- Forward thinking Quality and Agile professional with experience in varied industries, including medical devices, transportation, information technology, and food/beverage.
- Transformed organizations toward an Agile method for project and departmental sprint - based task planning, sizing, and reporting.
- Implemented and executed a quality system including a QMS, test department, test automation, corrective action, and internal audits.
- Technical competence in software control, safety critical systems, lean six sigma, SCRUM, project management, advanced statistical analysis, BI, and manufacturing. Proven strong leadership in team dynamics, team building, management, and motivation.
Tools: Minitab 18, JIRA (Cloud/Server 7.x), BitBucket, Jenkins, TestRail, Azure DevOps, Rational Doors Next Generation, Rational Quality Manager, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Project, Selenium, Ranorex Studio
Methods: Taguchi method, system integration, white box, black box, V&V, end-to-end, test method validation, SCRUM, Agile, Waterfall
Standards: ISO 9001, ISO 13485, Cenelec EN 50128, 21 CFR 820, CMMI L2, IEEE 829, Sarbanes Oxley
Quality Tools: CAPA, Audits, SPC, DOE, Agile, Kanban, 5S, Kaizen, Six Sigma, dFMEA, pFMEA, ANOVA, GR&R, RCA
QA Test Manager
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Implemented and drove an ISO 9001 and SOX Section 404 compliant Quality Management system including the development of a test engineering COE, software automation QA, and instituted an Agile methodology of project management.
- Managed a team of leads and contributors including test engineers, SW QA Automation developers, and SCRUM Masters.
- Developed a SCRUM based organization from the ground up and managed a small team of SCRUM masters who were both project focused and departmentally focused utilizing a JIRA cloud based customized workflow and process.
- Enhanced the Agile methodology by applying it to an operations based R&D team that interfaced with business users and senior leadership.
- Improved corporate sales by reducing the cost of poor quality by the implementation of a quality assurance testing team that developed and execute both manual and automation test cases against a .NET/C# environment.
- Enhanced the efficiency of the development team through the transition towards a CI/CD effort with the usage of JIRA, Bitbucket, Ranorex, and Jenkins.
- Reduced inefficiencies through the development of SOP's, a CAPA system, and internal conformance audits to reduce variations in job execution.
Staff Engineer, Quality Engineering
Confidential, Plano/Irving, TX
- Leading and managing a cross functional testing project team consisting of 8 quality test engineers and technicians in the disciplines of software, mechanical, and electrical, and offshore.
- Updated testing strategies and methods across the department through usage of applied statistical methods to software testing including Design of Experiments (Taguchi method).
- Developed CM and change control strategic workflows for build artifacts and project non-conformances utilizing the tools JIRA, and Jenkins.
- Lead and directed offshore software quality test engineering team.
- Improved quality planning objectives with voice of customer (VOC) perspective to help achieve upturn in customer survey metrics and relations.
- Optimization of Quality engineering project schedule through MS Project and LEAN tools.
- Utilized LUA automation scripts for data collection to improve meeting customer milestones on-time.
- Performed advanced data analysis in MINITAB including SPC, Type-I Gage Studies, GR&R, DOE, and distribution analysis.
Software Quality Engineer
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Standardized development of Test Plan, Test Procedures, traceability matrices, and Test Reports to IEEE 829 std.
- Developed QA process in addition to monitoring and championing adherence to the QMS.
- Improved project defect discovery rate by 40% through usage of structured exploratory testing.
- Appointed by GM as process champion that that led to initial ISO-9001:2008 and CMMI L2 s through QMS and audit .
- Improved CAPA performance through in corporation of root cause analysis methods.
- Streamlined EN 50128 auditing process via integrated traceability in Visure req management.
System Test Engineering Consultant
Confidential, Boise, ID
- Implemented and managed a defect and non-conformance tracking system and process to enhance triage of high severity issues.
- Utilized the IEEE 829 standard for the development of all project related testing artifacts.
- Improved the efficiency and quality of deliverables by transitioning from waterfall to a phased in sprint based agile approach that showcased key milestones both to senior management and the customer.
Confidential, Melbourne, FL
- Performed various project engineering lead activities on Locotrol RCL product lines including quality improvement, metric reports, and customer facing activities and site visits.