- More than 16 years of IT experience and 10 + Years in UNIX (Solaris/HP - UX/AIX/Linux).
- Experience in various roles like System Admin, Production/Application Support, Web Logic/WebSphere/Tuxedo Admin, Pharmacy Infrastructure Lead,
- More than 6 years’ experience in Web logic, Web Sphere, Tuxedo Servers.
- Application support and Administration of Web logic (7.0/8.1/9.2/10 .1/11 g), Web Sphere (5.x/6.x/8.0/8.5/9.x), Tuxedo (6.5/8.1/10/12 ) applications.
- 6 years’ experience in Installation and configuration of IBM HTTP , iPlanet (Sun-one), and Apache Web Server in various environments
- Monitored and set up performance parameters on JVMs using console, BMC Patrol and Wiley 8.0 Introscope.
- Experience in automation of SA jobs using WLST, WS Admin, Korn /Bourne Shell scripts and Ruby scripting using Chef.
- Experience in configuration of Deployment/start/stop server jobs in Blade Logic
- Configuration of Web Sphere MQ, Splunk Forwarder
- Experience with SSL and digital s, site minder and LDAP.
- Experience in Oracle 7.x/9x/10g/11g using SQL Plus, Toad and Golden.
- Experience in DevOps, Jenkins, GitHub and Agile.
- Worked on Performance monitoring tools like BMC Patrol, Tivoli Performance Viewer, Wiley Introscope, Dynatrace, SiteScope.
- Worked on various tickets using ServiceNow, Remedy ticketing system
Web servers: I-Planet/Sun One web server, IBM HTTP Web Server, Apache Server.
Application Server: Web Logic (7.0/8.1/9.2/10 x/11g)Web Sphere (5.1/6.0/6.1/8.0/8.5/9. x), BEA Tuxedo (6.5/8.1/10/12 ), Jenkins.
Protocol: TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, Telnet.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 8/9/10, HP- UNIX 10.20/11, AIX, Linux. IIS6.0
Networking: Firewalls, Auto mount, NFS, DNS,
Tools: Blade Logic, JDA, Toad, Golden, Remedy, Bamboo, Jira, Wag WIKI, HP QC/ALM Site Minder (6.0), Tivoli, BMC Patrol, Wiley8.0, Juliet menu, BigIP, Jenkins, GitHub Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint, Log faces.
Languages: Shell Scripting (KSH/SH), PL/SQL, WLST, WS admin, Python/JCL and Ruby.
Databases: Oracle 7.x/9x/10g/11g, SQL
Automation Technical Engineer
- Working in CATE team looking after automation of various actions like creating DMgr, Node, Server, Cluster, removing cell, removing binaries, LDAP setup etc.
- Automation is done using Ruby, Shell Scripting, wsadmin.
- Development of Recipes, Cookbooks for WAS8.5.5.x and WAS9.x.
- After creating recipes/cookbooks, upload the same to Chef Dev using Knife commands.
- Keeping the recipes/cookbooks in Bit Bucket in UAT environment. Using Git commands, promoting code to UAT.
- Generating build using Jenkins.
- Testing the code in UAT by creating actions from Confidential Automation Services (CAS) portal.
- Setting up of the input parameters on CAS.
- Once testing is completed in UAT, promoting the code to Production using Jenkins.
- General WebSphere administration.
- Working on WAS 220.127.116.11/13 , 18.104.22.168 and IHS Servers.
- Working on Chef, bitbucket, private cloud environments.
- Working on support tickets on ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Using JIRA, working on improvement of engineering development for better performance and stability of code.
Middleware Administrator/Web Platform Support
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- As senior consultant supported various environments on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Transitioned from other vendors (TCS and HCL) to support the platforms.
- General WebSphere Application Server (WAS 8.0) administration.
- Configuring, support of 60+ Web Applications on Linux and IIS servers.
- Setting up and maintaining various domains.
- Setting up various resources like Data Sources, LDAP, JMS, user management.
- Using ServiceNow worked on lot of tickets.
