Over 6 years of Quality Assurance experience with Bachelor’s in Liberal Arts & Science to obtain a challenging position in a progressive organization where I can effectively utilize my expertise and qualifications to develop and improve the Quality Assurance aspect of the company.
- Solid understanding of Manual and Automation testing of web applications and Client Services Application.
- Expert in Develop testing scripts for manual user testing and refine manual scripts into automated tests.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) and testing processes.
- Experienced in HP ALM,HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT).Expert in writing and executing Test Plan, Test cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts, LOE.
- Experienced in gathering and documenting business requirements from client.
- Experienced in performingFunctional, Sanity, Integration, System, User Acceptance, 508 Compliance testing.
- Proficient in using different databases including Oracle 11g/9i/8i, SQL Server, DB2 and MS Access.
- Experienced in using test management and bug reporting tools including HP ALM/ QC, JIRA.
- Developed automation test scripts using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) for creating standard, textand bitmap, page, and database checkpoints.
- Tracked defects, prepared defect matrix, defect summary report and followed issues to completion.
- Pro - active, attention to detail, strong analytical skills.
- Prepared Requirement traceability matrix, Test data requirements, Test strategy, Test reports.
- Involved in establishing QA process and reviewing processes.
- Actively participated in all phases of the testing cycle including reviews and project status meetings.
- Performed system testing of the application in UNIX and Windows Environment.Skilled in adapting to rapidly changing work environments.
- Employer dedication. Excel at testing from a customer’s mind set.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be self-managed.Possess excellent communication and documentation skills, good team player, and ability to work in multitasked environment.
- Experience in Agile Environment to trace User Stories, writing Manual Test cases and log defects.Professional WORK HISTORY:
Testing Tools: HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)12.2, TOAD, HP ALM 12.5, Rational Test Suites, JIRA 6.4.
Languages: Visual Basic, C++, C#, Java, J2EE, PL/SQL, HTML
Operating Systems: UNIX, MS DOS, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2005/2008, and Windows 7.
Database: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle11g, 10g, 9i, MS Access.
Microsoft Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, MS Works, MS Visio, and Outlook
Software Quality Analyst
- Developed Test plan, wrote Test cases and executed Test cases from stories for the application under test.
- Analyzed requirements provide testing scope and proposed the testing methodologies when needed, to other members of Quality Assurance Team.
- Worked on Agile software development environment where performed testing in each sprint.
- Performed System, Integration, Regression, Smoke, GUI and Compatibility Testing.
- Performed Manual Testing for the Functionality and GUI of the application using HP ALM those cannot be automated.
- Recorded and documented results and compare to expected results using HP ALM.
- Experienced in performing Testing in different environments including Dev and UAT.
- Worked on Backend Testing by writing SQL Queries to verify the data.
- Involved in all the phases of Test Automation development life cycle.
- Developed Test scripts using Descriptive Programming and executed Test Scripts against Developed Software using UFT.
- Used UFT client desktop, made Scripts library of Data-Driven and Keyword driven testing scripts complete with Recovery Scenario and checkpoint application.
- Executed the Test scripts for the GUI, Functional, and Regression testing using UFT.
- Tested functionality of the application by inserting various check points like standard check points, text check points, table check points, image check points, and database check points in UFT.
- Detected and communicated software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
- Implement automated test queries, scripts and other deliverables.
- Participated in development meetings and Agile Development Sprints.
- Involved in Defect Analysis and Review meetings.
- Worked in Agile environment, attended daily stand up meeting, updated daily status by following RTC work flow on what was done yesterday, what will be done today, and any blocking issues.
- Attended weekly Scrum meeting, Backlog Iteration Meeting, Refining Meeting, Task Meeting, Retrospective meeting.
- Demonstrate the user stories in Demo Planning meeting in front of Stake Holder to signed off the user stories.
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Strong Experience in Manage automation efforts for multiple web applications including maintenance of existing scripts as well as creation of new scripts.
- Strong Experience in Created test plan and test cases from functional specification documents.
- Strong Experience in Manually executed Test cases and Test Scripts after reviewing the business requirement document and technical specifications and responsible for updating existing test cases against the requirements.
- Actively participated in iteration planning meetings and reviews to review impacts on test plan and test strategy of any changes made and new functionalities added in new builds.
- Presented test cases at cross functional test cases review meetings with test team, system analyst and product management teams and have emphasized need for better change control process for critical user stories.
- Met with business analysts to understand business functionalities, requirements and designed test cases to satisfy Client requirements.
- Worked in Agile environment, attended daily morning stand up (scrum) meetings, updated daily status on what was done yesterday, what will be done today, and any blocking issues.
