- 5+ years work experience as a QA professional with excellent all - round exposure to Manual Testing.
- Good exposure to Banking system, Mortgage applications
- Money markets and cross cultural work environment and management processes.
- Worked on Test Director 8.0, Quality Center 9.0,9.2,10.0, to log defects related to testing & QA tasks.
- Familiar with Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and SDLC methodologies.
- Testing team member involved in Test scenario development, test case and test data preparation and test execution, business analysis with deep interaction to clients business, marketing and systems deployment groups covering QA and UAT.
Testing Tools: Win Runner 7.5, and Quick Test Pro, Test Director 8.0 Quality Center 9.0, 9.2 & 10.0
Bug Tracking Tools: Test Director 7.x, 8.x, QC 9.0, PVCS Tracker, Clear Quest
Operating Systems: Windows 98/NT/2000/XP, UNIX
Databases: MS Access, SQLServer
Microsoft Tools: MS Office, MS FrontPage, MS Project
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, MS FrontPage, XML, SoapUI
Languages: C, C++, Java, Asp.net, SQL, Unix,PL/SQL
- Develop test plan as per template provided & sending updates to TRC,that are specific for the telecommunication business channels.
- Responsible for creating simplified test traceability matrix, business analysis and project level administration & coordination with project teams.
- Create testable requirements based on the BRD and FSD documents, which are available.
- Executed Test cases for functional & regression testing.
- Performing Multi-Browser (IE, Firefox & google chrome) web testing.
- Logging of defects and finding a resolution for the same, followed by updates in QC and closing of the defects.
- On the job training in how to do testing in SAP for sales (SAP SD module), that integrates from web frontend, with the concept of t-codes.
- Hands on in test execution and also allocation of tests that are to be executed to offshore team for test execution deliverables.
Environment: Web testing, HTML, .net, Soap, XML, TXT, SAP, QC 9.2,QC 10.0 MS office 2003, 2007, windows xp, Java & JRE, MSPaint & SAP.
QA Analyst/Business Analyst
- Prepared test cases for the system covering SRS document, design document, reviewing them with the developers and finalized the test cases.
- Executed Batch Tests in Win Runner, to run a large group of tests in an unattended manner as per process provided by my QA lead.
- Performed Regression testing of the web based application, developed on HTML & Java.
- The core of the manual testing involved web front end (GUI) based testing and backend testing that involves (windows and unix based file validations - input format as provided in the design document and approved).
- Used PC based scheduled jobs, to execute special applications that trigger URL’s based on preset configured values.
- Used Test Director 8.0 to manage, coordinate and report defects, later migrated tests from specific projects to QC 9.0.
- Interacted actively with the team in identifying bugs and logging them initially in Test Director and later in QC 9.0 (defects area)
- Documented the requirements for bug testing as per the specifications of the end user, and later involved with end users in performing user acceptance testing (UAT). Preparing documentation as needed for end users during actual work and deployment. Perform business analysis and reporting using SQL and MS Access.
- Used existing Unix shell scripts for data extraction to excel and validations.
- Trained on SFETP Testing Process and Test Phase initiation.
Environment: HTML, JSP, IIS Server, Test director 8.0, QC 9.0, Winrunner, HP Unix, MS Excel 2003, Windows 2000, Java & JRE, Coldfusion, TestManager, ClearCase, .NET (Beta), snagit (screen capture).
Confidential, Detroit, MI
QA tester/ Business Analyst.
- Interacted with clients business analysts, software developers and end users to understand functionality and navigational flow of the mortgage application
- Assisted test lead in reviewing business requirements documents, functional requirements documents and technical specifications of the application. This is a 100% client engagement with daily interaction with the project & business..
- Involved in validating software change requests for existing customers and participated in new implementations as a Quality Analyst Tester.
- Involved in the development of System test plan and test scripts using business and system requirement documents
- Performed manual testing for the test cases’ execution using the test lab in Quality Center. Executed over 300 test cases & logged 20 major defects.
- Developed and conducted system and user acceptance test plans on completion of system testing before installation of the application on user environment
- Performed functional testing, GUI testing, regression testing, UAT (test cases development, content validation, defect logging and documentation).
- Utilized Test Director for communication with the production personnel, developers and team members
Environment: VBscript, Test director 8.0, QC 9.0, Quick Test Pro (QTP), MS Excel, SQL Server 2005 and Windows XP, Unix, JD Edwards Windows 2000, COLT and Horizon Calculator (CIBC internal applications) and proprietary software: Mortgage Calc.