- Around 7+ years’ experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing, Manual Testing, Automated Testing in Web, Windows, Server - Client Applications and Databases/ETL in variety of Applications.
- Extensive experience with tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Junit/TestNG, Load Runner, Quality Center, JMeter, JIRA, HP UFT / QTP and SOAPUI.
- Good hands on experience in Development of Automation Scripts, Execution and Analysis Test Results using Hybrid, Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Cucumber framework
- Expertise in Test automation using different Automation tools/techniques, Unit testing by using Selenium Web Driver / IDE / GRID , TestNG , FirePath , running scripts, Debugging scripts in different environment, Extracting Test results, Cross browser testing, and data validation.
- Experienced in designing customized hybrid framework (Keyword Driven & Data Driven) using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNg & Apache POI.
- Experience on working SOA, XML, XSD and XSL, XPATH and designing Web Services using WSDL, SOAP, RESTFUL and used Testing Tools for Web Services like SOAPUI, RIT API Testing
- Experienced in using Version Control Tools like CVS, SVN and GitHub.
- Proven ability to work with Appium tool integrated with complex architecture to automate Mobile Applications and executing test cases for validating GUI and system functionality on desktops and mobile devices including Android and iOS.
- Sound knowledge on Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Extensive experience in writing and implementation of complex test plans, design, development and execution of test scripts for system, integration, UAT and regression testing
- Experience in Automation testing suite Salesforce CRM application using Selenium WebDriver Java bindings.
- Experience in Automation testing suite for Accounts, Contacts & Opportunities module in SalesForce CRM Application.
- Good experience in Automating the application using Java and SalesForce technologies with Selenium Web driver, QTP/UFT and RESTful WebServices
- Involved in reviewing Functional specs, user documentation and use cases and developing Manual Test Cases out of it.
- Have experience in Blackbox and Whitebox testing.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing frameworks using QTP integrated with QC (ALM).
- Involved in Data Warehouse Testing using ETL tools and Database Testing.
- Performance Testing on HP LoadRunner, JUnit.
- Experience in using various kinds of Defect Tracking tools like BugZilla, Clear Quest, Test Director/ Quality Center (QC), Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Team Foundation Server and JIRA.
- Involved in entire Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug Life Cycle from Inception, Transformation to Execution, which includes Design, Development, and Implementation.
- Good Understanding in Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
- Expert in using SQL queries (Toad, SQL*Developer) and Stored Procedures for verifying the database integrity.
- Involved in entire QA Life Cycle, which includes Designing and Developing and Execution of the entire QA Process and Documentation of Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts for Manual and Automated Testing using Mercury Interactive tools.
- Proficient in writing and analyzing Business/ System Requirements documents and Use Cases, preparing Test Logs and Summary Reports.
- Good programming skills in Java, Ruby, VB Script, PowerShell Script, Python, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and experience in SQL Server, Access, Oracle, Cassandra, Hadoop(HUE) Databases
- Excellent interpersonal, team player and multi-tasking skills, participated in daily stand up meetings, status meeting and retrospective meetings in a distributed team environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID/RC 2.4, Mercury QTP 12.0, HP Quality Center, Jmeter, Cucumber, Firebug, FirePath, Fitnesse, Soap UI, Microsoft Visual Studio, Android Studio, HP UFT and IBM RFT.
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, Appium, TDD, ATDD, BDD, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid and Modular Frameworks, JBehave, ATF (Automation Test Framework), Page Object Model, and Backend Testing.
Testing: Integration, Functional, Regression, Performance and Load Testing, Manual Testing, Black Box and White Box Testing.
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services and SOAP UI.
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, Visual Studio TFS, JIRA and Bamboo, SVN, Git
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Spiral and Waterfall.
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Gherkins and Hudson.
Databases Technologies: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, OLAP and OLTP, Oracle, MS Access 2013/2010, TSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, DB2 and MYSQL.
Operating Systems: Windows 10, UNIX and Linux.
Firefox Add-ons: XPath and Firebug.
Networking Protocols: HTTP, FTP, SNMP and SSH,TCP,UDP,ICMP
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, TDD methodologies, SDLC using Waterfall, Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing.
- Designed, developed and implemented POM based automation testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA & Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG)
- Used HP UFT with VBScripting for Window based applications.
- Used Appium for mobile app testing Android and iOS. Integrated Appium for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Used Android SDK and set up mobile device Emulator to test application and to get log files
- Performed ETL and Database testing, wrote complex SQL queries, for Data Profiling, Data validation, Source -2-Target Mapping and BI Report Testing.
- Tested application and filed defects using Quality Center/ALM and TFS.
- Involved in Mobile Testing includes App Testing. Test automation for web application using Cucumber
- Worked with Source version control tool such as Git.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Worked on developing scripts to automate Rest API using PowerShell.
- Designed REST/HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium Web Driver and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
- Experienced in writing parsing scripts using Python and PowerShell for xml validation and verification
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Used Firebug to do web based testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Responsible for planning, executing and managing the UI automation scripts written in AngularJS using Protractor Testing Framework.
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Tested Fraud related data which is present in Cassandra(Datastax) database, Hadoop(HUE)
- Worked as onshore coordinator for RPA implementation
Environment : Java, Selenium WebDriver, Agile/Scrum, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, XPath, Eclipse, SOAP UI, JIRA, Git, Firebug, HTML, XML, CSS, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, DB Fit, Oracle, JMeter, PowerShell, Windows, Protractor, POI, IOS Simulator, Emulator, Automation Engineer, Cassandra DB, Hadoop(HUE) DB
Confidential, LA, CA
Test Automation Engineer(QA)
- Design & Develop automation framework using Selenium Java, WebDriver, TestNG & apache POI
- Converted existing QTP Script to Selenium Webdriver script to support multiple browsers using Java, Selenium, and TestNG
- Involved in documentation of the Automation Design Framework.