- Incidents (INC) for issues like application issues, server issues, connectivity issues, failure of jobs.
- Service Requests (SR) for setting up LDAP, deployment of EARs, setting up domains/clusters/servers, restart of application servers, moving the code etc.
- Taking ownership of issues and resolving them.
- Deployment of EARs using Admin console, restarting servers, other configuration changes.
- Configuring and set up of Apache Web Servers and maintaining them. Plugin configuration, site minder setup, troubleshooting jobs and server issues.
- Worked on Oracle DB and SQL.
- Experience in LDAP migration, SiteMinder setup.
- SSL renewal experience on Linux and IIS servers.
- OnCall support on a rotation basis.
- Worked as only one onsite consultants and others being offshore.
Confidential, Sun Prairie, WI
- WebSphere 8.5 administration using console and scripting
- Worked in Middleware monitoring assessment project. Main functions were reviewing the present monitoring of infrastructure (Web Servers, Application Servers, Applications, Network, and Database) and critical applications.
- Reviewing the tools being used for monitoring, the parameters being monitored, SLAs and the gaps.
- Reviewing the P1 and P2 tickets for middleware support. Finding out the reasons for the tickets, reviewing them with respect to monitoring.
- Reviewing critical applications and their monitoring scope and improvements.
- Tools being used are SiteScope, Business Service Management (BSM).
- Out of 27 applications, only two applications are being monitored using Dynatrace.
- Tickets are being created using ServiceNow manually
- After a detailed review, provided recommendations like updating OS of the servers so that all the applications can be monitored using Dynatrace, introducing web server monitoring, monitoring using Dynatrace, integration of ServiceNow with the monitoring tools so that tickets can be created automatically.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
Project Coordinator/Middleware Admin
- Managed projects of store delivery operations for building servers for various inhouse projects, decommissioning of servers, capacity changes and DB upgrades. Followed complete ITSM process from request initiation to validation and closure.
- Was responsible for Change Management, CAB approvals, incident management and documentation using BMC Remedy.
- Lead the Pharmacy Release projects, followed SDLC to deliver all environments as per schedule.
- For each project, once requirements are determined, various environments are set up starting with Development.
- Set up includes setting up the stores, WebSphere Applications, Service Broker, Data Base, Data Source, JMS and other configuration changes based on the specific requirements.
- Configured and setup the web applications on WAS 6.1 and 8.5 thru admin console/scripting.
- Provided applications support for web Sphere applications like deployment, configuration, troubleshooting issues, monitoring performance etc.
- Splunk administration, Tivoli and BMC monitoring.
- Configuration and maintenance of Apache web servers and Tomcat servers.
- In a few of the projects, introduced DevOps with continuous integration, delivery and testing using Jenkins and GitHub
- Worked on scripting languages: Shell Scripting, WSadmin, Python/jython.
System Test Support SME
- Involved in deployment of Intercom + code and WebSphere applications in System Test.
- Carried out data base changes, upgrade of stores, pointing to external systems.
- Evaluated environment before handing over to QA team for System Testing.
- Worked on troubleshooting and resolving the Quality Center/ALM tickets for issues found. Set up working sessions, checked application logs/ Tuxedo logs, Data Base entries and other connecting systems for troubleshooting.
- Created knowledge base on Wag Wiki pages for troubleshooting techniques, RCA and resolution for critical defects.
Infrastructure Setup & Middleware admin
- Responsible for setting up environments for various pharmacy projects (15 projects) using SDLC
- Gathered requirements, documented and set up environments starting with Dev.
- Created and maintained domains/clusters/servers in WebSphere Application Server (WAS 6.1).
- Deployed application code, set up data sources, configured JMS and MQ,
- Application support of Web Applications and troubleshooting issues.
- Coordinated in creation of service broker projects and opening fire wall connections.
- Coordinated for setting up load balancer, SSL s.
- Created Promise stores in Tuxedo 10/12.
- Set up, implemented and maintained Splunk Forwarder and Apache/Tomcat servers.
- Used Tivoli for performance monitoring.
- Disaster Recovery site preparation and testing after production deployment.