- Over 7+ years of experience in Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Web based applications and good experience on Core Java, OOPS concepts.
- Extensive working experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), its methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall Model.
- Proficient in the field of Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Expertise in debugging issues occurred in front end part of web - based application which is developed using HTML5, CSS3 and Java.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration. well versed with various testing stages/levels/phases, testing types, testing techniques and quality work products.
- Experience in the development of Data driven, Keyword driven and Hybrid Automation frameworks in Selenium.
- Good working experience on SOAP UI for testing and validating various web services used in the application.
- Extensive experience in reviewing and analyzing Business Requirements and creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Estimation & Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Professional expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black-Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Cross Browser/ Cross Platform Testing, UI Validation, WebServices, Boundary Value Testing.
- Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concept.Extensively used Java.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Expert using open source bug tracking tool JIRA, Quality Center, BugZilla& IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Ability to adapt to new environment quickly, strong team player, good communication, good analytical and computation skills, enthusiastic learner, confident, sincere and committed.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/WebDriver/GRID, Jbehave, Cucumber, Appium
Languages: JAVA, SQL
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, CSS
IDE: Eclipse, SQL Developer
Test Framework: TestNG, Data Driven Framework
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Firebug
Build Tool: Ant, Maven
Agile: Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC), BugZilla& IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC)
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Version Control: SVN, GIT
Data Bases: MS Access, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista & 7, 8) Linux, Mac
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics & implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Participated in Agile software testing process with regular QA meetings to discuss major features of the application, test cases to write and execute.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium Webdriver (using Java).
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and Web Driver.
- Created Data Driven Framework to test with different sets of test data.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Junit.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Performed different testing task using various test scripts on Selenium Web Driver and Junit.
- Used Firebug to identify web elements using XPath and CSS selectors.
- Executed SOAP based web services API testing (Java client and SOAPUI).
- Worked on creating test case for Object -driven framework for Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Used XML files in Sending/receiving XML requests using SOAPUI.
- Involved manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generate analysis report with Quality Center.
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, SOAP UI, Web Services, SOAP, TestNG, Firebug, FirePath, Quality Center, Microsoft Excel, SQL Server, MAVEN, JAVA, JUnit, J2EE
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
QA Automation Engineer (Selenium)
- Gathered requirements documents such as business requirements and design document and other related documents.
- Reviefwed the Test Basis, designed and documented Test Strategies, Test Plan, Test Cases and executed test cases.
- Responsible for writing and maintain Selenium WebDriver scripts for regression and functional testing using data driven framework.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms
- Responsible for identifying test cases for manual and Automation with Selenium WebDriver for Smoke Test, Functional and Regression Tests.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Involved on Cucumber testing and defined the test scenarios and created the test cases in Test Manager.
- Involved in designing of automation framework to be used in UI testing with Selenium.
- Execute browser compatibility and regression tests using Selenium WebDriver for testing UI for every new build release.
- Performed functional tests using Selenium WebDriver with data driven framework and documented final results in a database. used the Firebug to inspect the XPath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Identified, Reported and Tracked Defects using Quality Center test management tool.
- Manually tested, verified and validated that the product meets user requirements.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Performed SOA / web services testing using SOAP UI; wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Performed End-to-End testing of database to check data integrity using SQL queries.
- Assisted QA lead in documenting User Acceptance Test report and reporting defect resolution.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Jenkins, Cucumber, Agile, SQL, Maven, Appium, HTML, SOAP UI, XPath, Firebug, Eclipse, GitHub, Windows 7.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Involved in developing test plan, test strategies, test scenarios, test scripts and test steps based on Business and System Use Cases.
- Actively participated in scrum meetings and reviews.
- Performed Functional tests using Selenium WebDriver with data driven framework.
- Executed Selenium tests for automation testing of the web application using Selenium Web Driver.
- Followed Test Driven Development (TDD) as much as possible and written test cases using TestNG for every relevant class.
- Wrote highly efficient and maintainable Java code to develop Page Objects using the Selenium Framework.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API’s, wrote TestNG test cases, executed code coverage, wrote automation scripts using Selenium, executed database queries for testing purposes and led different projects in the shipping and checkout domain.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Developed test harness for WebServices automated testing by means of SOAP UI .
- Involved in testing with RESTful/SOAP Web Services.Created entire architecture for backend testing internal and third party API using Test Complete and SOAP UI.
- Performed functional testing of Web services testing using SOAP UI.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Regression and Integration testing.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL queries to check the data table on server.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Analyzed business requirements, documented business requirements specifications, wrote Test Plans, Test Cases.
- Worked with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Worked under waterfall methodology.
- Executed Manual and Automated tests and reports defects by running automated tests; executing manual tests; reviewing results of all tests and reporting anomalies into the defect tracking database; verifying the resolution of all defects for an assigned project.
- Prepared required documentation for testing signoff by various parties as required by the project plans.
- Assigned, Monitored and Tracked Tasks of Team Members.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects in Mercury Quality Center.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage in the Quality Center.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Performed back end testing on oracle database by writing SQL quarries.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Interacted closely with developers regarding defects, participated in tracking, reviewing and analyzing bugs.
- Worked extensively with business users to define scope and prepared ‘Documents of Understanding’ for various change requests by analyzing the feedback from user groups.
Environment: Java, Manual Tester, HTML, Java Script, Oracle, VSS, UNIX.