- Automated Accounts, Contacts & Deals module in SalesForce Application.
- Develop test automation framework based on Page Object Model, TestNG and Selenium Web driver to reduce code and better maintenance for the Salesforce Application
- Identifying manual test cases for Test Automation and check for the feasibility
- Implemented open source tool Appium, Selenium Web Driver for cross browser and cross platform web/Mobile testing.
- Part of short sprints in an Agile Scrum software development model.
- Documented software defects, and bug tracking using HP ALM QC, and reported defects to software developers.
- Created web UI tests using Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium WebDriver (tests written in ruby)
- Worked with Teams to create Acceptance Test Driven development (ATDD) test suite using Ruby and Cucumber.
- Coordinated efforts between product development teams and offshore enterprise test team. Standardized QA standards and practices across teams where possible. Involve in BDD framework using cucumber
- Developed test plan, test cases, execution of test cases, reporting, tracking defect using HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Used Ruby, cucumber to create and validate the test cases.
- The entire Ruby scripting done using Cucumber framework, Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Utilized SVN repository in order to perform efficient remote team working. Checked in all tested PL/SQL code in SVN and maintaining versions of PL/SQL codes.
- Involved in integrating server side java code with UI components using JSON, XML and used AJAX & JSON communication against RESTful web services.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Used JDBC to invoke Stored Procedures and database connectivity to Oracle.
- Written several SQL queries and analyzed them to validate the business rules in Oracle database through SQL Developer as part of Backend testing.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, Hybrid Framework, ATTD, HP ALM QC, TestNG, POM, JIRA, Cucumber, Jenkins, SOAP and REST, JSON, XML, Appium, Oracle, SQL, SVN,PL/SQL, ruby,Quality Center.
QA Automation Engineer(QTP)
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document (BRD), developed Test cases and Test scripts for the application under test.
- Actively participated and Interacted with product management teams in the review and analysis of functional requirements.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts and logged defects in JIRA.
- Involved in performing Functionality testing, Validation testing, Negative and Positive Testing Integration testing, testing manually on the first release of the application.
- All the test scenarios that have been satisfied with the functionality are moved to automation testing.
- Developed test scripts and test cases using QTP/UFT, Quality Center QC ALM.
- Developed regression scripts using VB Script Function, Descriptive programming.
- Identified all major Defects prior to End to End Testing.
- Automated the functionality and interface testing of the application using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Peer-to-peer Review of automation test cases
- Using QTP created the data in data table and Parameterized the test data.
- Mapped the custom objects to the standard objects where necessary, and inserted GUI, Bitmap and Text checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using Quick Test Pro (QTP)
- Created Test runs, Test cases, Mockups, Process Flow diagrams from the functional documents.
- Created RTM Metrics, ensured the Test Planning, Testing Strategy, Test cases, Flows are capturing and covering all the Functional/Non-Functional requirements.
- Verification and Validation of various different applications of database and GUI by using QTP.
- Actively involved and contributed in the process of extracting, Loading and Change Data Capture(CDC) running ETL Testing
- Used complex SQL Queries to perform back-end data base testing.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Generated test execution/defects report from Quality Center and participated in weekly/daily test execution status review meetings.
Environment: Java, Bugzilla, FireBug, Quality Center, QTP, TOAD, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, HTML, Agile, MS Office, SOAP UI, UNIX.
Software Engineer (Functional, Web Services testing)
- Prepare/Review Test plan, Scenarios and Test Scripts to test functional requirements related to CTCS End-to-End application.
- Responsibility in providing updates during daily scrum call /Daily standup call
- Handled several CTCS integrated and independent Release initiatives.
- Coordinating with team in reviewing the scripts/conditioning the data base and helping in following in up from onshore developer or project management.
- Performing Sanity check and verifying the Performance of the systems in RIT Tool
- Generating test cases according to stories specified in RTC tool for each sprint.
- Automated the scripts in RIT tool for regression/smoke suite execution.
- Validating the response in TSYS - V region mainframe application
- Supporting Production in every integrated and Independent release, by certifying CTCS services from our end.
- Interacted with the development team to report bugs and discuss the status of bugs with open status or hold status.
- Actively participated in enhancement meetings, project review meetings, Weekly status meetings and various other meetings which were focused on making the application more effective.
- Involved in various documentation tasks such as daily status reports, weekly progress reports, Requirements traceability Metrics (RTM) and defect logs.
- Do a detailed analysis on the Rejected defects and Post Production Defects and took corrective measures to avoid the same in future.
- Extensively used Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) for test Scripts, bug tracking and reporting.
- Analyzed the performance based on the reports generated
- Used Quality Center to manage testing and track test results for each build and report defects detected.
- Performed GUI, Regression and data driven Testing
- Used Test Director for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status using Quality Center.
- Preparation of Test Cases as per the functionality requirements in the Quality Center and mapping the requirements to the test coverage to ensure proper coverage.
- Used Web Services - WSDL and SOAP for at the client side and used SAX, DOM and XML parsers for data retrieval.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using Soap UI.
- Involved in Regression testing of each build during the various phases of the application using QTP.
- Automation of test scripts was done using QTP for test re-usability of different online transaction modules.
- Experience in creation of library functions, Checkpoints, Data Validation Descriptive Programming using QTP 11.0. Experience in Data Driven and Keyword Driven testing.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using waterfall.
- Responsible for providing regular status report to the management
Environment: HP QC, RTC, RIT, TSYS - V Region Mainframes, TSYS Docline, DartNet Tool, TOAD, Splunk, SOAP UI