- Extensive experience recruiting and building high performance teams both on and off shore as well as working collaboratively on cross functional project teams including managing and coordinating offshore teams.
- Recognized for delivering high quality products, effective problem solving, process improvements and team motivation skills including managing difficult situations.
- I am passionate about driving quality throughout a product development organization as well as encouraging the skills enhancement and professional growth of my teams through mentoring and timely feedback.
- My experience covers SaaS, Client/Server and on prem solutions developed using Agile, Waterfall and hybrid methodologies; as well as managing deliverables from third party vendors and direct interaction with customers.
- Experienced designing and implementing of flexible software test automation infrastructures and defect tracking systems
- Experienced identifying issues, risks and roadblocks and resolving them or developing appropriate mitigation strategies with ability to rapidly adjust to changing demands and priorities
- Experienced in creating test strategy, test plans and test cases
- Experienced in strategic evaluation of tools and vendors and business justification for usage
- Experienced managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent projects; estimating timelines and resource staffing needs; defining and developing QA metrics and usage purposes, improving processes, implementation and enforcement of new processes and ensuring that QA requirements and workload are included in sprint planning
- Experienced analyzing test and defect metrics and producing /presenting concise reports for senior management decision making
- Experience in capturing software requirements from diverse groups, evaluating needs, recommending and implementing solutions
- Managing full range of testing and development of software projects; functionality, specifications, documentation along with a willingness and ability to do hands on testing
- Experienced in managing full range of HR activities for QA team; hiring, setting clear expectations and goals, timely feedback, performance reviews, performance improvement plans, salary planning and terminations.
- Experienced overseeing test plan and test case development as well as their execution and the reporting of execution status
- Experienced in running project review and defect triage meetings; developing and providing end user documentation
- Experienced facilitating communication, collaboration and coordination among geographically dispersed teams
- Departmental budgeting experience and all HR related activities including salaries, performance reviews, hiring and termination
- Team Builder ability to keep teams motivated and promotes career development - several previous direct reports now managers
- Establishing and implementing new policies and procedures to improve quality and decrease test cycle time
- Experience with various operating systems and mobile devices, (Windows variants, Unix, Mac OS, Android, iOS), software test tools, software quality and project management tools, ClearQuest, ClearCase, Quality Center, RTC Jazz), MS Project, Microsoft Office apps, SQL, IIS and other applications.
Senior Software Engineering Manager, QA/Release/Project Manager
- Manage the process implementation, planning and testing of product functionality for Software Accessibility compliance (WCAG) allowing software to be deployed that meets WCAG guidelines
- Increased regression test capability by introducing rapid automation development using Selenium IDE into the manual test team
- Manage, allocate and forecast resource needs for multiple concurrent projects allowing for efficient use of resources
- Improved test metrics reporting and improve test case delivery times to aid in decreasing time to market
- Decreased overall test time by improved test case documentation process, test case coverage and pre-QA deployment testing
- Participate in cross functional and cross geo product planning and design meetings
- Manage both on site and offshore staff and promoted of staff allowing software testing to be performed more effectively and across time zones reducing time to market
- Plan and manage several test environment migrations as part of Kenexa integration into Confidential resulting in streamlined integration into the Confidential infrastructure
- Mentor team members; encourage and promote of staff
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Developed a vision and roadmap for improved organizational improvements and effectiveness by analyzing and documenting the current state of development and testing efforts as well as software quality issues.
- Increased US and offshore team cooperation by moving process meetings to early morning to accommodate offshore needs.
Confidential, Wellesley, MA
SENIOR QA MANAGER
- Managed daily activities of team of 25 Test engineers, 5 QA project managers and 1 environment manager
- Oversaw planning, scheduling, and testing activities for multiple concurrent projects
- Ensured adherence to departmental guidelines, policies and procedures through regular reviews
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Managed testing using both traditional and ‘agile’ methodologies, functioning as member of cross functional project teams.
- Managed the testing new releases of Web based SaaS securities trading core product as well as collaborative third party efforts.
- Managed Production Support QA; responsible for automated regression tests as well as investigating customer issues.
- Manage manual and automated testing efforts; automation was both GUI and API level, (using XML)
- Project managed completion of build out of new QA environment to support multi-tier application.
- Staffed projects utilizing existing staff according to company priorities.
- Managed staff at remote domestic sites as well as offshore for both core QA and Production Support/Maintenance.
- Administered diverse regression test infrastructures with goal of unifying into a single testing and reporting infrastructure.
- Introduced Test Completion reports in order to document what was actually achieved during testing vs. what was planned.
Confidential, North Reading, MA
QA Automation & Infrastructure Manager
- Designed, planned and implemented distributed test harness mechanism to run tests over multiple PCs and distribute results
- Administer totally automated regression test runs for over 40 branches on 140 PCs simultaneously.
- Planned, implemented, managed and evolved new scalable automated test infrastructure, including QA lab.
- Devised ‘random repeatable’ automation strategy to allow randomized testing that was repeatable when required.
- Managed continuous improvement to test harness to reduce test time, eliminate inconsistencies and provide additional capabilities including development of departmental web site for test automation results and other information.
- Selected, designed and managed migration for new defect reporting system, (ClearQuest), later adopted by other divisions.
- Designed & implemented strategy to allow customers to enter and view bugs via web, only division in company to do so.
- Managed planning, design, implementation, and support for corporate defect tracking system, (ClearQuest).
- Managed consolidation of several bug databases into new divisional defect tracking system, including hands on coding, (ClearQuest).
- Member of cross functional team to coordinate integration of new defect tracking system with corporate call tracking system.
- Built new QA automation organization within the division (performed hands on manual testing prior to hiring team)
- Promoted the of the QA staff.
- Built, trained and managed off shore automation and infrastructure team.
- Implemented standards and guidelines for test creation including code reviews and acceptance testing of automated tests.
- Created five week /mentoring program for new hires into department to prepare them for success, only department to have formal program.
- Planned and Managed test tool evaluation project for replacement of Visual Test as primary GUI test tool.
- Performed hands on debugging of automated tests written in Visual Basic, Visual Test and SilkTest.
- Responsible for defect metric tracking and reporting, tracking reported defects through to resolution and verification.