- Over 7+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance of both Manual and Automation Testing of Web Applications and Client/Server applications.
- Experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle and Software Test Life Cycle in all dimensions of Functionality, Usability & Reliability.
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile project environment.
- Extensive experience in writing Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Experience in unit testing, Functional testing, User acceptance testing, integration testing, system testing, Sanity testing, compatibility testing & Security testing of client/server and web - based applications.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/IDE.
- Expertise in writing Automation scripts in Selenium using Java programming language.
- Have built a test automation framework based on Data Driven Framework, keyword driven framework, Hybrid driven framework, Page Object Model.
- Extensive experience on Web Services testing using various tools like SOAP UI and using XML.
- Expertise in working with various mobile devices such as Android & IOS, IPhone, tablets to perform browser compatibility and configuration testing.
- Experience in Appium tool, for mobile testing in Android, IOS and other mobile applications.
- Strong understanding of UAT testing methodologies and practice.
- Proficient in the testing database of applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle, and MS Access.
- Sound knowledge on TestNG framework for Unit Testing, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Expertise in functional testing using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver with TestNG testing framework.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI, XML and WSDL and in providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI.
- Expertise in SOAP UI tool to test SOAP web services and REST API.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locator's strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like Bugzilla, Jira and Quality Center (QC).
- Experience in writing SQL Procedures and Triggers in SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL.
- Experience in writing Unix Shell scripts.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team.
TESTING TOOLS: Selenium IDE, Web Driver, Appium, HP QC/ALM, Eclipse.
TESTING FRAMEWORKS: Data Driven, Keyword, TestNG, POM.
DEFECT REPORTING TOOLS: Quality Centre, Bugzilla, Jira.
LANGUAGES: Java, .Net framework, SQL, Shell Scripting, HTML, CSS, PL/SQL
WEB SERVERS: Tomcat 3.3, Apache 1.3, iPlanet, IIS
OPERATING SYSTEMS: UNIX/LINUX, Windows XP/7/8/10 & server 2003 and Mac
DATABASE: ORACLE 10g, 11g, 12c, MS SQL Server 7.0/2000 and MySQL 5.7
Version Control Tools: Jenkins, Jira, Github.
OTHER TOOLS: SQL*Developer, MYSQL Workbench, SQL Server Management Studio
Confidential, Ft worth, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in Automated Testing Process of Confidential ’s Web-Based application to meet the needs of customers using Selenium WebDriver (TestNG).
- Review Functional requirement and use case document to understand the Business logic, application requirement and technical aspects of the system.
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven framework.
- Attend meetings, involved in QA planning, coordination and implementation of QA methodology.
- Responsible for participation in writing the Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business requirements.
- Created automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver with java in eclipse.
- Worked with three Mobile Testing application simultaneously: IOS (iPhone & iPads) and Android
- Created and Executed SQL Queries using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to perform database testing.
- Updated WSDL file as needed for Endpoint, Tested request and response XML. Added Assertions to validate the response xml with database.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium, C# and WebDriver.
- Used locators, window alert text capture, checked for broken links.
- Involved in testing online trading and mobile banking applications.
- Working on Android and iOS Automation Tools (Selenium, and Appium) for testing Native and hybrid apps.
- Worked in UAT environment and verified the end results from User prospective.
- Involved in creating Test Case Scenarios, Test Case Execution and maintaining defects using JIRA Tool.
- Tested web services based on data and functions by SOAPUI.
- Validated and executed Test Cases in UAT environment in different browsers and logged defect in Jira for Test Cases.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Written and executed SQL queries and Joins, Group By clause, having clause etc. to validate the data.
- Handled Selenium Synchronization problems using Explicit & Implicit waits during regression testing.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and meetings involved in QA planning, coordination and implementation of QA methodology.
- Perform Test data creation and Scripting, Validation, Review, Analysis, Reporting, Troubleshooting.
- Responsible for Writing the Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business requirements.
- Review Test Plans, manual Test Cases and Test Scripts to ensure consistency with strategic direction, goals and objectives of QA resources working on the project with Agile SCRUM methodology.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Appium, SQL Server, Mobile Testing, Android, iOS, Soap UI, Web Services, XML, Windows R2 Servers, SQL, UNIX, HTML, JIRA, MS Office Tools, TestNG, SOAPUI.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Created Test Suite, added assertions in SoapUI tool to validate the response XML.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Responsible creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver to automate the UI components.
- Requested different versions of IOS, Android and Blackberry mobile devices
- Analyzed the Crash reports on various mobile platforms and reported to the development team
- Worked closely with Platform Subject Matter Expert's in understanding the upcoming and existing API's on different mobile platforms
- Used Microsoft SQL Server to execute SQL queries.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Tracked and analyzed Jira issues related to DB and UI. Created and loaded mock data tested the Jira issues in QA and UAT environment.
