Results - driven professional seeking a full-time position as a Business Systems Analyst for an organization that offers a challenging and stimulating work environment as well as career advancement opportunities.
- Possess years of Information Technology and Business Analysis experience in Accounting Field.
- OMB Circular 123 experience.
- A self-motivated, responsible and reliable team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong in solving problems of diverse scope where in-depth research, evaluation and technical analysis is required.
- Results-driven professional with skills in team-building and problem-solving with an established reputation for effectively working with diverse groups of people and adaptability to changing environments.
- Experience setting up and managing database security by creating and restricting user roles, profiles, and provide required user privileges in development, test, training and production environments
Windows O/S skills (MS Office Suite, including Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, MS Networking). SQL Plus, Unix / Linux systems.
Confidential, Andrews AFB, MDQA Tester
- Utilize Agile methodology for streamlining project activities from inception to launching.
- Facilitate the Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with project stakeholders in order to effectively capture the Air Force business rules, processes and system requirements for the system.
- Lead the efforts to effectively communicate and collaborate with external and internal users to analyze their informational needs and functional requirements and provide the needed artifacts (Functional Requirements Document, Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Process Flow diagrams, GUI Interface designs (Mock-up screens).
- Solely responsible for eliciting requirements using interviews, site visit walk-throughs, JAD sessions, surveys, business process flow diagrams and use cases.
- Critically analyze and evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicting information, and abstract up from low level information to a general understanding to arrive at users’ underlying true needs.
- Break down high level information into detailed usable data that will be used in creating users required functionalities.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and clarify Functional and Non-Functional requirements on a daily basis.
- Serve as SME for the Software Change Request (SCR) process in order to effectively manage all change requests to the application.
- Utilize MS Visio to create various flow charts, use case and sequence diagrams to provide detail outline of the various actors of the system and how the various components of the system interacted.
- Collaborate with developers and SMEs to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs of the system.
- Assist in developing test plans, test cases and perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
Financial Accountant/Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered and documented the architectural plans for migrating the Participating Plan Payment Processing System (PPS) from a legacy platform (Access and DB2 databases) to an Oracle-based platform.
- Developed and documented business requirements, technical requirements, test plans, and test cases for the Participating Plan Payment Processing (PPP) systems.
- Facilitated the solution selection in the decision making process and provided the necessary information to enable the business to make an informed decision.
- Participated in testing the current systems to benchmark against newer redesigned systems.
- Facilitated interviews with end users to capture user requirements, business procedures, and identify system requirements.
- Collaborated with developers and DBAs to correctly translate user requirements into functioning codes.
- Independently interacted regularly with clients of varying levels to gather and analyze the business requirements and interpret business needs.
- Made presentations to client(s) of different levels to present alternative path to business solutions.
- Provided regular updates to the customer to communicate project status, issues, and proactively arranged sessions with the customers to test working product and fix design issues.
- Presented SCRs to the CAB for review and approval, and relayed outcome of CAB review to the client.
- Lead and coordinated the planning, design, implementation, development of functional specifications and testing of new or upgraded accounting packages purchased externally or developed internally. Assisted in the evaluation and recommendation of accounting software applications (i.e., Oracle Financials).
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
- Collaborated with developers and program managers on software projects.
- Created and maintained system level test plans, cases, and scenarios/scripts.
- Developed plans and procedures to execute the test cases and reviewed test documentation with the team.
- Performed testing, executed manual test cases and scripts for products under development using SQL, test management and tracking tools.
- Ensured that data is extracted correctly, delivered to its destination, and correctly uploaded.
- Identified, analyzed, and documented defects or other anomalies discovered in the data.
- Developed scalable and reusable processes and automation frameworks for analyzing data and delivering ongoing quality metrics (leveraging SQL, UNIX, and other tools).
- Logged and reported bugs encountered in testing, and validated bug fixes.
- Provided ongoing support to the Project Management team as needed.
Confidential, Sparks, MD
Client Resource Specialist
- Coordinated the daily processes between clients, customer service, external vendors and other support departments.
- Acted as liaison between clients and service vendors to resolve problems by utilizing policies and procedures specific to each client.
- Received, investigated and resolved difficult or unusual problems delaying transaction processing within service levels.
- Facilitated direct client contact to resolve issues preventing the completion of a fleet administration related task
- Instructed and influenced the client on correct fleet administration procedures thereby facilitating 100% flawless service delivery
- Worked with the Supervisor, Quality Coordinator and Business Analyst to establish best practices and coach clients to utilize them.
- Provided daily administration and coordination of the organization's fleet of vehicles for our clients by maintaining accurate records of the vehicles, ensuring compliance with government rules and regulations and filing appropriate paperwork in support of this compliance as needed.
- Scheduled repairs or preventative maintenance through the Vehicle Maintenance department, ensuring that the client always receive the expected excellent level of service.
- Recommended new practices and systems for the more efficient management of fleet vehicles.