- Write test suites to automate testing, commit to repository
- Feature and software performance testing
- Reading PRDs, FSs, Specs, writing test plans.
- Write wiki procedures and trainings to share knowledge and get everybody productive and self - efficient
- LAB setup including patching and connecting test devices, including switches and routers, configuration and troubleshooting wireshark/tshark, InfinitStream sniffer, snoop & other Unix flavors
VoIP Test Tools: ExFo, Spectra for SIP, SIP-I and ISUP, Cisco Callgen, other TCL based Scripts
Performance and monitoring tools: cacti (setup, configuration). IMS function testing P-CSCF, I-CSCF & I-CSCF functions independently and bundled on same
Hardware used: Cisco gateways, switches and routers, Sonus PSX, GSX, Genband SBCs, Oracle/ACME Packet 4500, 6300, and more.
Testing: VoIP protocols inter-working such as SIP from-to SIP-I, SIP-GTD and H323. SS7 to IP (SIP, SIP-I, etc.). Others TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, FTP, (CCNP certified - expired), etc.
TDM related protocols: SS7, ISDN, CAS. /IP MGCP and H248 and VoIP related such as, Radius and Diameter
Scripting languages: Shell, TCL and Python. Other Programming languages C, C++ and Java during undergrad & graduate studies projects
Database: MySQL (install, create Relational DB applying Normal forms, and SQL)
Operating Systems: RedHat, Solaris, Ubuntu, Debian, lately VM ESXi (host setup and VM machine install and config), Windows and Mac OS X.
- Reading of CRD files, FS and specs to build test plans related to new features or defects
- Meet with the Dev and QA teams and Managers to discussing the tests covered in the test plans
- Manual testing and automation of test suite using an in-house tool based on TCL.
- Opening of bugs/defects using Jira
- Push automated test suite to the regression testing
- Provide training to the team in areas of my expertise
- Writing of additional tools that automate redundant and time consuming daily tasks
- Writing documentation and provide training and assistance to team members
- Certifying newly introduced hardware for support I-CSCF & Confidential -CSCF functions combined
- Load testing using Exfo to simulate both side of endpoints, AS and HSS
- Lab setup, adding and configuring new SD devices, Extreme and Cisco switches. Building VM servers using ESXi, to load and test our CSM images.
- Protocols: IP, SIP, Diameter and Radius, DNS, etc.
Senior VoIP Engineer
- HD Voice Implementation, I was part of:
- * Vendor equipment evaluation (Design and functional requirement, test plan, lab building, testing, bug reporting, EFT and production deployment).
- * Wiki documentation building, training of provisioning & support groups
- SIP Core Network Involvement
- * Identical participation as above HD project
- Day to day Support escalations, troubleshooting Issues related to VoIP, Fax etc.
- Develop prepaid IVR applications TCL and VXML based, running on Cisco C54XX, C3745. C7300 and C5350 voice TDM and IP2IP gateways.
- Support and troubleshooting of all sorts of VoIP (H323, SIP & MGCP) related issues, that involve all the interacting devices, switches, routers, gateways, Cisco 3745 and Nextone soft switches, gatekeepers, Radius and prepaid applications and lately MGX8880 along with PGW soft switch in call - control mode.
- Research and design, next-generation IP call card solutions, to support the growth of the business, nationally and internationally
Network Support Engineer
- Support domestic and international routers, lines, switches and IP related hardware.
- Maintain and diagnose voice enabled QoS IP networks
- Assist with domestic and international POP installations. Provide level 2 support of the Network Operations Center.
- Support Windows NT and/or Unix server based systems for TACAS, RADIUS, mediation and billing.
- Analyze and diagnose VPN and network obstacles. Work closely with protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP, UDP, TCP/IP, RTP, SMTP, and RMON.
- Write TCL, Expect and Perl scripts to scan Cisco devices for various types of alarm reports not reported by monitoring systems
- Tutored and graded 4th year computer Science students in “Computer Networks” and “Computer Architecture” courses.
- Tested the existing software for Y2k compliance.
- Used Shell scripting on Unix platform
- Developed main commercial application that followed up on customers orders, from package evaluation to reporting the gross income of the company.
- Software and hardware installation, used Clipper and Dbase on MS Windows 3.1
- Developed and maintained work accidents software application, and maintained existing accounting, maritime and aviation applications.
- Updated programs according to law changes and users’ needs on DPS700 platform, CGOS7 OS, using COBOL language