- Over 14+ years of extensive hands on Quality Assurance and testing experience in various environments
- Expertise in Software Testing Methodologies and development of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test data.
- Over 5+ years of experience in Automated Testing using Automated Tools Quick Test Pro(QTP), Win Runner, Silk Test, Selenium, Cucumber and having basic Performance testing using Load Runner
- Experience in using Bug Tracking tools like ALM,Quality Center, Test Director and Rational Clear Quest for reporting bugs.
- Exposure to all stages of SDLC and Software Test Life Cycle.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong technical background and good interpersonal skills.
- Expertise testing in the Windows and UNIX/LINUX environment
- Involved in Functionality Testing, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, System testing, Load/Performance, Ad - hoc testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing, Backend Testing and Server Side Testing
- Results oriented, with an ability to work with aggressive timelines, deliverables and see successful assignment completion within the established project schedule and budgetary constraints.
- Well experienced in testing of various database driven environments at system and application level in Client server and Web based applications
- Has vast experience apart excellent communication and interpersonal skills helps contribute to timely completion of project deliverables well short of schedule
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro, Win Runner 7.6 /7.0, Selenium, Cucumber, Silk Test, Load Runner
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL, .Net, VB6
Databases: SQL Server 2000/7.0/6.5, Oracle 9i/ 8i/7,x.
Development Tools: Visual Basic 6.0/5.0/4.0 (ActiveX, COM, DCOM) and TOAD,CVS.
Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP.
Bug Reporting Tools: ALM,Test Director 7.6 /7.5, Bugzilla., Clear Quest, Quality Center,JIRA,Rally.
Operating Systems: DOS, Windows 95/98/2000, Windows NT/XP, UNIXLINUX, Vista
Web Technologies: HTM,XML, TCP/IP, DHTML, VB Script, WordExcel, Java Script
- Worked as both Functional and Automation tester/test lead
- Developed automation scripts using QTP, Selenium and Java
- Involved to prepare manual scripts preparation and execution
- Handled Offshore-Onsite Model and worked as a coordinator conducting daily and weekly meetings and get the deliverable complete on time
- Developed test summary reports for product Owners for Quality purpose.
- Closely worked with Business and Developers to understand the system requirements
- Analyzed manual Regression cases, script designing for newly added test cases and debugging
- Optimized regression suites on weekly basis for better test automation
- Coordinated with project stakeholders and lab team for automation environment setup
- Conducted deliverable reviews and provide technical assistance to onshore and offshore team.
- Designed overall Automation approach to support smoke test, functional and Regression along with end to end automation.
- Conducted Automation Feasibility analysis on monthly basis and provide recommendations to the team
Environment: QTP, Selenium, Cucumber, ALM, Quality Center, VB script, Java script, HTML, SQL, XML, Java Web services(SOAP/REST), Seibel Applications, Oracle,.NET, Main Frame, JIRA, Rally, Jenkins.
- Developed Test cases from requirement Specifications.
- Prepared Test input requirements and prepared the test data for Data Driven testing
- Involved to prepare manual scripts and execution
- Involved in production support for a product verification
- Used Rational Clear Quest to track and report system defects and bug fixes. Written modification requests for the bugs in the application and helped developers to track and resolve the problems.
- Attended release meetings and QA status meetings.
- Involved in application releases to production and support for production issues.
Environment: Quality Center, Clear Quest, VB script, Java script HTML, SQL,XML, Linux
- Actively involved in automating the manual test cases for regression testing using QTP.
- Developed performance scripts and test the application performance using Load Runner
- Executed GUI, Functional and Regression Testing.
- Developed SQL scripts for running complex data integrity test cases.
- Created defects log sheet and reported them to the developers.
- Attended release meetings and QA status meetings.
Environment: QTP, Load Runner 9.0,C, C++, VB script, java, HTML, SQL, Linux
- Analyzing and understanding the application
- Involved in writing the Test plan, Test cases.
- Performed Integration, System, Regression, and User Acceptance testing of an application.
- Actively involved in automating the Regression Testing process of the application using the existing manual testing scenarios with QTP
- Performed the execution of the test cases to verify the expected results
- Involved in server side testing (Servlets, web services)
- Tested Performance of the Application using Load Runner
- Involved in server side testing and Backend testing
- Used Bugzilla to track and report system defects and bugs, writing modification request for the bugs in the application
Environment: QTP, Bugzilla, Oracle 9i,VB Script, Java, Load Runner 8.0,HTML, Java Script, PL/SQL, SQL, Linux
- Analyzing and understanding the application using the given BRDs, FRDs
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases
- Create and Execute manual test scripts and test cases
- Developed and enhanced TSL statements using different functions.
- Automated test scenarios for GUI testing, Functionality testing,, Security testing, Database testing and Regression testing using Win Runner/QTP
- Developed test scripts for Regression testing of new builds of the application using Win Runner/QTP
- Responsible for creating the defects log sheet and reporting them to the developers.
- Used Test Director to track and report system defects and bugs.
- Developed shell scripts in UNIX
- Involved in Database Testing, loaded the test data into Oracle database by writing SQL queries
Environment: Win Runner 7.6,QTP, Test Director 7.8, Visual Basic 6.0, SQL Server 2000, SQL, HTML, XML, IE 5.5, Java Script, VB Script, Windows XP, Unix