- Professional five years of experience as professional Quality Assurance Analyst in Financial Domain and Banking industries with advanced combination of Manual and Automated testing experience of complex server, web - based and desktop applications.
- Solid experience in fast paced Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and highly focused on delivering projects on time in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Deep knowledge in preparing and writing Test Plan, Test Strategies, Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- Efficient in developing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTMs) to assure all the requirements have been covered in the test scenario and test cases.
- Wrote detailed recreation steps of found defects to ease the job for development team.
- Expertise in handling manual and automated Functional, Integration, Back End and Regression testing, covering Smoke/Sanity, End to End and GUI verification scenarios.
- Comfortable utilizing many Test Management tools including HP QC/ALM and JIRA
- Experienced in working with FIX Protocol messages/tags, creating and executing scenarios on VeriFIX by simulating client side and exchanges, monitoring the FIX logs and using Unix\Linux command line.
- Well-versed in Capital Market and the whole process of Trade Life Cycle of financial instruments including Equities, Fixed Income and Options.
- Excellent knowledge of Fixed income trading on the trading platforms using XML protocol.
- Confident in creating SQL statements for complex specifications to perform Back End validations
- Detail-oriented in handling automated regression tests using automation tool HP QTP/UFT.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner with direct oversight from team members.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills in cooperating with Business Analyst and Developers team and eliminate future occurrences of major defects even before testing process.
Languages and Technology: VB Script, HTML, XML, FIX protocol
Database: MS SQL Server, MySQL
Testing Tools: HP QC / ALM, JIRA, Zephyr, Confluence, Beyond Compare, MS Excel, HP QTP /UFT, VeriFIX, Selenium WebDriver (Java)
Environment: Windows, UNIX/Linux, Mac OSX
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Sr. QA Analyst
- Heavily involved in all stages of Agile/Scrum Software Development Life Cycle on Equity side.
- Extensively work with Order Management System (OMS) to validate the trades throughout the whole Trade Life Cycle, including pre-trade, actual trade and post trade.
- Review and Analyze Complex User Stories, Business Requirement (BRD) and Functional Requirements Documents (FRD) to identify the gaps and create robust End to End test scenarios.
- Involve in building Test Strategies and creating robust but detailed Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on the given requirements and using HP ALM to execute those Test Cases.
- Write efficient and effective test cases and test scripts based upon specification documents and business user interactions as well as create test scenarios based on understanding of systems in order to regression test, end-to-end test, test new functionality and stress conditions (both automated and manual).
- Perform Smoke/Sanity, End to End, Integration, Functional and Regression testing on the new functionalities that has been implemented.
- Actively review Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure that all the requirements have been covered in the scope of testing.
- Cooperate with development team and BA team to resolve raised issues and constantly enhance test scenarios, document and follow up on tasks, issues on JIRA.
- Create backlog items for Automated Regression and assist QA engineer in creating End to End scenarios and Expected results that can be converted to Automation script.
- Execute Automated Regression Scripts with HP UFT and Identify root cause of failed tests, suggest better Automation logic handling for functional regression testing.
- Tested various Blotters including the Order Blotter, Market Blotter, Portfolio Manager and Trade Blotter.
- Participation in production support issues and recreating defects reported by the Client-support team.
- Extensively testing application Fix messages such as acknowledgement, partially filled or full-filled, cancel request and cancel replace request.
- Monitor and Retrieve data from logs using Unix command line and analyze FIX massages, compare them to input or expected data from UI or VeriFIX scenario.
- Utilize VeriFIX FIX Protocol testing tool to send(create) and validate orders for Load, Functional, End to End and Regression testing of Trading systems.
- Create SQL queries such as joins, sub-queries and aggregating functions for Back-End testing to ensure populated data in Front-End is the same as in the Back-End.
- Organize and Participate in walkthrough meetings with Project manager, Business Analyst, Developers and QA team, conduct Knowledge transfer to new members of the team when needed
Confidential, New York, NY
- Followed Agile-Scrum methodology focused on Fixed income trading.
- Created Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on analysis of Business and Specifications requirement documents provided or gathered specifications during the meetings/conference calls.
- Participated in prioritizing Test cases to be Automated and involved in running automated Regression tests.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst and Developers to resolve the software related issues/bugs.
- Utilized HP Quality Center(ALM) for Status Reporting, test case management and execution, as well as for Defect Tracking purposes.
- Performed Smoke, GUI, Functional and Regular Regression on different module of the Execution Management system (Table, reports validation, transaction processing, flagging, fee verification).
- Solid knowledge of Fixed income and experienced in testing Fixed Income Trading Systems.
- Actively tested the GUI of the platform to ensure that application behaves as per requirement.
- Performed End to End testing with valid and invalid data to check the new functionality that has been added.
- Created trades and tested messages for RFQ, determining offers from vendors.
- Retrieving XML logs using Linux Box and comparing XML messages against GUI and Test Data.
- Created and Extensive used SQL queries for Back-End testing for inserting, updating and retrieving the data by verifying based on various conditions on the Specifications.
- Maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure requirements are properly covered by testing.
- Developed weekly status reports to show the progress of testing process of the team.
- Actively participated in daily SCRUM and weekly meeting to discuss new enhancements and modifications requests in the platform.
- Escalated arising risks to the Project Manager and Business Analyst to avoid delays on the project.
Confidential, Melville, NY
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Reviewed requirement specifications attend sprint planning meetings to provide timely and meaningful feedback wherever applicable Composed to HP Quality Center for Testing Life Cycle
- Assisted in deployments to support verifying UI changes and data for new and production releases.
- Used HP Quality Center / ALM to create detailed test script, reports RTM (Requirements Tractability Matrix)
- Customized the scripts using HP QTP (Quick Test Professional) for performing regression testing.
- Performed the following tests: Smoke/Sanity, Functionality, System Configuration, End to End, Backend, and Regression.
- Used JIRA for reporting and assigning the Defects to Development and Project management team.
- Performed problem solving and root cause analysis when defects identified in QA and production environment.
- Collaborated with other stakeholders during the project, created and maintained TAR (Test Analyzing Report)
- Performed database testing by running queries in SQL Server, tested application reports, transaction processing, with various risk management user names.
- Tested Functionality and User Interface of the application to ensure it is according to the requirements.
- Conducted Integration, Functional and Regression testing for the application.
- Performed Smoke/Sanity test to make sure the system is steady enough for further testing.
- Identified and reported defects in HP Quality Center and worked closely with developers to resolve them.
- Worked with Business Analyst and Project Manager to define testing approaches and best practices.
- Attended daily/weekly meetings to discuss project status and new enhancements.