To obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a QA/Software Testing Engineer. I am a dedicated and result focused individual with 10+ years professional experience and a passion to quickly learn and adjust to new environments and technologies.
Databases: DB2, MySQL, Oracle, MariaDB, SQL Server
Systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix, Apple, Android, VPN
Software: MyEclipse, Accurev, NetBeans, Microsoft Office Suite, Squirrel, Toad, Putty, WinSCP Adobe Suite, Outlook, Sungard Omni, Perforce, JMeter, Firebug, JIRA, Rally, Memcache
Automation Frameworks: Selenium, QTP, Watir, cPamie
Principal Quality Assurance Engineer
- Involved in Agile/Scrum product development environment
- Work closely with project team and developers throughout project lifecycle to deliver high quality projects in monthly iterations
- Create test plans and detailed test cases for various user interaction and requirement based scenarios (positive, negative & boundary)
- Implement and complete manual, functional, regression, security and automated testing including data validation of client facing, web, and internal systems/functionality
- Maintain regression tests and evaluate results on daily basis throughout iterative development cycle
- Complete detailed backend and database verification of account structure and financial processing configurations, data, and results
- Complete testing and verification of incoming and outgoing file generation, processing, and delivery including account formations, financial transactions, statements and confirmations, and results
- Provide expertise and recommendations from testing perspectives within project team to contribute to success of development iterations
- Provide deployment and continuous production support and research for delivered projects
- Participate in efforts for continuous improvements in workflows, refining of best practices as well as interviewing, and of new team members
- Work with external partners, or processing entities through processes to ensure processing,, and quality standards were met and maintained.
Quality Assurance Engineer Team Lead
- As team lead, was responsible for managing group of 5 quality assurance engineers tasked focused on larger scope, quarterly release projects
- Worked closely with team to review product requirements, balance project scope, and develop and execute detailed test plans and strategies to ensure high quality project results
- Researched and implemented web automation tools including Ruby with Watir, Python with cPamie, and Selenium
- Created web based tools using PHP, including an account transaction simulator to aid in testing/verification of new features, and financial processing.
- Completed manual, regression, security, and automated testing of client facing, web, and internal functionality
- Maintain and expand regression test suites and evaluate results against staging environment
- Responsible for deployment/release testing, and on - call / continuous production support
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Worked closely with developers, and product managers to create test plans and detailed test cases
- Supported and maintained home grown Perl based web automation suite
- Implemented a backend automation suite to verify process execution with Expect
- Completed extensive and detailed backend / database verification of account structure, and financial processing
- Implemented and completed manual, regression, security, and automated testing of client facing, and web functionality
- Completed testing and verification of file generation and processing including financial transactions, statements/confirmations, and account information
- Maintain and expand regression test suites and evaluate results against project staging environment
- Responsible for deployment/release testing, and on-call / continuous production support
Owner, Operator, Developer
- Worked to design the look/feel, layout, user flows, functionality, content, wording and messaging of application.
- Worked to established agreements with sports statistics providers and fantasy sports podcasts and implement PHP based API framework to gather, validate and persist data to database.
- Implemented extensive Cron based run schedule for different aspects of data acquisition, processing and manipulation.
- Implemented PHP based API framework to handle data requests from the application on Android and iOS devices.
- Designed and implemented complete MySQL/MariaDB database model/structure including backup / redundancy measures.
- Implemented data cache layer in Memcache and implemented its use across API processing to improve and ensure efficiency and speed of API response.
- Completed API performance testing utilizing JMeter. Established benchmarks and had regular test intervals for a set of sample API calls including bulk load testing.
- Worked with overseas freelance developer for UI development in Android and iOS. Worked to relay data/product information including requirement and design documentation. Reported and worked through known or reported bugs/issues, and established timeframes and release dates, as well as completed testing and verification through multiple app version releases for Android and iOS.
- Implemented staging environment/versioning for validation and verification of functionality before update app version went live.
- Designed and created a “brochure” style website for applications.
- Implemented an automated Twitter news feed based on active/recent news records in database.
- Implemented and managed Twitter and Facebook social media accounts along with other initiatives to market and gain exposure for Applications.
ConfidentialQuality Assurance Engineer
- Established fully functional PHP/MySQL based social website
- Secure user and account structure
- Completed database and functional design / implementation
- Messaging, blogs, photo upload/gallery, friend lists, privacy controls, and calendar features
- Implemented secure recurring payments acceptance