- To find a challenging position in which I can fully utilize my current skills and allow me to develop new skills enhancing my opportunities for future advancement and career growth.
- I will bring excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional organizational and multi - tasking abilities
- Project Management knowledge and direction, strong negotiation strategies, outstanding customer service, a strong work ethic and commitment to growth.
- Leadership Development Skills
- Negotiations & Risk Management
- Project Management & Planning
- Exception and/or Remediation Monitoring
- PMP Basics & PMP Certification Prep
- Understanding Company Growth and Profitability
- Business Continuity Planning, Documentation & Training
- Managing & Facilitating Internal & External Audits
Sr. Compliance Analyst
Confidential, Allen, TX
- I was hired as a Compliance Analyst Advanced to manage audit, compliance, and process improvement.
- I was quickly promoted within the first year to Sr Compliance Analyst' I have worn many hats within my role in order to start up processes, train and pass them off to capable team members.
- Additionally, I have the responsibilities of Business Recovery Coordinator (BRC) and Vendor Management Coordinator as well as Enterprise Risk Management for EPS, CPS, and iPay, focusing on policies and processes for improvement and remediation.
- I collaborate with our Senior Executives in order to increase efficiency, security and compliance for multiple business units aligning governance, regulatory prerequisites, and strategic initiative along with industry standards requirements. Demands include a detailed understanding of business operations, risk, compliance, audits and policies as well as a high level technical comprehension and communication.
- Business operational and technological BCDR duties include developing and implementing a new Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Program for 3 financial software solutions groups within the company to include 53 departments and 89 products.
- My attentions are focused on operational and technical procedural documentation, validation of controls, risk assessments, business impact analysis, creating BC and DR Plans, exercise management, gap analysis, suggestions for improvement, test documentation, and monitoring remediation for resolution. I have coordinate and provide oversight for all planning, reporting, documenting, and analysis of the BC and DR activities. I am responsible for defining scope parameters and executing updates to the program documentation and testing. I manage remediation for program vulnerabilities, regulatory requirements, governance and industry best practices.
- I work with executives across the country to understand their needs, issues, concerns, and changes documenting the plans and impact analysis for each business unit’s requirements.
- I partner with administration and operations teams to ensure procedures and related reporting needs are in place and can be easily followed.
- Compliance duties include researching compliance issues related to federal and regulatory requirements, as well as industry and company standards.
- Track, monitor and maintain audit documentation for PCI, SOC1/SOX, FFIEC, ACH/NACHA, Vendor Management, Risk Assessments, Self - Access and Security Audits and Internal Audit.
- I suggest, update, create, and maintain Policies and Procedures. Track regulatory changes and provide insight for implementation of new actions required within the business technology framework.
- Evaluate and document internal controls, communications, risk assessments, business impact analysis, risk analysis, audit trends and findings in order to maintain compliance.
- I methodically document and monitor requirements, policies, exceptions, remediation, and QA, of audited documentation for follow up, prevention, and completion.
- I independently create a multitude of policies and processes in order to improve business operations for multiple business units.
- I contributed in documentation and planning to merge multiple business units which included streamlining practices, merging processes, and documenting policy and procedural integration.
- Vendor Management duties consist of vendor communications and risk review document gathering and coordination.
- Working with Senior Management to obtain completed contract requirements and managing any risk related research or remediation.
- As the Enterprise Risk Management Coordinator, I maintain the risk register or dashboard for 3 businesses, create meetings, agendas, notes, and discussions for each risk review board meeting. Managing the meetings, discussions, and expectations and remediation’s appropriate to each business through executive management deliberations.
Sr. Claims Analyst / Claims Department Implementation Project Admin
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Developed and implemented the claims department for Aggressive Insurance alongside the Vice President of Compliance. This included facilitating innovation, structuring the organization, and ensuring stability. The department was operating effectively, within eight months, exceeding the one year completion goal.
- As the Project Administrator, I coordinated with the contracted software engineers to design and implement a new claims tracking system providing a stable claims management environment. This system ensured compliance with company, state, and national insurance industry guidelines and regulations.
- Created the claims reference and training manuals used by employees. In addition, I interviewed potential applicants, made recommendations to the hiring manager, and trained employees on business operations.
- Utilizing my legal education and insurance industry knowledge, I assisted the Vice President in writing the majority of our formatted company letters that require compliance with specific state mandated legislation. These letters are utilized consistently for communications with our customers, vendors, attorneys, executives, and state audit groups.
- Auditing and maintaining a successful and efficient work environment for claims accounting by reviewing authority levels, authorizing payments, and preserving accurate reserve levels for the department. This directly assisted our CFO in assessing the company assets, placing reserves and funding where needed.
- Used my exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills to complete complex investigations, strategic analysis, and independent conclusions.
- Typical scenarios would include insurance fraud, liability disputes, contract exposure, and settlement negotiations.
- Facilitated negotiations and settlements with attorneys and preparing files for the litigation process. My excellent negotiation skills and attention to detail have directly saved the company an average of over $50,000.00 a month.
- Successfully completed continuing education on legislation governing consumer protection, business ethics and contract laws which allowed me to renew my Texas Department of Insurance License.
Sr. Claims Examiner
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Trained in claims audit, risk management, dispute resolution, mediation, arbitration claims, litigation, negotiation, and instrumental team leader.