Succeeded in a series of increasingly challenging software engineering roles including Customer Support Engineer, Software Engineer/Analyst, Quality Assurance Engineer, Release and Configuration Management, Quality Assurance Manager, Testing Manager, and Release Manager using various technical platforms to include mainframe, client - server, web-based, and SaaS applications.
Manager, QA- Agency Validation
- Manager in QA responsible for the ownership, management, and execution of the Confidential QA Agency Validation program and team. Confidential is a Software as a Service solution for Travel and Expense in federal government agencies, developed using SCRUM agile software development methodology.
- The AV program is responsible for government agency verification and validation by identifying and resolving issues during sprint cycles and before production deployment (in pre-production environments).
- Responsible to create, automate, execute, and maintain a standard set of test scenarios designed to cover the Confidential contracted government agencies (29) business scenarios with specific agency configurations that change on a daily basis.
- Directly responsible for staff management of the AV test team; managing all the test environments (1 for each agency); managing assignments; using JIRA to plan and monitor test activities for sprint cycles; identification and creation of test cases; defining and managing test schedules; testing of all releases (major and hotfixes) and software deployments to production.
Software/Utilities/Tools/Hardware: MS Office/Project, Atlassian JIRA
- Act as the focal point for all proposed release and project changes;
- Act as central point of contact to the SEC to define business priorities in relation to release scope and contents;
- Chair EDGAR Change Control Board (CCB);
- Staff management of 11 full-time CM specialists, release project managers, and systems testers;
- Management of all System Test and User Acceptance Test activities and schedules (using MS Project and HP Quality Center)
- Execution of the Release Management processes, plans and schedules to ensure successful deployments of all releases (software and infrastructure);
- Communication and coordination of all Release activities, statuses, risks, across all teams, including the SEC client, formally and informally;
- Production of Impact Assessments, ROMs, and Levels of Efforts (LOE) for every release;
- Work with Program Manager, Systems Engineering Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, and Operations & Maintenance Manager to create & monitor schedules and deliverables for each release;
- Production and approval of all release deliverables and of release milestones and gate reviews;
- Resource management (allocation, monitoring, motivating, hiring, evaluations, etc.).
Software/Utilities/Tools/Hardware: MS Office/Project, Windows 7, Serena Version Manager, Serena Business Manager (SBM), HP Quality Center v10.0, HP Quick TestPro v10.0; Clearance: Public Trust
- Overall software quality of more than 13 individual products integrated into a system used by processing centers across the country
- Staff management of 11 full-time testers.
- Coordination of all activities/testers during each testing phase of the project/program, using MS Project, MS Team Foundation Server (TFS), and HP Quality Center;
- Formulation and implementation of testing strategies and processes for automated testing;
- Utilize testing knowledge and experience to assess and advise on the practicality of testing process alternatives and implementing process improvements
- Identification of improvements to the test process and assist in the implementation of improvements
- Formulation and Implementation of Quality Center/Test Management tools and associated processes;
- Resource management (allocation, monitoring, motivating, hiring, evaluations, etc);
- Planning and Management of Development Integration Test, Functional Qualification Test (FQT), Acceptance tests and other test phases as necessary;
- Preparation/Review of Test Plans and Test Analysis Reports and other testing artifacts delivered to client;
- Production and approval of all testing deliverables and of testing milestones and gate reviews during a project;
- Production of Impact Assessments, ROMs, and Basis of Estimates (BOE) for every software release
- Risk Management of risks associated with the testing; take preventative action when any risks become unacceptable;
- Work with Project Manager, Development Manager, and Requirements Manager to create schedule and budget for each release;
- Communication of testing status, results, and issues to Client and Senior Management staff on a daily and weekly basis.
Software/Utilities/Tools/Hardware: MS Office/Project, Windows 7, Merant Version Manager, Merant Tracker, HP Quality Center v10.0, HP Quick TestPro v10.0; Team Foundation Server (TFS); Sharepoint; Clearance: DHS Public Trust 6C
- Building a highly effective test team;
- Implementing a formal testing strategy & process, including test plan and test case development & review, test automation, and test to requirements traceability (RTM) in waterfall and agile development environments;
- Managing all testing projects, resources, and processes;
- Creating/Managing LOEs (Level of effort), project plans, schedules, tasks, risks, budgets and EVM (Earned Value Management);
- Working closely with project stakeholders (FCC) to ensure proper testing of all systems and issue remediation;
- Reporting to FCC management status of testing activities and projects, including risk management.
- Implement Test automation strategy, framework, process, and procedures (to support waterfall, iterative and agile environments);
- Implement automation tools: Quality Center, QTP, LoadRunner; support the software change control process for all systems;
- Serve as lead member of CCB (Change Control Board); manage Process and Product Quality Assurance activities in support of CMMI;
- Perform quarterly audits to ensure adherence to all defined processes and procedures and that deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner;
- Serve as Lead of the Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG) which performs assessments of the team’s organizational capabilities, implements improvements, and measures effectiveness of efforts by defining and tracking quality metrics;
- Staff management of 16 testers (full-time and subcontractor), to include recruitment, on-boarding and off-boarding, performance evaluation and salary negotiation.
Software/Utilities/Tools/Hardware: MS Office, MS Project, Windows XP, Rational RequisitePro, Merant Version Manager, Merant Tracker, HP Quality Center v10.0, HP Quick TestPro v10.0; Clearance: MBI/Public Trust
QA & SOX Manager
- Manage and direct Quality Assurance testing and validation activities and team;
- Devise testing strategies;
- Develop test plans, test cases, and testing schedules;
- Requirements management, create and maintain requirements traceability matrix; test case review, project planning, progress monitoring;
- Develop use cases & test cases;
- Perform use case and requirements verification;
- Perform functional, integration, system, regression, compatibility and performance testing using manual and automated methods when possible;
- Record all test results and report test status to stakeholders;
- Cross-train project members on quality assurance processes.
- Also responsible for company-wide Information Technology Regulatory compliance which included:
- Development of the IT Sarbanes-Oxley annual plan. This includes evaluation risk and risk management, determining review locations, building and optimizing the control programs, and communicating to the IT organization planned steps and timing. This work is performed in conjunction with the Finance SOX team to ensure an integrated approach.
- Manage reviews and participate in performing review procedures, including: identifying and defining issues, defining remediation plans, developing criteria/attributes, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes, internal controls, tests of internal control operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate overall status to executive management & stakeholders on a timely basis. Provide results of review via written reports and oral presentation to location management on a timely basis. Includes representing the CIO at the SOX Audit Committee meetings.
- Manage SOX relationship with outside auditors and relationships with location personnel.
Software/Utilities/Tools/Hardware: MS Office, Windows XP