- Experienced Software Developer In Test with a demonstrated history of working in several industries.
- Skilled in Software Development and Integration, QA & Release Process, Agile Methodologies, DevOps, Testing, Test Automation, Linux, Python.
- Great communication and organizational skills. Self - starter in team and individual environments.
Broad experience in software QA, developing test, plans, and procedures for a variety of systems, software, front-end, back-end, REST API, functional, regression, and performance. v Broad experience working on software development teams representing test. v Broad experience in Test Automation and CI using Jenkins, Python, Selenium, Robot Framework, Behave v Ability to quickly understand complex systems, software, and architectures. v Excellent defect management, resource planning, meeting facilitation, and status reporting skills. v Experience scripting and coding with shell, Python, Java, C v Excellent Linux skills, working knowledge of SQL, JUnit, JMeter, Docker, AWS, Puppet v Experience developing test automation and frameworks using Python, Selenium, Robot Framework, Behave v Mentor for Jr. Engineers - value added QA concepts
Confidential, Louisville, CO
Software Development Engineer in Test
- Weather related Web-based Decision Support Systems. Led test development in multiple Agile DevOps teams; Roads Navigator, Lightning Integrator, Thunderstorm Manager, CheckTime. Participated in planning, design reviews, and code reviews.
- Developed test automation for web services, backend, REST services, and tools.
- Cloned development branches and deployed systems to provide quick feedback to developers.
- Pushed automation code in sync with feature developments.
- Maintained automation infrastructure - Troubleshooting, debugging and resolving all failures.
- Volunteered for difficult and complex test development tasks.
- Designed and implemented complex data sets for test automation.
- Developed data simulators used to automate complex tests.
- Mentored junior engineers.
- Performed software and system QA, release management, validation, writing and executing test cases and suites, documenting, investigating and working through bugs and customer issues.
- I leveraged my significant development and testing experience to implement system test and QA in our CI/CD pipelines, and to positively influence system design and product features.
Confidential, Englewood, CO
Product Test Engineer
- Engineering/Team Lead for a team that develops strategy and plans for new features and products.
- Responsible for all aspects of QA process including release planning, requirements coverage, weekly meetings, reports and metrics, defect tracking and management, physical testing, lab resources, CRB, etc.
- Developed test plans for EVT, DVT, & SVT phases in support of new products in development.
- Defined and implemented regression, new feature set, and automation priorities.
- Test environment is mixed OS, SANs, management software verification, protocol & internal firmware testing, stability, and performance.
Lead Test Engineer
- Set-up disc based storage systems, software, hardware and test environments - RAID, NAS, SAN, etc. Tested new software products in development.
- Created test plans for system, functional, performance, and fault management.
- Create, verify, and track MRs. Working in a Linux and Solaris environment integrating with various OEM software and hardware.
Senior Test Engineer
- Call Center reporting software. Developed the system performance test plan.
- The product is a multi-tiered server system that included PBX phone systems, multiple data collection servers, Oracle database and 10-100 windows clients that run the application.
- Created test plan, setup lab environment and collected data in various configurations.
Confidential, Louisville, CO
Test and Qualification Engineer
- Manage software qualification process for new storage devices, tape drives, libraries, disk arrays and features, including functional and system test.
- Updated partners on progress of feature developments and test cycles.
- Communicate critical technical issues affecting customer qualification or functionality.
- Integrate best-practice techniques into test processes.
- Manage technical information flow and product .
- Support partner test labs including troubleshoot and resolve equipment and code issues.
- Support manufacturing, marketing, and sales teams from a technical standpoint.
- Investigate and resolve issues found during first site installations.
- Coordinate test documentation. Initiate and manage bugs.
- Secondary responsibilities included being a technical liaison on field escalations for these products.
Confidential, Boulder, CO
Sr. Test Engineer
- Developed and improved test programs and processes for robotic tape libraries.
- Created software test plans for library firmware (SCSI, FC, iSCSI), local & remote management interfaces, client/server web based GUI, and robotic firmware.
- Set-up test environments.
- Coordinated and lead regression testing activities.
- Captured and analyzed various system logs including CAN fieldbus protocol.
- Certified network interoperability for switches, HBAs and storage.
- Created test reports. Initiated and tracked bug fixes. Identifed improvement areas and automation opportunities.
- Wrote and maintained test automation code (java). Simulate field problems and write tech tips.
Confidential, Westminster, CO
Member of Technical Staff - System Validation Engineer
- Coordinated and planned test programs.
- Wrote test scripts and procedures.
- Documented test reports.
- Developed and improved test automation programs.
- Performed functional, regression, stress, and integration test routines for software and firmware.
- Document, track, assist, and follow-up on resolution of product bugs.
- Release Coordinator for minor and major feature releases and bug fixes, resource planning, establishing schedules, test selection and development, and coordinating testing activities of team members.
- Project lead coordinating efforts of four team members.
- Led a team that was responsible for feature integration and system test of a web-based network management system.
Confidential, Omaha, Nebraska
- Member of a cross-functional engineering/marketing/management team that coordinates new product introductions (NPI) and feature enhancements for telecom products.
- Emphasis was on optimizing design, cost, manufacturing, and QA issues. Led in-house & outside vendor QA qualification efforts.
- Led continuous improvement initiatives using DOE, six sigma, CPk, and statistical process control for appropriate corrective action.
- Led Quality Improvement teams involved in improving customer service and automated assembly issues