- Software Quality Assurance professional with over 6 years of IT experience in testing Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Expertise in business requirements analysis, creation of Testing Strategy, Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test data setup, Test Execution, Defect Reporting and Triaging, preparation of Test Results Summary.
- Expertise in planning, designing, implementing, executing and evaluating tests.
- Extensively experienced in designing Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Expertise in creating Test plans, Test strategy, UAT Test strategy and Test cases based on the business and system requirements.
- Extensive Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Methodologies such as Agile Scrum, Waterfall etc.
- Experienced in different types of testing like Black Box, Functional, GUI, Smoke, Regression, System, Acceptance, Integration and Back end testing.
- Good Knowledge in using JIRA as test management tool for defect tracking and test case execution.
- Experienced in running manual test using HP ALM /Quality Center.
- Proficient in Bug tracking and reporting using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Good knowledge of SQL and database connectivity for Back - end testing.
- Proficient in Functional and Regression of various Enterprise Services and Systems using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced for Check points Like Standard, Text, Text Area, Image and Bitmap using Quick Test Professional/UFT.
- Strong Knowledge in developing Descriptive programming for Key-word, data driven Testing using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in developing and customizing Automation scripts using Quick Test Professional/UFT.
- Hands on Experience with SOAPUI for Web services Testing and Web Security Testing.
- Good knowledge in analysis of Bug Severity, Bug Tracking system and Bug Reporting.
- Self-motivated and have ensured execution of tasks across multiple customers and priorities.
- Excellent team player and have ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn any new technology very quickly.
Testing Tools: HP ALM, HP UFT, JIRA, HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Pro, SOAP UI
Operating System: Windows, Unix/Linux
Data Base: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2
MS Tools: MS Visio, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Word
Confidential, VA Beach, VA
QA Automation Analyst
- Worked with QA manager and various project managers to estimate automation effort such as time, money and complexity.
- Was responsible for planning and designing of automated Test cases including analysis against framework.
- Maintained and updated existing automation framework such as monitoring, making change and document change made in scripts, associated test cases and function library.
- Was responsible for leading Automation Testing in AES from conceptualization to implementation including providing automation test metrics.
- Identified the cause of failure of automated scripts, fixed and performed the successful resolution whether rerunning or opening defects accordingly.
- Involved in all phases of QA Life cycle, including Test Design, Development, and Implementation of the entire QA process.
- Developed and documented application Test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Executed scripts and wrote test cases to test the applications usability using HP ALM.
- Used JIRA for defect reporting and tracking.
- Documented the manual test cases using HP ALM.
- Reported the bugs, Emailed notifications to the developers using HP ALM.
- Performed backend testing by validating database contents using SQL Queries.
- Tested HIPAA regulations in Facets HIPAA privacy module.
- Validated various EDI transactions like 270/271,276/277,834,835,837 and claim adjudication using Facets.
- Wrote automated test scripts for all the modules in the Application, and used these scripts for testing the application using UFT.
- Developed automated test scripts for Functional, GUI validation, System, Regression and UAT testing using UFT.
- Developed the UFT Automation Framework for automated testing using Data Driven and Hybrid approach.
- Mapped Customized objects to Standard objects using UFT identification Module.
- Involved in testing the Web services using SOAP UI tool.
- Provided statistical reports on QA testing and defects resolution progress on a weekly basis to stakeholders and management.
- Facilitated End to End and UAT testing along with defects status turn over meetings.
- Ran and analyzed tests with regular expressions.
- Performed peer reviews for test cases and test results prepared by other team members.
- Involved in daily defect meetings and walkthroughs to find out the status of defects.
Environment: HP ALM, SQL Server, UFT, Html, Visual Studio, JIRA, Soap UI, XML, AJAX, Oracle, Windows, Linux, MS Excel, MS Word, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome .
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
- Developed, Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenarios from System Requirement Specifications according to the Business requirement.
- Built Test result reports, wrote scripts to automate Tests to facilitate repeatable and efficient Software Test Cycle.
- Worked through Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) and participated in full life cycle development using objects oriented programming concepts.
- Worked on Agile Methodology (Stand-up Meetings, Scrum Meetings, Update Time report).
- Utilized JIRA to document test cases, test results and defects.
- Planed, prepared and updated scripts using HP ALM.
- Involved in developing detailed Test plan, Test cases and Test scripts using HP ALM for Functional, Security and Regression Testing.
- Used HP ALM to track and report system defects and bug fixes.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries to check Data integrity.
- Created ODBC Connection to connect automation script with database and wrote the code to validate data in database using UFT.
- Performed the Regression Testing to make sure that the bug has been fixed and the application is running properly using UFT.
- Developed Automation Scripts in UFT for Functional testing and Regression Testing.
- Inserted check points to check for text, text area and standard properties of an object using UFT.
- Analyzed the results in various stages of the application including integration, regression, functional and acceptance testing using UFT.
- Prepared test data and generated web services scripts using SOAP transactions executed them using SOAP UI tool.
- Interacted with Business Analyst/Users/Developers for gathering requirements.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Maintained meetings with the technical teams and management, developed proper documentation, validated current production environment.
- Identified and reported defects through the standard process and documents set up by the project.
Environment: CSS, MS Outlook, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, HP ALM, HP UFT, JIRA, VB Script, PHP, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, Windows, Java, SQL, Soap UI, HTML, XML, UNIX.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Interacted with Senior Architects, Manager and the developers for issue resolution for critical business related queries and acting as a liaison between the business and the IT teams.
- Involved in creating Test plans, Test conditions and Test cases using Business requirements.
- Involved in Agile model of software development by facilitating daily operational scrums and frequently coordinating across cross-functional team.
- Created the Regression Test Cases and automated them for the purpose of Regression Testing.
- Created and maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix and Test Matrix using Quality Center/ALM.
- Tracked bugs and reported Defects and maintained Test Reports using Quality Center/ALM.
- Performed Back-end data base testing using SQL quires.
- Maintained an Automated Test Suite for Validating Business Flows using QTP/UFT.
- Performed regression testing using QTP/UFT.
- Performed functional testing by executing the VB Scripts from QTP/UFT.
- Created function to convert the QTP/UFT report file in to Excel report format.
- Developed test scenarios, test cases, expected results and execution script.
- Coded error handlers as work-around for smooth execution of test scripts to avoid unexpected aborting of test set.
- Generated detailed bug reports and test metrics (pass-fail report, comparison chart).
- Worked with Cross browser tested projects to support Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome.
- Coordinated with multiple teams, both internal and external, to specify test planning, execution and reporting requirements.
Environment: Quality Center/ALM, QTP/UFT, Java, Java Script, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, C/C++, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, PHP, HTML, Agile, MS Word, UNIX, MS Excel.