- 5 years of diverse experience in the Information Technology industry with a focus on Software Quality Assurance (QA/Software Testing) activities.
- Excellent understanding of Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and Test Methodologies. Good understanding of AGILE, Waterfall software development methodologies.
- Experience in Automation Testing and Exploratory Manual Testing (Black Box/White Box Testing) on Web - based applications.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Web Services (REST, SOAP).
- Expert in developing Java Selenium/ WebDriver test scripts and Test Frameworks using TestNG to perform Functional and Unit Testing.
- Experience in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Have Java coding experience in Eclipse IDE for functional testing and regression testing for web based N-Tier applications.
- Expertise in functional testing AUT using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver using Junit/TestNG testing framework.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Experience in designing Automated Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java and writing Selenium Automation Scripts for Sanity and Regression testing.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases, Manual Testing, and automated Test Execution.
- Strong experience and actively involved in building and testing Restful Web services API using SoapUI, for UI Integration.
- Expertise in test automation and continuous delivery of web applications, client server applications, web services/APIs Testing, with Python.
- Experience in Business Functionality Testing, Smoke testing, User Interface testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing, End-to-end Testing, Manual Testing, UAT testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Documentation and Reporting.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI, XML, and WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML and get the required data from response XML and use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI.
- Experience in managing and deploying web based trade order management system to input trades.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include Soap Web Service and RESTful Web Service Testing.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Experience in designing automation scripts in order to eliminate excessive repeatable manual cycles.
- Experience in Using Quality Center/JIRA extensively for Establishing Traceability to Requirements, Test Cases, Bug tracking and Reporting.
- Exposure on Core-Java with strong understanding of API Contents, Collections/Generics, Event/Exception handling. Multithreading/Concurrency .
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, TestNG, JIRA, Soap UI, JMeter, Cucumber
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, Clear Quest, BugZilla
Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, SQL, PL/SQL, Python
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint, MS Access, Agile (Scrum) & Waterfall
Web Services: Rest, Soap
Build Tools: Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Operating Systems: Windows
Confidential, Minerva, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Interacted with the Project Manager, Business Analysts and Developers to understand the application design and functional specifications.
- Acted as Subject Matter Expert for numerous cross-functional initiatives, including redesigning of Trade Order Management System and downstream processes.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Involved in preparing test strategies for client side verifications and validations.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Extensively worked on selenium web Driver with the preferred Languages Java, C Sharp, Python, Ruby and Perl.
- Used TestNG Framework performed unit testing. Used Eclipse IDE executed and tested various functional modules in Java code using assertion.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG and Maven .
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML and Python.
- Worked on the Android module of the project where I was responsible for automating the app using Appium with python.
- Involved in API and Web Services Testing Rest.
- Extensively worked on SOAP UI and API Testing for the various XML attributes for different kinds of report generation.
- Developed manual and automated test cases to test and validate RESTful API web service.
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
- Involved in testing compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed test code in Java using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Involved in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Implemented open source web test tool Selenium WebDriver for cross browser and cross platform web testing.
- Used Quality Center/ALM for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews. Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Jenkins, Python, Maven, Cucumber, Eclipse, XPath, Firebug, Firepath, Agile, SQL, DHTML, Quality center/ALM, HTML, Oracle11g, MSWord, MS Excel, GitHub, TDD, Windows 7.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG, and Maven.
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Tested Trade Order Management System that provides a secure, fast and user friendly manual trade entry solution for Custody Only, Full service and Investor Manager Solution (IMS) clients all over the world.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium, TestNG and Eclipse IDE.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Created automated Test Suite using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Performed the White box testing using Java.
- Prepared the data for API testing using SQL.
- Performed the backend services/API testing using various systems like SOAPUI, REST API services
- Developed Session beans and Web components (Servlets, JSP) using WSAD.
- Performed white box testing using TestNG for class, method, & web services testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Automated code downloads and email notifications using UNIX Shell scripts.
- Involved in running Selenium automation scripts and updating the scripts according to enhanced requirements using selenium WebDriver and Python.
- Develop Python scripts to automate the test cases.
- Design and prepared test plans for White Box Test Approach & Test cases.
- Responsible for understanding high level (cross-Browser) business processes related to their application area and its interfaces to other applications.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Created Selenese TestNG test case for various functional modules, modified, debugged and executed using TestNG plug in to Eclipse IDE.
- Wrote test cases, implemented ran and added versions and iterations using Test Manager for positive, negative and END-TO-END Test cases.
- Wrote Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites for Lens Measurement screen, Lens Type Screen, Aftercare screen and two eye replication screens.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java / TestNG).
- Worked with designing and building automation frameworks in Cucumber BDD.
- Created automation scripts in Soap UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Performed Regression testing of applications after defects are fixed and any new functionality is implemented in to the QA. Supported the Business team for executing UAT test cases.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Attended Defect Review meetings with Developers, Tech Lead, Team Lead and Project Manager to discuss issues regarding the Open defects, resolved defects and all other defects associated to the Source system.
- Created test plans & test cases for system and integration testing of the application and execute manual test cases and automate test scripts.
- Verified data integrity by back-end testing of the application by writing SQL queries.
- Reported and tracked the Bugs through HP Quality Center and Rational Clear Quest.
- Maintained the regression suite through monitoring a series of shell scripts.
- Responsible for dealing with developers and business analysts to better understand requirements, functionality and business process for QA testing.
- Involved in developing and testing of J2EE components like Java Beans, Java, XML, Collection Framework, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, and JNDI and deployments in WebLogic Server.
- Executed SQL Queries and made sure that values entered in front end is stored successfully in the appropriate data tables.
- Coordinated with the Project Team and Configuration Management Team for build release.
- Involved in Coordinating with offshore teams.
Environment: Manual Testing, HTML, Java, MSOffice, Quality Center, SQL Server, Windows.