- Over 8+ years of experience as a QA Engineer in Manual, Automation, Web Service and Mobile App Testing
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance using Functional Testing, System Testing including Integration, Performance, Stress, Load and Regression Testing of Web and Client/Server based applications.
- Experience in testing applications in Hi - Tech, Banking, and Media sectors.
- Possesses strong understanding of all iOS and android models (phone and tablets) and a sound knowledge of mobile applications testing.
- Experience in testing methodologies like Agile, Scrum and Waterfall.
- Experienced in Requirement Gathering, Test Planning, Test Cases, Test Data Setup, Manual and Automation Testing, Defect Tracking and Project Coordination.
- Experienced in Black box Testing, User Acceptance, Frontend and Backend testing (Database testing).
- Good exposure to various bug tracking tools, such as Quality Center, ALM, BUGZILLA, JIRA, etc.
- Extensively used SQLs Queries to perform database testing and Sql server database for Backend testing and Test data setup.
- Proficient in analyzing the SRS (Software Requirement Specifications), Functional Design Documents to formulate Test Plans, Test Strategies and Test Cases for Manual testing of various applications to ensure proper business compliance.
- Well experienced with UNIX commands and Server side monitoring.
- Extensive experience in Quality Center and Bugzilla.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Thorough understanding of Web and XML Technologies (Http/Html, Web services, etc).
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, Communication skills, Documentation Skills, problem solving ability, Analytical and Programming skills.
Testing Tools: QTP 9.5/11.0/11.5/12 , SOAP UI 2.5, SOAPUI Pro
Bug Reporting Tools: Quality Center 9.2/10.0/11.0/11.5 , Buzilla, JIRA, Buganizer, Portal, GUTS ( Confidential Universal Tracking System), Task tool, Fly Trap, Listnr.
Req Management Tools: Quality Center(ALM), Odin, Sony Flashing tool, KingoRootHTC Dev, Sony Developer Tool, Motorola Bootloader unlock, Test Rail, Scuba, OTA update, Android file Transfer, Test tracker, Rhea, Rapid, Trip dash board
Operating System: Windows 95/98/7/XP/2000, UNIX/ Linux, iOS, Android, Mac OS, Quip Doc, Drop Box, Pixel Cloud .
Project Methodologies: SDLC, Agile Scrum, Waterfall, RUP
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, Java, VB Script, Groovy Script, Bash, Python, Shell Scripting. GraphiQL
Mobile Application Testing: IOS, Android, ADB Commands, Unix Commands
Others: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio2013, MS Office, Gs uit, Text Editor, Note Pad
- Responsible for testing prototype software features on Android & IOS Platforms.
- Executing test plans per customer requirements.
- Creating Bug tracking reports during failures.
- Verifying Bug Fixes on test builds and other releases.
- Modifying and updating existing test plans per software changes.
- Testing prototype app software
- Pushing Applications to other test teams.
- Managing testing Resources for on time testing activities.
- Rooting Androids for test preparations.
Environment: Manual testing, bash,Unix/Linux, Agile, ADB Commands, Mac OS, Buganizer, Root kit, Napkin, G Suite, Rapid, Test Tracker, Trip Dashboard, Guts, Rhea.
Confidential, Menlo Park, CA
System Privacy Engineer
- Responsible for testing prototype software features on Android platform.
- Executed test plans per customer requirements.
- Created Bug tracking reports during failures.
- Verified Bug Fixes on test builds and newer releases.
- Created and updated existing test plans per software changes.
- Performed Amazon Alexa feature testing.
- WiFi Analytics testing
- Crash Analytics testing
- Areas of focus include Privacy, Security, Analytics, and OTA testing.
- Spearheaded SuperFrame Testing
Environment: Automation and Manual testing, Python, bash,Unix/Linux, Agile, ADB Commands, Windows, Mac OS, MS Suite, Task tool, Fly Trap, Flash, Quip Doc, Drop Box, Pixel Cloud, Test Rail, Scuba, OTA update, Android file Transfer, GraphiQL.
