- 11 years of professional experience in Software Industry, Expertise in End to End Testing Solutions with focus on Business Intelligence, ETL testing, Databases, Web services, Client - Server applications, API testing.
- Good knowledge on Mainframes
- Extensive, specialized and advance knowledge in Testing Processes, Tools, Systems, Frameworks and Methodologies which are utilized while executing client projects.
- Domain expertise in Capital Market - Trading, Banking and Finance sector, Confidential, Mortgages and Telephone Banking.
- Extensive experience in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect Life Cycle (DLC). Participate in complete testing Lifecycle, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Execution, & Defect Report.
- As an ETL Tester responsible for
- Verify the Tables in the Source System
- Source to Target Count Testing
- Source to Target Data Testing
- Apply Transformation Logic
- Verification of Data Loading.
- Very good knowledge in writing, executing and debugging advance SQL queries.
- Hands on experience in Informatica PowerCenter 10.2 tool
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Having good understanding of relational databases.
- Supported and Monitored Production deployments and track high Priority defects and Production Issues on day-to-day basis
- Worked with Business analysts to understand the business and involved in walkthroughs, and periodical meetings to come up with project plans.
- In-depth knowledge of all QA Phases that include Manual, Functional, System, Integration, Regression Testing End-to-End testing.
- Member of Risk Management team to identify, analyze, plan, mitigate, track, control and communicate risks through a pre-defined management process.
- SME & Only POC of Feature List Module for requirements creations from Test Artifacts.
- Experienced in Integrating and coordinating testing activities into software development activities.
- Strong ability in developing SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted
- Working knowledge on various types of data feeds like: XML, DB2, Oracle and Flat files.
- Strong working experience in the Data Centric Testing, Data Analysis, Design and Development
- Supporting multiple projects, while maintaining strong quality and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills, documentation skills and presentation skills
- Self-starter and ability to present ideas in a concise, logical and well-organized format
- Strong leadership skills; able to prioritize, delegate tasks, and make sound decisions quickly while maintaining a focus on the bottom line
Operating System: Windows, UNIX
Environment: Client Server, Web Server
Database: DB2, SQL server
Internet Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 10.2 tool, Eclipse, Test Complete, Application Lifecycle Management STLC tool, SharePoint Tool, JIRA, Clarity, DB Artisan, Mainframes
Other: XML files verification and validation, DB2 SQL - basic SQL commands, Perl basic commands
Quality Analyst and Database expert
- Ability to lead large enterprise database testing projects, including facilitating meetings.
- Schedules and prioritizes work and activities to meet target schedule, quality, scope, and cost objectives.
- Follows enterprise standard test processes according to established procedures.
- Creates ETL test scripts and performs test execution, including regression.
- Writes SQL queries including complicated joins to verify proper mapping of data elements
- Tracks quality assurance metrics such as test execution, defect densities and open defect counts.
- Creates and maintains Testing Status Reports for large complex projects.
- Ensures deliverables meet audit criteria.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present findings to senior management.
- Strong collaboration skills: works with project team to ensure project objectives are being attained.
- Works with business line and development teams to understand data mapping documents, requirements, and design.
- Strong focus and experience in Database and ETL Testing
- Work in Agile model
- Responsible for Service Testing and Tools (SOAP UI)
- Creating SQL queries
- Keep track of task progress on weekly basis along with the hours tracking
- Client interaction: project progress reporting, bug reporting etc.
- Active participating in the Crisis calls related to ongoing production issues
- Configuration Setup - Configuration of test bed Setup
- Assist team Members to help them to perform various testing activities and monitor same
- Responsible for coaching, developing and managing project staff to ensure business practices are effectively implemented and followed.
- Performed QA and project knowledge transfer activities to trainees.
- Obtain customer requirements and expectations from the end product.
- Responsible for creating a test plan.
- Analyze the functional and designs test scenarios and test cases.
- Responsible for 100% test scenarios and test cases and functional coverage.
- Managed estimation for test preparation and test execution.
- Handled task allocation to testers and support in testing and tracking daily progress.
- Verification of functionality and GUI of application.
- Document results of testing and report any defects in a clear and comprehensive manner.
- Monitor and update defect reports as needed including defect closure report.
Senior Consultant (Windows and ETL Tester)
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Record count check from the intermediate table to the target system.
- Ensure the key field data is not missing or Null.
