- Over 8 years of IT experience in Quality Assurance with Manual and Automation testing AND SDET/Automation, Manual & Automated Testing of Client/Server and WEB based applications.
- Hands on Experience in Test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/Grid, Appium to develop automation testing scripts for Web - based and Mobile applications.
- Strong hands on experience in Embedded SoC Bring ups,Reference Platform, Mobile/Tablet and IOT.
- Developed Appium Scripts for Native Android/ IOS Apps and Mobile Web apps using Java.
- Experience in RESTful web services Testing using Rest Assured framework.
- Expertise in executing VuGen scripts in Load Runner for Performance, Load and Stress Testing using Controller in Load Runner/ Performance Center and generated reports using the Analysis tool in LoadRunner.
- Developed an automated scripts and frame works using Python, Java, C#, VB Script.
- Experience working with Single Page Application using Angular Java Script.
- Proficient in performing GUI Testing, Functional, end to end Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Back-end Testing, Smoke Testing, Browser compatibility Testing and User Acceptance Testing using Manual & Automated testing tools.
- Experience in creating Data Driven automation frameworks using Page Object Model, Cucumber (BDD), TestNG (TDD) and Junit.
- Expertise in Protractor Automation testing for both Angular and Non-Angular pages.
- Experience in creating developing Appium framework for both Android and IOS applications.
- Extensive knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) along with hands on experience testing web services such as SOAP, REST using tool SOAP UI.
- Hands on experience in writing SQL queries to perform backend testing to verify Data Accuracy.
- Extensive experience in analyzing, reviewing and understanding of Business/Functional & Testing requirements and writing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Scripting, creating Test Scenarios, analyzing results and preparing result summary report.
- Extensive experience in Defect Reporting and Defect tracking process using HP ALM Quality Center 12.5 (QC), JIRA and Rational Clear Quest.
- Good amount of knowledge in mobile testing using Appium with C# and also with Protractor, Jasmine which is used for testing AngularJS application.
- Experienced in creating Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver using Java as OOPs programming.
- Hands on experience with Performance Testing of Web Services, Web Application, using Load Runner.Good Knowledge of scripting language like Beanshell scripting, Shell scripting.
- Extensively worked on creating feature files and gherkin scenarios using Cucumber framework.
- I worked on Guidewire Claim Center end to end Implementation and Guidewire PolicyCenter.
- Experience in using both Page Object and Page Factory models with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced in using Selenium Grid to run automation tests on different machines against different browser in parallel.Implemented Jasmine as a testing framework for Protractor.
- Experience in developing Groovy scripts to customize functionalities for test steps.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub& Maven.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall model.
- Used HP Application Life Cycle Management (HP ALM)for maintaining the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution, Defect management, Bug Reporting, and familiarity with other features of Almand Administration.
- Experienced in developing automated Test Scripts using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT/QTP) and automated various Business Flows for E-Commerce activities.
Test Reporting/Bug Tracking tools: HP Quality Center, Jira, Rational ClearQuest, Confluence
Automation tool: Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Protractor, Rest Assured
Continuous Integration Tool: Jenkins, TeamCity, Hudson,LoadRunner,JMeter
Test Framework: TestNG, Junit, NUnit, Cucumber (BDD), Data Driven Framework
Web Debugging tool: Firepath, Firebug, UI Automator, Appium Inspector
Build Tool: Ant, Maven and Jenkins
Version Control System: SVN, GitHub
IDE: Eclipse, Intellij, Visual Studio
Operating System: Windows, Linux, Mac
Confidential -Houston, TX
Performance Tester Engineer
- Involved in manual and automation GUI, Functional, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing phases.Created and executed JMeter scripts for performance testing of portal.
- Hands on experience in Agile Scrum Methodology, involved in the full lifecycle of the project, attended daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, and Sprint Review Meetings, update the test data as per the frequently changing requirement.Develop scenario based testing for the JMeter scripts.
- Developed Page Object Model Cucumber (BDD) framework in Eclipse using JAVA and automated them using Selenium WebDriver.
- Worked with infrastructure team to add a virtual network interface to the VM hosts for assigning IP address in a subnet to implement IP Spoofing in Load Runner.
- Tested Angular 2 Application with Jasmine testing framework and Protractor. Used TypeScript for automation.