- Involved in testing the application for regression builds, manually and automation.
- Participated in the System Test Plan reviews, Test Scenarios, Test Cases Review and modified the documents with respect to the review comments.
- Involving in the role of QA Test Automation engineer in a fast-paced agile team.
- Involved in testing Confidential Universal Tracking System (GUTS), Portal tickets, and Buganizar.
- Involved in Shipping and Tracking Devices to Data center and filing Confidential Universal Tracking System and filling Portal Ticket.
- Involved in creating docs and Filing tickets in Buganizer
- Understanding requirement document and analyzing system documents to ensure technical accuracy, completeness and compliance.
- Documented software defects using bug tracking system and reported defects involving program functionality, output, online screen and content to software developers.
- Co-ordination with offshore team for weekly sync up on various project activities.
- Test cloud based mobile application from all major carriers such as Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint across various different handsets covering mobile operating system such as IOS and Android.
- Involving in design reviews to provide inputs on functional requirements, product designs and schedules.
- Creating Test Plan, Test Strategy and Test Cases manually for the application.
- Create and run script to test new features, bug reporting, developer support, analyze matrices.
- Configuring and testing android devices using ADB/Shell commands.
- Analyzing logs from Android devices using Logcat.
- Performed regression testing of weekly builds.
- Logged defects encountered in the application through Bugzilla during test cycles and conducted fix verification.
- Experience in Android Debugging Bridge Tool commands, Gcloud commands and UNIX/LINUX commands.
- Performed compatibility testing with various mobile handsets to ensure that functionality working as expected.
- Creating documentation for variety of devices, APIs.
- Modifying boot, recovery images for android devices.
- Involved in Flashing stock images on android devices and provisioning (rooting) devices.
- Actively participate in regular Scrum team meetings to discuss testing process and suggest improvements to the application design and features
Environment: Automation and Manual testing, Python, bash,Unix/Linux, Agile, ADB Commands, Windows, Mac OS, Odin flash tool, MS Excel, Buganizer, Root kit, SP Flashing Tool, Aflash, Napkin, G Suite.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Mobile/Robotics QA Engineer
- Created test plans and test cases for Robotic functionality
- Created and Tested different functions on the Linux platform
- Responsible for testing the firmware on the robot and the mobile device software that communicates with it.
- Performed exploratory testing for Android, iOS, BlackBerry in orde nor to find out if there is any unexpected behaviors found in the application.
- Create test cases that serve as detailed specification for Confidential Drive features for Functional Testing, Regression Testing and exploratory Testing.
- Test mobile application ( Confidential Drive) on Android OS for Samsung, Nexus, Dell, HP, Nakasi and Asus devices.
- Execute functional and regression testing on Android K (Android 4.x), L (Android 5.x) and M releases.
- Engaged in test plan development and iOS/Android app functional and UI testing
- Design and development of test rigs for app-test automation using Xcode/ Robotium Selenium.
- Extensive use of Android Device Monitor to capture the logs in debugging mode .
- Evaluate audio/video files and analyze metadata XML to verify conformance to specification.
- Work with broadcast engineers/technicians to rectify issues related to audio/video processing.
- Monitor audio/video transcoding, encryption, and delivery systems detect performance problems.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of issues to the bug logging system (Buganizer).
- Conduct exploratory testing and smoke testing on the application on need basis.
- Participate in daily scrum ( stand-ups), agile sprint planning and weekly team meetings
- Triage defect with development team and other team members and provide feedback to engineering team on reported bugs
- Expert with Test documentation, such as Test Cases, Bug Reports, Use Cases etc.
- Inserted various types of checkpoints including text checkpoints, text area checkpoints and image checkpoints.
- Designed various test Cases with different test conditions.