- Check if the aggregate values and calculated measures are loaded in the fact tables.
- Check modeling views based on the target tables.
- Data check in dimension table and history table check.
- Data threshold validation check.
- Record count check, before and after the transformation logic applied.
- Data flow validation from the staging area to the intermediate tables.
- Surrogate key check
- Identified the test cases to be automated and performed data driven testing.
- Create functional and non-functional test cases that verify requirements and validate functionality
- Execution of Test Complete test scripts and reporting defects.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Provide testing status on all activities including participating in defect and team meeting utilization of expertise.
- Performed Input Validations, User Interface Validations, Browser Compatibility testing and Navigation testing.
- Performed Backend testing to verify the data integrity by passing SQL Queries.
- Validation in the XML files.
- Verification of XML Ingestion process through Perl script.
- Result XML verification and DB tables validation.
- Creation of daily progress report.
Consultant (Desktop & ETL Tester)
- Responsible for preparation of test strategy, identifies test team and finalized team structure.
- Data validation over Source to Staging Tables, Reporting Table modifications and Database testing
- Count check
- Reconciliation of records with the data at the source
- Checking of Data type
- Removal of duplicate data
- Ensure all keys are in place
- Create, design and execute the test plans and test cases
- Test the flat file data transfers
- Client communication and reporting, Sending Daily and weekly status reports, bug reporting,
- Clients meetings, Preparing MOM.
- Configuration Setup - Configuration of test bed Setup.
- Assisting the Team Members to perform various testing activities.
- Performed QA and project knowledge transfer activities to trainees.
- Responsible for providing effective and complete testing solution
- Responsible for review and implementation of best fit solutions among options evaluated
- Responsible for preparation of test strategy documents
- Responsible for task assessment and estimation
- Create, design and execute test plans and test cases
- Responsible for delegation and management of resources, creation and tracking of KPI, defining individual responsibilities, goals and workloads for the team.
Associate Consultant ( Desktop & Mobile Tester)
- Responsible for Business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Supported Production deployments and Monitored and track high Priority defects and Production Issues on day-to-day basis tested the application on various generations of Android and I phone.
- Performed compatibility testing with various mobile handsets to ensure that functionality working as expected.
- Involved in writing Requirement Tractability Matrix (RTM) detailed Test Plan and Test scenarios.
- Working closely with project manager and Project team to learn about the project functionalities and provided testing timelines.
- Logged defects encountered in the application through JIRA during test cycles and conducted fix verification.
- Tested the application under different networks and Internet speeds including on 3G, 4G/LTE and Wi-Fi.
- Involved in testing application on different mobile Platform such as iOS and Android devices.
- Involved in all stages of testing process Development of Test procedures and Test cases based upon requirements for regression test.
- Attended Demos and met with Client for User Acceptance and providing QA Signoff on the testing.
- Tested Web app, Native app using SeeTest for automated the mobile testing and run the scripts for multiple devices with VBScript using QTP, and also perform manual testing according to the requirements.
Associate Consultant ( Desktop Tester)
- Understanding and analyzing the requirements.
- Interaction with the BA’s for more clarifications on requirements.
- Closely working with the DEV team for issue resolution.
- Attending meetings on outstanding Defects raised by different teams.
- Preparing weekly dash boards.
- Producing weekly timesheets for the billing purpose for client use.
- Test case preparation and test execution.
- Executing SQL queries to verify the correct data flow.
- Defect tracking and Issues reporting.
- Requirement Creation Module:
- Feature list creation
- Requirement traceability Matrix /Feature Dependencies Matrix Creation
- Get Feature Dependencies Into ALM
- Test Case Feature Coverage
- Galaxy View for above mapping
Programmer ( Desktop Tester)
- Analyzing the Requirements from the client
- Participating in preparing Test Plans
- Preparing Test Scenarios
- Preparing8 Test Cases for module, integration and system testing
- Preparing Test Data’s for the test cases
- Preparing Test Environment to execute the test cases
- Analyzing the Test Cases prepared by other team members
- Executing the Test Cases
- Defect Tracking
- Giving mandatory information of a defect to developers in order to fix it
- Preparing Summary Reports
- Preparing Lesson Learnt documents from the previous project testing experience
- Preparing Suggestion Documents to improve the quality of the application
- Communication with the Test Lead / Test Manager
- Conducting Review Meetings within the Team