- Synergy from (10+ years) roles as Tester (Manual & Automation), Functional & QA Analyst. Tester, Project Lead & collaboration with Developer, PMO & Client communities, to implement IT systems.
- Industry & Functional experiences in Healthcare & Insurance (3 yrs., Confidential & Confidential Services, Confidential ) ERP, EDI, Supply Chain(Banking, Finance, Accounting, Billing.
- Agile Scrum, SDLC Functional Analysis, QA, Manual, Automation testing on Mainframe, Client /Server, UI, SOA/Web Services,.NET, Oracle E - Business
- Business Process/ Functional Analysis, Requirements Definition, Project scoping, Software Design/Testing and project delivery management in alignment with QA processes
- Manage, store, link Requirements, Use Cases, Test Cases/Scripts in tools (HP QC, ALM, ReqPro, RQM). Manage Test Execution, Defect Logging, Tracking, Reporting
- Drive Test Automation approach, Governance & Standards, test selection criteria (Who, What, How to Automate) conforming to Best Practices. Develop QTP Automation Framework in VBScript (5 years).
KEY SKILLS & CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Client-facing elicitation & determination of functional Requirements, design of User Story, Use Case. Documentation & communication skills across all levels of IT, SME, Vendor and Client organizations.
- Business needs assessment, functional/requirements analysis leading to developing BRD, TRD, Test Plan within ISO/IEC 9126 Quality Model Framework (Functionality, Reliability, Usability, Maintainability) & IEEE 829 software development/testing standard (Test Plan/Log/Reports, Test Design/Case/Procedure, Specs).
- Systems & Function Analysis &Test Execution of System & User Interfaces(UI), Section 508 Compliance leading to deployment per SDLC model with Agile SCRUM, Iterative, Waterfall methods, CMMI.
- Develop Manual & Automation Test Strategy. Plan & execute road map to implement Client Requirement.
- Test Effort Estimation, test success criteria & metrics and tactical planning for test methodology selection.
- Data analysis, data modeling to transform test scenarios into test data (from EDI Flat files, Data bases) confirming to business & data validation rules, implementation of Requirement Specifications.
- Backend data validation/data integrity check, with SQL Query, Database Schema verification.
- Defect logging & Report generation, Test summary reporting, Change Control initiation in HP ALM.
- Troubleshoot & Triage issues with Developers, Business & Implementation teams for root cause identification and resolution; collect and measure test metrics, production readiness progress.
Networking/Telecommunications: FTP, TCP/IP, SSL, VPN, IPSec, PKI
Programming Languages: VB Script, XML, PL/SQL, SQL, Unix, Windows
Data Bases: Oracle 11g,11i, r12, SQL Server, MS Access
Requirement & Test Management Tool: HP QC, ALM, Rational Tools, RQM, RRC,RTC, ReqPro
Defect Tracking & Debugging Tools: HP QC, ALM, RQM
Automation Test Tools: HP Quick Test Pro(QTP)
IBM Functional/Requirements & QA Analyst, Manual & Automation Testing Specialist
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Collaborating in Agile to elicit & then validate client user story requirements, leading to test drive software development for 20 major applications (e.g. Legal compliance, reporting on compliance financial laws).
- Leading team to develop test strategy, plans, script & execution leading to software deployment.
Environment: MS Visual Studio, TFS, MS Test Manager, SharePoint, HP Quality Center/ALM
IBM QA Analyst & Production Tester
Confidential, Linthicum, MD
- End-to-end, UAT testing & pre-deployment Production Readiness testing of CMS HIGLAS platform for Confidential Eligibility & Medicare Finance & Accounting system applications
- Client specifications & Oracle Workload/Organization data structure Analysis of CMS Oracle E-Business Financial/Accounting database to develop test data to reflect financial/accounting Use Cases/Test scenarios.
- Executing CMS Oracle E-Business Financial/Accounting process/cycle in order to verify & validate Client Requirements against (designed) System Change. Interfacing with client for sign-off, prior to deployment.
