- Senior QA Automation Test Engineer with about 8 years of experience in testing activities like defining test methodologies and strategies, test planning, writing test cases, test execution, bug logging and test status reporting.
- Experience in design, architecture and development of software test automation solutions based on software development/release requirements of web - based and client server applications as an Automation Test Engineer and as a Manual Tester.
- Over these years, I have worked on Various Domains like Tele-communications, Insurance and Health Care sectors. Worked Closely with Dev Team, BA Teams in providing Quality Output.
- Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile and waterfall environments.
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing business requirements and writing detailed test plans, scenarios, test cases, test scripts and test reports for Manual and Automation Testing
- Maintained Selenium & JAVA automation code and resource in source controls SVN, GitHub, over the time for improvements and new features.
- Experience with load/performance tools like JMeter and Load Runner .
- Good experience in OOPs using Core Java and extensively used classes, objects, data structures, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Packages, Collections.
- Experience in finding web elements using locators like ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link Text, Partial Link Text, Attributes, and Tags.
- Expertise in Selenium automation of web applications using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JAVA, TestNG, Maven .
- Proficient in using Appium to develop Automation testing scripts for Mobile and client-server applications . Worked on Appium for App testing (Android/ IOS) . Developed Appium Scripts for Native, The Web and Hybrid Android/IOS Apps using Java.
- Designed, implemented automation frameworks Test-driven development, Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework, Hybrid framework and POM Framework.
- Using Cucumber developed Features, Scenarios, and Step Definitions for Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience in Selenium synchronizations with conditional (Implicit, Explicit) unconditional wait statements.
- Implemented action class in selenium to handle mouse and keyboard actions.
- Configured application framework by processing Excel spreadsheets using Apache POI.
- Experience in UI testing by using Fire bug, Fire Path, running scripts, debugging scripts in a different environment, Extracting Test results, Cross browser testing, and data validation.
- Handled Pop-ups with Selenium using Alert methods and multiple windows in selenium using get window handles method.
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool and Validated request and response SOAP and RESTful Web service calls.
- Experience in executing the test scripts parallel using TestNG.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for Regression and Functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Implemented Page Factory Model in the data-driven framework.
- Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins and triggered the Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs.
- Extensive experience in developing automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, JUnit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber.
- Expertise in using testing frameworks like TestNG and created tests using different annotations like @BeforeSuite, @BeforeMethod.
- Pro cient in handling the SSL Certificate error using desired capabilities in the entire web Browsers.
- Experience in working with Selenium Grid which is a part of the Selenium Suite to specialize on running multiple tests across different browsers, operating systems, and machines in parallel.
- Experience in Parallel Execution of Multiple Tests at a time in different environments.
- Experience in working with logging framework Log4j written in Java to store the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file or databases.
- Experienced in testing Back-End layer by writing SQL queries and generating reports to ensure Data Integrity and validate business rules.
- Expertise in documenting defects with the high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla etc.
- Expertise in types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Black Box Testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Load testing, Performance testing and Functional testing.
- Involved in team activities with developers and project managers during scrum and release cycles. Always played a key role in timely delivery of the product.
- Excellent analytical skills with excellent communications and self-organizing skills, assertive and a committed team player.
Project Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Selenium RC, Selenium IDE, TestNG, JUnit, Log4j, Extent Reports, Cucumber, SoapUI, SOAP, REST, QTP/UTF, Protractor, Karma, Jasmine, Appium, JMeter
Defect Tracking & Defect Management Tools: JIRA, Rally, Version1, ALM, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, Test Direct
Frameworks: Behavior Driven, Test Driven, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Driven, Page Object Model (POM)
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Database tools: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, TOAD
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML
Platform Compatibility: Windows 7/8, UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS
Web Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
MS Office Tools: Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
Version Control tools: SVN and GIT
Spy Tools: Firebug, Fire Path, Xpath
IDE tools: Eclipse IDE, NetBeans
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Sr QA Engineer
- Involved in SDLC Phases- Requirements Analysis, Test Case Development, System Testing, Regression and Conducted End to End and Black box testing .
- Gathered business process requirements to automate and achieve those objectives.
- Actively participated in requirement gathering from end Users , Responsible for writing functional Specifications and design documents .
- Interacted with developers and business Users to communicate the defects and actively participated in replicating the bugs and performed regression testing using JIRA on the process of Agile methodology.
- Created workflow rules, approval process and defined actions like Tasks, Email alerts, outbound message and Field updates.
- Used Firebug, Fire Path to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes, and Tags.
- Created and executed Test Data using SQL and wrote SQL queries for back-end testing.
- Configured Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- Used Maven Performed continuous integration of code and scripts using Jenkins. Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI.
- Designed Hybrid Appium Test Automation framework , Page Object Model for Mobile application (Android/ iOS apps).
- Involved in developing the automation script for Mobile Native applications (iOS, Android) using Appium, Java .