- Used C# as a programming language and Visual Studios as IDE for automating the Test Suite with Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Python for dynamically generating property list for every application. Automated data movements using python scripts. Creating core python API which will be using among all modules.
- Developing Appium Scripts for Native Android/IOS applications and Mobile browser applications using Java.Create, schedule and run the scenarios using JMeter and generate necessary graphs.
- Used different types of virtual devices Emulator (Android virtual device built in Android Studio for android) and Simulator (Xcode for IOS) and real devices for Testcases validation.
- Identified Objects of App using UI Automator tool for Android and Appium Inspector for IPhone.
- Performed Mobile Cloud Testing with Appium on SeeTestCloud and Sauce labs Account.
- Created automated script for REST API testing using Rest Assured framework.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework and sending the automation reports over mail.Build visualization and Dashboards using kibana.
- Provided support in the performance testing using JMeter task includes developing test plan, test script and reports.
- Taking an active role in structuring our single page applications to make them easy to maintain and to ensure they are highly modularized.
- Extensively worked on JMeter to create Thread Groups and test Web Application for various loads on key business scenarios.Setup testing environment and maintain framework using Python.
- Performance testing of Web applications, Web Services (SOA) and Siebel using HP Load Runner.
- Implemented Cross browser testing using Selenium API for Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE.
- Created dynamic/customized Xpaths to locate elements uniquely.
- Extensively worked on creating feature files and gherkin scenario/scenario outline using Cucumber framework. Developed Appium framework using SeeTest for both Android and IOS applications.
- Prepared the test scripts using VUGEN of Load runner and made necessary enhancements to the scripts to suit the real-world scenarios by doing parameterization and correlation.
- Tested various major functionalities like Policy Submissions, Changes, Cancels, Reinstate, Rewrites and Renewals in Guidewire Policy center.
- Developed step definition files using Selenium, Java and different annotations to execute and run the feature files.
- Created Test Runner class using Junit to run feature file and to generate reports.
- Used Cucumber Tags in feature file for regression, smoke, sanity and end to end test execution.
- Performed Data driven testing using Data tables, Maps in Cucumber framework.
- Used JQuery, ASP.NET AJAX toolkit controls and CSS to enhance the performance and richness to the user interface.
- Created test execution status reports using Cucumber Extent report plug-in.
- Implemented Selenium Grid and executed tests on Virtual machine in parallel that helped reduce the execution times significantly.
- Used Jenkins Continuous Integration tool for automatic build process and running regression tests.
- Peer reviewed automated test scripts, and ensured product performance of embedded software components.
- Identified bugs, logged them into QC, monitored their progress and verified their fix.
- Tested critical bug fixes including critical fixes and coordinated with developers in release of bug fixes meeting in tight timelines.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to show the test coverage requirement vs. Test scripts.
- Discussed with Business analyst and developers while developing an integrated Test Plan covering the main functions of the designated parts of the application.
- Responsible for identifying test cases for Manual and Automation with Selenium WebDriver for Smoke Test, Functional and Regression Tests.
- Converted Business requirements and System requirement documentation into test design products: Test Scenarios, Automation Test Scripts.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Developers in requirement analysis, design document analysis and for bug reviews in agile environment.Actively participated in SCRUM meetings and reviews.
- Working with the Kibana dashboard for the overall build status with drill down features.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Protractor, Maven, Jenkins, JMeter, GuidewireSystems, Python, HP ALM 12.5, Java, AngularJS, Embedded,Load Runner, HTML, Bootstrap, SQL Server 2008, SOAPUI, GITHUB, Windows 7
Confidential -Los Angeles, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in Daily Meetings and Walkthrough with various teams as required for better understanding the business requirement, software specification, and development process flow at various stages.
- Developed, executed and implemented test plans, test cases and test scripts for applications built upon a .NET application platform.Used regular expression for dynamic values in Jmeter.
- Develop detailed test strategy, test approach, project plans and schedules, including goals, risks, and resource allocation.Wrote scripts in Python for extracting data from HTML file.
- Designed and developed Test Scenario, Manual test cases, and Test Steps for various Business methods covering both positive and negative testing requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing on Web-Based applications and used HP ALM for test management tool.