Environment: Oracle 11g, 11i, R12, SQL, TOAD, ClearQuest, Remedy, Oracle E-Business Financial & Accounting
IBM SIT Testing & Test Management Consultant
Confidential, Lanham, MD
- Requirements Validation & SIT, UAT, Testing of a 're-write' of older Confidential web Request Tracking system & Procurement system (IPS), with IBM Business Process Management (BPM) software (managing human workflow, interactions with IPS systems) and IBM Web Sphere software suite.
- Manage ReqPro to store/access, link 'requirements', RQM to design, store & then 'associate' Test Plan/Case & Scripts, for test planning and execution. Obtained client concurrence on test artifacts after 'walk-throughs'.
- Troubleshot and triaged issues with Developers, for root cause identification and resolution. Utilized RQM, ClearQuest for CR status, to resolve/track, defects & fixes. Updated clients, stakeholders with test status.
- Tested GUI Interface of Web-based procurement process, on-line reporting & mapping results of workflow.
Environment: IBM WebSphere, J2EE, MS Visio, PowerPoint, Rational ReqPro, ClearQuest, RQM, RRC, RTC .
IBM QA Analyst & Test Automation Consultant
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Collaborated Confidential PostalOne (Mail Entry & Payment (BME/PT) Supply Chain systems) in a multi-vendor enterprise software development & testing environment.
- Integrated Customer/Mailer distribution/logistics feeds with Confidential postage payment/financial processing,
- Devised test scenarios (from SRD, TRD), test scripts, using HP ALM tool to store, link Requirements to Test Scripts, share Test Execution status. Resolved & tracked Defects & Bug fixes; collaborated with PMO via ALM.
- Transformed Use Cases into test data, executed Unix Jobs, verified test results and validated ‘system’.
- Tested/validated Web UI applications of Confidential & Customer data, On-line Reporting System, linkage with Customer Registration & Gateway, Mailer EDI manifest file processing by PostalOne e-Verification.
Environment: WinSCP, PuTTY, Unix, SharePoint/IBM BlueShare, HP QC, ALM, MS Office, VersionOne, JIRA
Manual & Automation Test Consultant
Confidential, Washington DC
- Interviewed Clients to collect & analyze Requirements. Developed Use Cases/Test Cases, planned and executed Manual & Automation Functional, Integrated tests. Verified & validated expected results.
- Coordinated Agile cross-functional team to define, validate, requirements with Clients/product owners, developers for new code creation, by translating story boards into functional specification, test plan, test case.
- Performed Functional Decomposition of Requirements to identify required tasks, their relationships and execute Function Point & Test Point Analysis in order to calculate Test Effort Estimation (for staffing).
- Designed and coded Key-Word, Data Driven & Hybrid Test Automation Frameworks in QTP with VBScripts (and descriptive programming) for Federal Student Aid (FSA) operations and Common Service Borrowers (CSB) transformation project (consolidating & managing loan portfolio).
- Verified Section 508 Compliance of website, UI by test automation in HP QTP.
- Collaborated in test data creation reflecting Use Case/Test Scenarios, enabling validation of test results. Performed backend testing (SQL Query); verified if table relationship matched Database Schema.
- Led risk analysis-based Test Management & SQA for Common Loan Origination & Disbursement (COD) and FSA Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG), Automated UI test with QTP, SOAP UI.
- Project managed Functional, Integration & Performance testing of release with ALM, QC test/defect management tools, processes, metrics (Ratio of Requirements failed, Defect Density by Severity/Component).
Environment: zSeries, HP QC, ALM, QTP, Load Runner, Unix, Java, JIRA, VersionOne, MS Office, MS Project.
BA/QA Analyst & Lead, Consultant
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Collaborated in Scrum meeting for PBI, Story Point, Sprint Retrospective for QA, process improvement (of Confidential ) to provide user-friendly, secure on-demand file exchange capability for examiners/bankers.
- Led Application Lifecycle Management with HP QC (Requirements management, storage, coverage with Test Cases, devising test run sequence, execution, defect identification, reporting & resolution).