Environment: HP- ALM, Android, iOS, Confidential drive, Unix, Linux, Ride
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Mobile Test Engineer
- Reviewing and analyzing business requirements and technical specifications to come up with Testing Scope
- Created and executed manual tests for functional, and regression testing.
- Performed Android app testing for User Interface, Functional and Performance
- Escalation for unresolved bugs to the concerned developers and module leaders.
- Design, develop and execute test plans for Android devices for various wireless technologies: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0(HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, MAP, PBAP)
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Documents and involved in developing the Test Plan, Design Steps and Test Cases, Test scenarios.
- Participated in Daily Scrum meeting and extensive experience using agile methodologies.
- Responsible in creation of daily Defect Report and attending the Defect review meeting, coordinating with the developers for the issues and defect raised.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and modifying the existing scripts for compa tibility with new release
- Extensive experience in writing Test cases and Executing Test cases against the various scenarios for the different cycles and phases of the Application.
- Used UNIX Commands to access and troubleshoot Errors by accessing the Error Log files.
- Participated in Design Phase, together with members of the Product team, developers, and DBAs.
- Prepared Test cases, procedures, Bug Tracking, Logging and reporting bugs using Quality center
- Conducted User Acceptance Test (UAT) with users and customers and wrote issues log based on outcome of UAT.
Environment: HP- ALM, QTP 12.0, Oracle 11g, Android, iOS, MS Office, Toad, UNIX, SOAP UI Pro 5.0, XML, WSDL, Visio 2013, Perfecto, IOS 8, Android 4.4/5.2.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
Manual QA tester
- Interacted with Project Manager/Business Analyst to understand the business requirements or use case.
- Proficient in developing Test plans, test cases based on the requirements and technical specifications.
- Conducted Mobile app testing on IOS and Android Platforms.
- Performed various types of testing like Functional, Integration, System, and Backend Testing, End to End testing, Regression and Acceptance testing during various stages of the application development.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status
- Performed Database Testing and validated the functionality by verifying the table data using SQL statements.
- Used Basic UNIX commands to get the output from servers.
- Performed Functional & Integrated software testing of Web Services through SOAP UI and Performed Data Driven Testing.
- Actively participated in daily status and weekly review meetings
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Interacted with Project Manager/Business Analyst to understand the business requirements.
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Execution and Defect Processing
- Generating execution graphs and defect analysis graphs using Quality Center.
- Setting up status notifications in Quality Center.
- Created Randomize, Conditional loops, Control Flow structures in QTP using VB Script.
- Action parameterization using input parameters in QTP.
- Written SQL advanced queries to retrieve data from Backend.
- Used UNIX/LINUX commands to view the files and logs on the server.
- Used different strategies to perform testing of web services using SOAP UI.
- Conducted regression testing using test runner in SOAP UI.
- Supported end users during UAT testing phase and defect analysis.
- Working with offshore teams.
Environment: Quality Center9.2/10.0, Quick Test Pro9.5, DB2, SQL server 10.0, Java, J2EE,, SOAP UI 2.5, XML, HTML, Windows 2000/ XP, UNIX.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Reviewed requirement specification and functional design documents for completeness and testability as well as ambiguity and inconsistency.
- Conducted Manual Testing in Quality Center and customizing the test cases.
- Conducted automation in QTP using VB Scripting for the data validation using check points.
- Design and debugging the VB Script using Data Driven testing from XML in QTP.
- Created Test Cases in SOAP UI Pro for testing web services using Assertions such as Contains, SOAPFault and SOAP Response SLA.
- Used Groovy Script to create JDBC Connection.
- Used Different Joins in SQL to retrieve data from the database and validated it against front end data.
- Checking the error log files using UNIX commands at the server.
- Defects were filed in QC and retested after they were fixed.
- Coordinated between different teams and mentored junior QAs.
Environment: MS Outlook, UNIX, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Quality Center 11.5, SQL Server 10.0, XML, SOAPUI Pro 4.5, Visio 2013, QTP 11/11.5.