- Designed and implemented basic/complex SQL queries for backend testing and performed cross browser testing and cross platform testing.
- Worked on SOA - Web Services Technology, Validated Request and Response XML using SoapUI tool.
- Working on Android and iOS Automation Tools (Selenium, and Appium) for testing Native apps.
- Used Firebug to inspect the Xpath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Developed SQL queries to query the database find out correct data for testing and to test the backend process of the application.
- Performed data driven test and regression testing using Selenium.
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Implemented Page Objects, Data Driven frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, and TestNG.
- Responsible for the quality and completion of testing deliverables.
- Actively participated in status report meetings and interacted with other team members for technical issues.
Environment: XML, SOA, SOAP, SOAPUI, Web Services, UAT, Mobile Testing, Android, iOS, Visual Studio, SQL Server, Selenium, QC, SQL, Agile.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
QA Automation Tester
- Worked as a QA member in web-based E-commerce site development project in an agile environment.
- Involved in Functional, System and Regression testing in the Ecommerce application environment like in Websites selecting games, adding to cart, Checkout and payment methods.
- Worked on POS (Point of Sale) self check out / POS (Point of Sale) QA Testing was involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS (Point of Sale) test environment.
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirement Documentation (BRD) to gain understanding of POS (Point of Sale) implementation.
- Perform the functional testing of Web Services using SOAPUI
- Tested different functions of the POS (Point of Sale) system like scanning, payments and returns. Moreover, make sure that the system met the requirements and expectations.
- Managed and closely participated in the Project Management of POS (Point of Sale) Initiatives.
- Attended Daily Stand Up meetings and provided QA status updates on different user stories.
- Determined the scope on multiple User Stories, provided estimates based on that scope, and revised the scope in order to meet the needs and deadlines.
- Performed data validation testing using POS (Point of Sale) system.
- Responsible to verify Web services API request, response data validations in REST, SOAP protocols
- Created test planning and participated in execution for API testing using Test harness tool.
- Used Visual Basic Scripting in QTP, Generated test results using QTP and analyzed Actual Result and Expected result.
- Installed, configured SOAP UI to test Web Services using WSDL file given by Development team
- Developed data driven scripts in Quick Test Professional and executed scripts.
- Used checkpoints to check the functionality in QTP.
- Escalated Defects while studying Project Requirements and writing Test Cases by using HP Quality Center (QC/ALM) and followed logged defects.
- Participated in the Development of Internal Communication Plans to support POS (Point of Sale) initiatives.
- Used QTP/UFT for Functional and Regression testing of the application to make sure the submission and approval process of the adding/changing products, checkout and payment as intended.
- Developed Test plan, Test strategies and Test cases for payment methods.
- Participated in crosswalk testing using two POS (Point of Sale) systems.
- Performed extensive database testing to verify the results generated by the batch applications. Wrote many SQL queries using SQL query analyzer to query the database tables for correct entries.
- Developed and automate Web Services API testing using SoapUI frameworks
- Responsible for documenting the System Requirements to support National POS (Point of Sale) initiatives for the Retail.
- Responsible for POC on all National POS (Point of Sale) requirements & customer experience
- Used Quality center for Test Management, Defect Management and save or manage the automation scripts created using QTP.
- Managed and executed test cases and logged defects in defect reporting tool using HP Quality Center.
Environment: s: HP QC/ALM, Eclipse, XML, HTML, CSS, POS (Point of Sale), Soap UI, Web Services, HP QTP/UFT, MySQL, Oracle, Java, SOA, Firebug, Xpath, Windows.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Created Automation Test Scenarios according to the Business and System Acceptance.
- Involved in creating Test plans and Test cases.
- Organized and attended review sessions to review test cases / Test scenarios with the Team members.
- Supported systems team integrate CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins build tool.
- Performed manual testing of Web services using SoapUI
- Worked on SOA Web Services Technology, Validated Request and Response XML using Soap UI tool.
- Installed and tested Mobile Product Functionality and features of Android & iOS devices.
- Validated API Audit Logging scenarios using Oracle SQL Developer.
- Experienced building and executing, using SQL queries for Backend testing against SQL Server and Oracle Databases.
- Involved in regression testing for the modified builds. Raised defects by giving validations and doing negative testing on applications. Actively involved in UAT.
- Used JIRA for bug tracking, documentation management.
- Attended Tester Tech Scrum meetings and applied the thoughts and ideas shared across the teams.
- Attended Daily Stand ups, Confidential Planning, Project Increment planning, Weekly scrum, and retrospective.
- Well conversant with software testing methodologies including developing Test plans, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting manual and automation tests.
Environment: Java, HTML, CSS, Xpath, Rest API, Mobile Testing, Android, iOS, Soap UI, Web Services, XML, Windows, Mac, Oracle SQL Developer, Agile Methodology, JIRA.