- Tested Mobile Applications using various devices, Emulators , and Simulators (such as XCode, iOS simulator and Eclipse emulator).
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAPUI with REST to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests.
- Used JMeter extensively to create performance test and integrated test to Continuous integration using JMeter-Maven Plugins.
- Implemented TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development), using Cucumber and Java.
- Developed Selenium test cases using JUnit framework .
- Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver .
- Modification and execution of Test Case Scripts (Java-Selenium WebDriver) in Eclipse IDE , the design of automation test framework .
- Integrated Automation scripts ( Selenium WebDriver API ) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for a nightly batch run of the Script.
- Provided best practices and customizations with required to SDLC.
- Performed UI testing , Database testing after reviewing the story cards and database diagram.
- Testing web applications execute cross-browser compatibility testing.
- Involved in Designing & developing data driven framework using Selenium Web Driver , Testing and implemented Java Mail to send the regression result automatically.
- Worked closely with development and project management teams for effective defect management and verify resolved bugs and track enhancements made to the product.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using JIRA.
- Worked with the developers to reproduce the bugs and to resolve usability issues during UAT .
- Created Regression Document to track and report testing activities during each phase of testing, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, logged defects and their status, performance baselines.
Environment: Web Driver, BDD, Maven, SOAP, Cucumber, Eclipse, SQL, Java, JIRA, UAT, Junit, TestNG, JMeter, Firebug, XPath and Jenkins.
- Participated in Kick off meetings and Walk through meetings with Development, Business and another QA Team.
- Involved in Test Planning, writing Test Scenarios and various other quality-tracking reports.
- Used Team Foundation Server for creating test cases, tracking defects.
- Used Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse IDE, Maven, SVN, Jenkins to create automation regression suite.
- Created functional testing automation scripts for all the modules in Selenium WebDriver using Java and TestNG framework.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Data driven and Modular.
- Involved in testing Web Services using SOAP and REST. Installed, configured SOAP UI to test web services using WSDL/WADL files.
- Validating XML/JSON requests and responses in SOAP Messages.
- Knowledge of SQL (MS SQL Server) for database verification checks and validations.
- Executing the Regression scripts and sending Test Summary Reports to client on daily basis.
- Writing and maintaining bugs and test cases in JIRA.
- Involved in defect review meeting, Tracking &, Maintaining Defects and testing the fixes.
- Well-versed with Agile-Scrum methodologies and involved in creating daily burn down charts.
Environment: MS SQL Server, Windows, Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Maven, SVN, Jenkins, Eclipse, JIRA, SoapUI Pro, XML, JSON.
Software Test Engineering Associate
- Gathered requirements and application information from Business Analyst and developed Test Scenarios &test cases.
- Conducted Test Scenario walkthrough with Onsite/Offshore development team and with Business.
- Tested the application manually prior to the automation
- Prepared the Test data for testing and establish traceability matrix to requirements.
- Tested SOAP web services through developing automated test scripts.
- Maintained and integrated manual Regression test cases to Quick Test Professional using requirements those were gathered from Quality Center’s Requirements module.
- Involved in improving testing efficiency by preparing and executing Batch tests using
- Performed Functional testing using Quick Test Pro extensively used Checkpoints for object, text, table and pages.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Responsible for Functional, Regression testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Interacted with developers to report software bugs and re-tested the fixed issues.
- Collaboration with development and other QA on test execution.
- Coordinated with higher-level management daily regarding status on the execution of Test Cases (How many Test Cases failed/pass, status of the site).
- Developed synchronization points to solve anticipated timing problems between the test and the application.
- Coordinated with Program Managers in chartering project metrics and workflows, test plan and strategies for software
- Conducted weekly status update meetings with Project manager to discuss the status of Projects and involved Implementation plan for production
Software Testing Engineer
- Prepared and updated Manual and Automation test cases.
- Involved in writing, reviewing and executing functional test cases
- Converted Manual Test cases to Automation scripts.
- Handled the Team and assigning the Task for both Manual and Automation.
- Identified the test cases needs to be automated
- Prepared Functionality Matrix for assigning task during Regression.
- Participated in Core Team. Get updates on Business standards and update the Product Quality for every week.
Software Testing Analyst
- Interacting with Business Analyst to understand Business needs
- Participant in Daily Stand-ups, Spring meeting, analyze the changes in new build and update it accordingly
- Used to assign tickets assigned and get updates from the team end of the day
- Make testing team to understand the requirement, Co-ordination & support them.
- Bug fixing, live issues, Reproducing the Bug.
- Send Weekly status report and send Deployment mail by updating the Release notes.
- Participating in the deployment process and once it is done used to give demo to the Business Analyst
Software Testing Intern
- Reviewed the test cases
- Involved in writing functional test cases
- Involved in executing the test cases
- Conducted smoke testing for the new build
- Identified the Defects & tracked the defects in Mantis.
- Interacted with development team for issue clarifications
Environment: ORACLE, MS Excel, MS Power Point, IE, FireFox.