A top - performing Quality Assurance Analyst with over 20 years of work experience in various fields both in India and the United States. Highly skilled in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC.) with over 5 years of experience in the QA field. Familiar with Waterfall and Agile methodologies with experience in developing Test Plan, Test Cases and RTM. Consistently develops test plans, and execute test cases in order to identify and improve issues.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- QA Testing
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Strategic Planning/Analysis
- Regulation Compliance
- Team Leadership
- Client Relations
- Testing Procedures
- Quality Center, QTP, LoadRunner, Toad, SoapUI
- Oracle, MS SQL
- SQL, VB
- Microsoft Office Suite
Confidential, Billerica, MA
E-File Digital Quality Assurance Analyst
- Interpret and test for the compliance of electronic filing specification guidelines for software applications.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive test plans following the DOR guidelines/criteria set to validate the quality, accuracy and usability of HRB Tax System programs for electronic filing , execute quality test cases and provide complete and efficient test coverage on assigned software modules and return timely test results.
- Research problems to identify test, system, and related issues, confirm and document software errors, tax theory, process issues, and suggested enhancements.
Confidential, Lowell, MA
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Responsible for testing new and existing functionality in software or hardware products currently being developed to ensure a high level of quality, and thoroughly understand the function of the product or product area from the customer perspective.
- Ensured that the software/hardware functions as specified in the design documents.
- Wrote test plans and test cases in compliance with relevant organizational and industry standards.
- Created clearly documented defect reports that enabled a developer or technician to recreate along with suitable workarounds.
- Acted as a customer advocate when investigating defects found in production, championed customer requirements throughout the development process via the ability to function in the role of the customer, seeing problems through their eyes and provided thorough review of product documentation to ensure it met their needs; acted as liaison with technical support to gather customer feedback and ensure/add to closing the loop with resolutions.
- Maintained and updated test documentation, user guides, release notes and help notes to ensure accuracy of applications and related documentation; executed end-to-end functional tests and utilized automated tests developed by others to exercise system.
- Gathered information, analysis and recommendations to support the product and created work plans for deliverables.