- Wrote SQL queries using SQL plus and SQL Developer for backend testing of the applications.
- Wrote, tested and debugged complex SQL queries involving multiple joins and conditions on Oracle RDBMS.
- Strong Experience in Developed test cases and test scripts for Functionality and Regression Testing using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Imported data from the Database to the Data table and performed Data Driven testing with different Data sets for reports generation module in HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) .
- Responsible for performing web test using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) for checking page contents vbscript, descriptive programming, web objects, frames and tables.
- Responsible for creating the test cases in HP ALM and mapping them with the requirements.
- Strong Experience in Analyzed Business Requirements and System Specification documents and created Test cases and executed Test cases in HP ALM.
- Provided defect status reports & test-case execution reports on weekly basis using HP ALM.
- Performed sanity, integration, regression and system testing to verify incremental and existing functionality of various demand builds during each iteration.
- Executed test cases on development builds and did bug logging and defect tracking.
- Interacted with developers, system analysts, product management, external customers, user interaction and usability testing groups and customer support on a regular basis.
- Performed User Acceptance Test using different module of the application.
- Involved in project review meetings and discussed issues, status for tracking the progress with project teams.
- Strong Experience in Prepared minutes of meetings and test summary reports to communicate the results of testing effort to higher management.
- Provided daily and weekly project status reports and escalated issues to the Manager as well as Providers as needed.
- Experience in Agile Environment to trace User Stories, writing Manual Test cases and log defects.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA.
- Strong Experience in Developed test plan and test cases, test scenarios for different modules of the application.
- Strong Experience in Responsibilities included Manual, GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, End-to-End Testing, Database Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Strong Experience Atlassian tool administration knowledge on JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong Experience JIRA Administrator with experience customizing JIRAprojects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required and users while working in a JIRA environment.
- Strong Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA.
- Experience Work with JIRAfilters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields, and JIRA administration.
- Strong Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language).
- Strong Ability to construct Confluencepages and integrate JIRA projects with Confluence pages.
- Strong Experience in performingAtlassianinstallations, migrations, and plugin installation.
- Experience Engage with end-users to capture and document functional and operational requirements.
- Implemented Automated-testing methodology.Automated the functionality and interface testing of the application using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Insert Object Data Verification Check point on Quick Test Professional (QTP) automation testing tools.
- Verify Back end Data after interacted with front-end Automation Test scripts.
- Used QTP for object repository creation and maintenance, used regular expression, re-usable actions, data table, checkpoints and recovery scenario.
- Experience to Analyzed the requirements and use cases,certified application-specific software performed ambiguity reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents
- Developed and documented effective test procedures, which effectively directed other's work. Lead brainstorming sessions to identify key testing concerns and prevent insufficiently broad testing.
- Imported data from the Database to the Data table and performed Data Driven testing with different Data sets for reports generation module in Quick Test Professional (QTP) .
- Verify test approach, validate build stability, test and evaluate, and achieve acceptable mission.
Environment: Windows Server, Java, Java Script, HTML, UNIX, SQL, TOAD, Oracle, Web Logic, Quick Test Professional (QTP) 11.5, Quality Center,Rational Clear Quest.
Confidential, New York, New York
Software QA Tester
- Generated and implemented Test Plans, Test cases on different applications.
- Reviewed Business Requirement Documents and Functional Specification.
- Analyzed the business requirements and involved in the review discussions.
- Participated in high level design sessions.
- Participated in the QA activities for various releases in the Project.
- Drafted test cases based on Functional Specifications and System Specifications.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to establish traceability between requirements and test cases.
- Involved in Manual Testing of the application for Negative and Positive scenarios.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Integration and End to End testing.
- Performed Data Validation and Data Integration for Back End Testing using SQL Queries manually.
- Analyzed the Discrepancies, severity, tracking system and reporting through HP Quality Center (QC).
- Reported issues into the bug reporting system and follow up with the development team until it gets resolved using HP Quality Center .
- Actively participated in the team meeting with the developer and business Analysis to understand the test requirements effectively.
- Involved in testing the applications during System testing, Integration testing and Regression testing.
- Provided a comprehensive final document which contained detailed statistical analysis of testing results, conclusions and guidance and suggestions of ways performance may be improved.
- Worked with the users to write requirements, design scripts related to the application testing.
- Linked the Test requirements and procedures in HP Quality Center .
- Actively involved in testing the online screens, batch process that was used to run and maintain the functional process of the application.
- Involved in capturing the test results, which were analyzed for completeness of coverage, percentage executed and percentage passed.
- Utilized HP Quality Center as a request tracking system for tracking the Defects and generating reports.
Environment: HP ALM, HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) 11.5,Windows XP, SQL Server 2008.