- Used HP ALM for creating and documenting Test Plans and Test Cases and register the expected results. Created JMeter Test Cases to measure performance and functionality of web services.
- Execution of automated test scripts using JMeter based on business/functional specifications
- Used HP Load Runner: Vugen, Controller and Analysis for Portal/Web applications, Web Services (SOA), Siebel and XML. wrote grunt tasks to set up selenium grid connection on AWS deploy test environments, connect to Oracle dbserver,read excel/json files, load retrieve shared data from and execute cucumber and protractor tests
- Creating test scripts using C# and Selenium Web Driver for the functional test cases.
- Utilized ALM Defect Section for the track, report and manage defects throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during the testing cycle.
- Attended weekly Project Status Meeting with Development team and QA Manager, and worked closely with QA Manager to define Test Scope and constraints.
- Performed backend testing to validate the data using Oracle SQL Developer and added SQL queries to the required Test cases.Communicated actively with 508 testing team.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using SQL *Plus to validate backend functionality of the application.
- Isolated test cases for manual and automated testing, also established regression test suite, both manual and automation to assure the stability of SUT.
- Analyzed different metrics using Analyzer of load runner and generated necessary graphs as per the client requirements.Created Dashboard’s and Monitored Data in Kibana
- Developed automation test plan and identified the test cases to automate as an automated regression test suite using HP Unified Functional Testing (HP UFT).
- Implemented Data Driven automation framework and enhanced test scripts for better reusability and repeatability using MS Excel and XML based input test data.
- Parameterized test scripts to support multiple sets of test data to extend testing coverage.
- Created Shared Objects Repository and incorporated with scripts to reduce scripts maintenance time.Performance test development for 'Continuous Benchmarking' using JMeter and Jenkins.
- Created reusable functions, sub-routines using VBScript and store into function library to support code reusability. Used Kibana plugin to visualize for elasticsearch.
- Developed automated scripts using descriptive programming method by capturing object properties and values using object spy.
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts using Python/Selenium to test Web based user interfaces for different types of browsers.
- Executed and maintained automated test suites and provided test results to the testing team and project management.
- Implemented quality assurance objectives and processes, monitor and evaluate testing results against the predetermined objectives, and apply recommended actions for improvements.
- Communicated with Application Developers, Project Manager and other Team Members on Application testing status.
Environment: Java/J2EE, VBScript, ALM, HP Quality Center, JMeter, GuidewireSystems, Python, Protractor, Load Runner, Unified Functional Testing, Oracle EBS- Oracle 11g, SQL Server 08, SQL, PL/SQL, IIS and Windows Server 2008.
Confidential - Hartford, CT
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed System Design Documents and involved in the review discussions of Business Requirements.
- Reviewed the Use Cases in Use Case document and converting into test scenarios and test cases test scripts.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix of Use Case coverage with Test Cases
- Involved in categorizing of environment specific Test data.
- Worked as a manual tester to create test scenarios, test plan, test cases of system design documents.
- Involved in generating Test cases for the existing system to new system for different Levels of Business.
- Prepared test scripts using VUGEN of Load runner and enhanced the script by doing Parameterization and Correlation.
- Used JMeter during performance testing of the Oracle ERP application for the DAI project. collected response from target server and other statistics which show the performance of the application or server via graphs or tables.
- Responsible for reviewing the development standards, testing standards, and processes.
- Performed Positive and negative testing, Black Box, and End User Testing.
- Involved in performing Functional, Application, Integration, System and regression tests.
- Improved control of testing tools and increased the Regression Functionality coverage.
- Performed smoke, usability, functionality, GUI, browser compatibility and regression tests.
- Extensively used SQL *plus and Oracle SQL Developer tools to access and manipulate Oracle 11G database and validated back-end testing.
- Written SQL Queries to fetch data from a single table and as well as multiple tables using JOIN statement.
- Extensively worked on Performance testing of SOAP and REST services using HP Load runner and SOAP UI.
- Configured the connection between MS Excel and HP ALM.
- Isolated test cases for manual and automated testing, and established a regression test suite, both manual and automation, to assure the stability of AUT.
- Involved in development of Automation Testing strategies and Test Process; developed automation testing requirements, prepared test scripts, running tests, collecting test results metrics.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing using HP UFT.