- Defined project roadmap, timelines. Provided oversight. Assigned Work Items to Analysts, Testers. Captured reports/status from ALM, QC, RQM, communicated to stakeholders.
- Drove projects to completion. Developed QA/Test Reports, ‘lessons learned’ to improve QA process.
- Defined software requirements development, coding, QA and Testing Policies, Standards, Guidelines and drove their acceptance and in corporation into the organization’s business process Best Practices.
- Led Risk Analysis, Assessment & Mitigation while planning and performing testing (e.g. high-risk aspect, worst publicity, most important to user, largest financial/safety/visibility to user, poor design).
- Negotiated adjustment of Requirement after detecting test defects related to transactional dependency of Links, Business rule pages of Confidential site, which needed resolution through modification of Requirement.
- Collaborated in designing, deploying, maintaining multiple test environments to support various levels of test execution e.g. Functional, Regression, (SIT) Integration, end-to-end, User Acceptance (CAT) testing.
Environment: AS/400, HP Quality Center, QTP, MySQL, Oracle, XML, .Net, SOA, MS Power Point.
QA Engineer, Consultant
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Assessed and determind Client’s needs to increase the E-Commerce & Supply Chain application’s usability and testability. Developed roadmap for frequent software Requirements upgrades and Releases.
- Rolled-out usage of HP Quality Center (tool & repository for development & linkage of Requirements, Test Case, Defect & Change Management) to confirm User Story Confidential each Agile Iteration and for Functional, Regression, SIT & UAT monitoring (and status reporting), leading to fast, accurate system deployment.
- Developed Test Plan, Test Case, Test Data conforming to BRD, FRS Requirements documentations.
- Facilitated QA/Test Automation Advisory Council, leading to adoption of QTP Automation tool in 2009.
- Increased accuracy of user data acceptance via Input Boxes on external web-facing application. Verified UI of captured ‘customer profile’ data integration to ‘purchase data’ (passed as input to service ordering and bill rendering systems ( for enterprise E-Commerce system)
Environment: AS/400, HP Quality Center, QTP, Windows, UNIX, Oracle, J2EE, MS Office.
Product Manager, Consultant
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Led Product Definition, positioning and Requirements documents for telecommunications products.
- Executed projects involving co-located and geographically distributed Analysts, Developer and Architect team resources with matrix teams. Managed scope of project and resource planning.
- Partnered with OEMs e.g., SafeNet for VPN, PKI, Security software Confidential DSL chip level for WAN solution.
Systems Analyst & Team Lead, Consultant
Confidential, East Brunswick, NJ
- Took ownership for Release Cycle SCRs for Billing subsystem of Confidential & Confidential Business Customer systems. Managed a team of Programmer Analysts, tasked with enhanced billing capabilities and call details.
- Performed Requirement & Test Plan reviews with customers (e.g. elicitation, analysis, verification) for enhanced 800# Service delivery, IVR, Call Tracking & Billing system to upgrade CRM tool/process.
- Developed system Requirements, Functional Specifications, Test Plans by analyzing business processes, communicating strategies and dependencies between upstream & downstream system impacts.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams of upstream Message Processing & Service Order systems and downstream Journals, Bill Print systems. Validated & Certified subsystem release, for deployment
Environment: IBM System/370, COBOL, CICS, z/OS, VSAM, DB2, MS Project, MS Office, MS Visio
Programmer Analyst Consultant
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Systems development in SDLC (Analysis, Coding, post- implementation) for medical coding, business rules validation and front-end UI screen design for integrating ‘Patient Data’ with Medical Insurance firm
- Maintained/enhanced on-line transaction & batch processing for the networked enterprise computing system connecting Confidential Insurance system to the hospital & medical provider network.
- Designed, coded and tested healthcare application programs for User Terminal Interface, integrated Back-end data storage and processing (in a HIPPA compliant system environment).
Environment: IBM Sytem/360, COBOL, TSO, JCL, DB2, QMF, MVS, Easytrieve