended Kickoff meetings. Reviewed requirements, functional and technical Design Documents.
- Involved in writing Test Cases by using Design Docs and Acceptance criteria.
- Participated in requirements, functional design, technical design and release notes walkthroughs.
- Executed the test cases in Manual testing.
- Involved in using JIRA for managing the defects/bugs. Performed manual Back-End testing by writing SQL Queries for validating user information in the tables.
- Identified software defects and interacted with developers to resolve them.
- Wrote SQL Queries to retrieve data from the databases to validate the GUI front end data against data in the database by using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Participated in various meetings, discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Performed Manual Testing of Web applications and involved in automating it by using selenium.
- Involved in developing existing Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Eclipse, TestNG, and Java .
- Created and tested Positive and Negative Test scenarios to test the functionality and the error handling capability of the application.
- Planned, Implemented and Documented all aspects of software QE including manual and unit test, integration, regression, stress and performance testing.
- Test execution of Manual and Automation are carried out using the Test Management tool JIRA.
- Involved in writing Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test Cases/suites.
- Used Firebug for inspecting web pages and to locate Web Elements.
- Wrote CSS Selector and XPath manually to work on dynamic Web Elements.
- Used Selenium tool (Selenium IDE is a plug-in for Firefox) to record and playback tests and then export the recorded test in other language e.g. html, Java. The Exported test can be run in any browser and any platform.
- Attended Daily Stand-up meetings.
- Tested complete product life cycle in all browsers.
- Involved with Risk team to fraud check testing and performed End to End testing and UAT testing.
- Worked with Development and QA teams to establish a build schedule.
Confidential, Westlake Village, CA
Software QA Analyst
- Reviewed and analysed story requirements to generate test cases and tracked requirement coverage using Requirement Traceability Matrix and created test status reports on a daily basis based on Agile methodology.
- Conducted functional walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, and assisted the development of User Manuals for customers.
- Used various SQL queries to validate the test case results for back-end test cases.
- Involved in writing SQL server Stored Procedures/Functions/views and Triggers to perform time consuming test scenarios and reduce some time pressure.
- Performed rigorous backend database testing with SQL Server in SIT and UAT.
- Experienced in testing Web applications and client/server applications.
- Experienced in testing XML files and validating the data loaded to staging tables for Service Oriented Architecture.
- Planned and strategized quality assurance efforts between QA and UAT teams.
- Created test planning and participated in execution for Manual and Automation testing.
- Involved in smoke testing, sandbox testing and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Perform Data Integration, Data comparison and Data Validation for Back End Testing by using SQL Queries (SQL SERVER).
- Created test plans by analysing the business requirements and system requirements of the application.
- Wrote SQL queries to test the application for data integrity and verified the contents of the data table.
- Coordinated with different users in UAT process.
- Involved in writing Gherkin Test Scripts using Cucumber in UFT (Behaviour driven development framework or BDD) for different transactions to execute Functional Testing, Regression Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Used TFS for defects reporting and communicating between developers, product support and test team members.
- Performed browser compatibility testing using different browsers like IE, Firefox, Chrome etc.
- Tested application manually and executed automated scripts.
- Experienced in Black box Testing such as System Integration Testing, Functional Testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT), Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Regression Testing.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
BI Developer/SQL Server Developer
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing data base using Erwin on business requirement and provided documentation.
- Designed Complex SSIS ETL packages to load the data from different sources like MS Access, OLEDB, EXCEL, FLAT Files and RAW Files into various Servers and Databases.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases and data mart databases.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the Database on Daily basis.
- Responsible for developing processes, automation of maintenance Jobs, Tuning SQL Server, locks and Indexes configurations, SQL Server automatic e-mail notification.
- Performed backup/restore of database objects such as Tables, Procedures, Triggers, Constraints, Indexes and views.
- Used Joins, correlated and non-correlated sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple table’s calculations from different databases.
- Used advanced features of T-SQL in order to design and tune T-SQL to interface the database and other applications in most efficient manner.
- Developed different types of tabular reports, matrix reports, chart and graphs, reports that aggregate data using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Involved in Creating Parameterized, Cascaded, Drill-down, Cross-tab and Drill-through Reports using SSRS.
- SQL query optimization in SSRS by designing required indexes partitions after analysis using SQL profiler and examining execution plans in SQL server Management studio.
- Created Clustered and Non Clustered Indexes on tables for performance optimization of complex stored procedures.
- Supported development of Access applications for product management group, involving analysis, design, coding, and testing of components.
BI Developer/SQL Server Developer
- Designed and developed SSIS package to load data to data warehouse.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions to maintain historical data in Data Warehouse.
- Designed and developed Data Warehouses, Data marts and Business Intelligence using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema.
- Developed complex programs in T-SQL, writing Stored Procedures, Triggers and Queries with best execution plan.
- Extensively utilized SSIS packages functionality to create complete ETL Process using scripts, stored procedure, Functions and Transformation of Data in BIDS.
- Created multiple reports (SSRS) in Drill mode using tables, financial tables, crosses tabs and chart.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Cross-tab, Conditional, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS 2012.
- Design, deployment, and maintenance of various SSRS Reports in SQL Server.
- Designed and implemented Parameterized and cascading parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse and Data Mart Databases.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS- 2012.
- Scheduled the monthly weekly daily reports to run automatically onto the Dashboard.