- Detailed - oriented Software Test Automation Engineer with 5 years of experience performing manual and automation testing in various industries including insurance, retail and banking.
- Experience in designing testing framework (Data Driven, Hybrid framework, Behavior Driven Development) using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Page Object Model (POM), TestNG, Junit Cucumber.
TECHNICAL SKILLS:Java: Selenium WebDriver
Selenium grid: Cucumber
Gherkins: Smoke Testing
Regression testing: Functional Testing
Agile scrum: Log4j
Oracle, SQL Server: REST API
TestNG: Defect management and tracking Risk analysis
CI Jenkins: Backend Testing
Automation Test Engineer
- Created test cases based on the User stories as specified by the Business side.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the test environment using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Extensively worked on test cases involving validation of data at all levels including field level validators and UI validation.
- Used Apache Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework.
- Design, develop and implement Page Object Model Pattern based Keyword
- Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read more than 50000 data from the excel spreadsheets and load them into required test cases.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Created synchronization points by adding Explicit and implicit waits in the application to deal with timing problems.
- Mapped all the Requirements with the test cases using Requirement traceability matrix.
- Used GIT repository for efficient remote team working, also stored the framework and all the developed test cases.
- In depth understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and skilled in developing automated test scripts in Java
- Used Jenkins as Continuous Integration tool to schedule and run the automated test scripts
- Used Selenium Grid for cross browser and cross platform testing.
- Prepared SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletes of the records.
- Reported defects through JIRA and performing Regression to resolve bugs fixes
- Participated in QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, JIRA, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Firebug, Git, HTML, XML, XPATH, Oracle SQL, MS Office, Windows 7, and Agile.
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed test cases after analyzing the specifications document Analyzed the program level business and functional requirements for end to end testing
- Worked closely with the business leads, project managers and program manager to baseline the business requirements and identify the test requirements early in the project lifecycle and helped to identify the requirement gaps.
- Used log4j for logging automated steps and script errors.
- Facilitate enhancement and maintained the current Test Environment in Eclipse using Java.
- Enhanced regression test cases to implement complex testing scenarios, increased permeations of functionality testing, and increased code coverage using Selenium WebDriver
- Implemented Continuous Integration of automation framework using Jenkins
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven and Java.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java and Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed functional testing for each sprint using Selenium WebDriver.
- Wrote Selenium script for taking screenshot and also used action class to perform mouse movement.
- Performed Test Execution and defect logging and tracking using JIRA
- Connected to database to query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Performed back end testing on Oracle Database by writing SQL queries.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct Data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
Environment: Jira, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Oracle, Java, HTML, XML, SQL, Windows and Linux.
- Involved in interacting with the stakeholders, development teams, end users and business analysts in understanding the business requirements analysis, development of software testing documentation.
- Developed test cases from functional requirements, technical specification and use cases.
- Overall test management was done using Quality Center (Requirements, Test Cases, Execution, Defect Reporting and maintaining).
- Executing the test cases using the Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Firebug to locate web elements using XPath, ID, Name, and CSS.
- Involving into peer review and implemented Review comments.
- Involved in Functional testing, Regression Testing and cross browser testing across various browsers.
- Defect Reporting and Tracking with JIRA.
- Maintained overall defect lifecycle (Reporting, updating, linking to test cases and requirements, and closing defects).
- Responsible for creating and running test cases for new and existing software functionality. Run smoke, detail, system, and regression tests.
- Created and maintained project definition and testing document to provide a complete overview of the project
- Various SQL jobs, scripts were tested both manually and automatically.
Environment: Quality Center, MS Office, SQL Server, Oracle, Windows, UNIX.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Git, GitHub, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Jira.
Programming Languages: Java, SQL, HTML, XML
Frameworks: Data Driven, Behavior Driven Development, Keyword driven, Page Object
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS Access
Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Web/App servers: IIS, Apache, WebLogic