- Extensively involved in writing, executing and enhancing scripts using various checkpoints.
- Created Data Driven Framework to reduce automated scripts maintenance time.
- Created external excel file for storing input test data for better scripts optimization and reduce script maintenance time.
- Participated in bug review meetings and daily stand-ups to provide QA estimates.
- Worked closely with team members and proactively communicated issues to the developer, which reduced turnaround time in fixing issues.
- Participated in regular QA Team meetings to discuss testing process and resolve issues.
- Interacted closely with developers, environment people, team manager, Technical lead and team members for feature issues and discussion.
- Acted as an end user, business users and project team to resolve issues.
Environment: Java, VBScript, ALM, HP UFT, Oracle 11g, MS SQL Server 2008, SQL, Oracle SQL Developer, Windows Server 2008, and IIS.
Confidential - Plantation, FL
Test Automation Engineer
- Automated functional, GUI and Regression testing by creating scripts in QTP 10.0.
- Design, implement and maintain the QA Automation Hybrid framework using QTP and developed VB scripts in QTP.
- Utilized Excel to maintain test cases and test scripts.
- Created Automations Test Scripts in QTP for GUI, Functionality, Navigation and Data Validation
- Performed Black Box & White Box testing of various modules.
- Involved in extensive Data Validation using SQL queries.
- Involved in developing the automation framework from the scratch.
- Developed, modified and debugged scripts in Automation frame work using QTP for future release
- Provided Efforts estimate and coordinated the test schedule using Agile testing methodology
- Prepared Quality assurance metrics, defect reports and reviewed with the QA team.
- Involved in preparing Requirement Traceable Matrix (RTM)and Test Sets in Quality Center.
- Participated in HLS/Test Plan walkthroughs for test case approval with Business Analyst Manager and Development Lead
- Performed the White box and Black Box testing.
- Used Team Foundation Server for the project management (scrum) and bug tracking.
- Involved in debugging the test issues.
- Writing Functions and Sub procedures in Business Components and used them wherever needed.
- Involved in testing websites and interfaces.
- Reviewed Business Requirements with Business Analysts and Developers.
- Developed VBA scripts using Macros to verify data in the EXCEL sheet.
- Using TOAD tool, prepared SQL queries and verified the data in the oracle database
- Involved in preparing Requirement Traceable Matrix (RTM) and Test Sets in HP Quality Center 9.2.
- Used for recording defects and reported them back to developer.
- Strong hands-on experience in maintaining and using IBMRational Clear Quest for Defect reporting, tracking & Change Management.
- Expertise in advanced descriptive programming in QTP using VBScript. Used Recovery Scenario Wizard.
- Executed smoke Testing to test the main features of the application as and when required.
- Define a number of test cases using quality data end-to-end business processes during the UAT and validated the system set up for transactions and user access in UAT.
- Participated in walkthrough’s and technical Reviews all through the testing phase.
Environment: Quality Center 9.2, QTP10.0, Toad, Excel, Rational Clear Quest, .Net
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts for Regression testing using QTP, including parameterizing QTP Scripts.
- Execution of smoke tests on each build using QTP and reporting the results to management
- Performed integration testing & data validations using QTP for various interfaces.
- Developed utility scripts in QTP to export data from different database tables to Excel.
- Developed workarounds for many of QTP challenges by writing VB Script functions.
- Executing test cases, ad-hoc product testing, reporting bugs and reporting tester status, writing test scripts, test automation using diverse testing tools like QTP, Win-Runner and Load-Runner.
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using Java that leverage black and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Developed SQL queries to query the database find out correct data for testing and to test the backend process of the application.
- Involved in creating Test Case Scenarios, Test Case Execution and maintaining defects using JIRA Tool.
- Created automated test suites that successfully tested ETL/data migration endeavors
- Worked with the Web programming language HTML5, CSS3, XML, JSON and selected web element by using Firebug and Fire Path.
- Involved in Web Service testing and validating the XML files.
- Developed Test cases based on the requirements, participated in implementation of Test Cases, and Test Script according to the Business Requirements, System Requirements.
Environment: QTP, Oracle 7.1, Visual Basic, HPALM, Quality Center, Manual testing,, Load Runner.