- Professional QA Automation Engineer with full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience, including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes:
- Developed Test Plan and Test Cases from various documents - User Story, Use Case, Functional Requirement Document (FRD), and Design document.
- Organized Test Cases in central repository and Generated Test Data from various sources & techniques - business requirement, production database, boundary, equivalence, control flow
- Over 6 years of Hands-on Quality Assurance experience as QA Automation Engineering in Nano Electronics, E-Commerce, Financial and Healthcare Industries.
- Extensive experience in executing test cases, ad-hoc product testing, reporting bugs and reporting tester status, writing test scripts, test automation using diverse testing tools like Selenium WebDriver, & SOAP-UI
- Experienced in Integration Testing, REST API Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Expert in developing, debugging, troubleshooting, resolving issue in development, integration, test, and production environment.
- Designed, developed and updated a lot of automation frameworks - REST API using Hybrid framework, POM, BDD, and TDD.
- Expert in ALM design specific to Quality Center for Testing and Defect Tracking
- Proficient in Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Junit, Cucumber, Gherkins, SQL, Apache POI, Log4j, Extent Report, Allure.
- Hands on Experience in developing TestNG Driver framework following Page Object Model(POM) design pattern for Selenium based Test Automation Framework
- Experienced in using Version Control System Git & GitHub
- Experienced in designing Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid framework.
- Backed by strong credentials worked with cross functional team and in cross-platform skills in UNIX, Linux, Windows, and Cloud Computing:
- Motivated myself to adapt and learn new tools, techniques and approaches.
- Handled multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team under tight deadline.
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber Gherkins, SoapUI
Methodology: Agile Scrum, Waterfall, STLC, BDD
RDBMS: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Operating Systems: Windows, MAC OS, Linux, UNIX
Languages: Java, SQL, PL/SQL, BASH
Test Management: HP ALM / Quality Center, JIRA
Version Control: Git, GitHub
Others: Eclipse IDE, Maven, Docker, Browser Stack
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
- Developed test cases with test data and reviewed test cases with Product Owner & Developer.
- Modified and maintained the existing test cases and scripts to leverage the automation team effort during the regression testing.
- Executed range of test cases programmatically by using SOAPUI.
- Validated Request and Response XML data using SOAPUI.
- Maintained Hybrid framework using the Java, Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Apache POI, and Log4j to write automation script and used Git & GitHub to maintain code for the future release and new features.
- Conducted to resolve continuous integration (CI) server issue by maintaining the automation script. The hook script was established the connection with Maven, Jenkins, Git & GitHub.
- Performed Functional, Regression & User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Managed resource, reviewed daily/weekly/end of spring test status reports with agile team.
- Communicated requirements traceability matrix and tracked requirements status throughout the project.
- Managed the test cases in JIRA and mapped to the requirements and ensured proper test coverage.
- Managed multiple projects in JIRA to manage the test cases, test scripts, test results and defects for all phases of QA process.
- Validated the test results by writing SQL queries to retrieve the data from tables and database.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Worked in Agile software development environment, and ensured the quality of the architecture of the Enterprise software applications
- Prepared documentation for assigned projects and followed software release procedures, requirements analysis using Quality Center for importing specifications and documents
- Provided technical guidance, when needed to other members of Quality Assurance, Software Engineering, Product Management and Product support
- Developed structured test cases and test scripts to be executed manually by testers or automatically by test automation tools
- Constant improvement of our Test Automation and Continuous Integration practices
- Documented all defects found in Test Director/ HP Quality Center defect tracking system
- Maintained Behavior Driven Development (BDD) framework using the Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit & Java automation code and used version control Git & GitHub to maintain code for the future release and new features.
- Experience all types SQL queries like select, insert, update, delete records
- Developed test suite, test cases, execute test cases and generate report in SoapUI
- Performed XML data validation using assertion method in SoapUI
- Utilized multiple validation rules, property transfers, Data generation in SOAPUI tool to validate request and response of Web Services.
- Guided team to build industry best practices into QA Test processes and evaluated quality risk for product releases, changes, and fixes
- Prepared and delivered reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization
- Tracked and communicated project QA status to wide variety of team members internally and externally
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Test Engineer
- Analyzed and documented detailed program information working and interacting with software developers and members of various other dependent departments.
- Worked as QA Tester and took responsibility for the requirements Analysis, testing and designing of the flow and the logic for the project.
- Analyzed the Systems and Requirements gathering, Data Analysis, wrote test cases and reviewed test cases.
- Modified and maintained the already existing test plans, test cases and scripts to leverage the automation team effort during the regression testing.
- Performed Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing for Web Services using SOAPUI.
- Managed resource, reviewed weekly Testers' status reports with scrum team members.
- Maintained the Selenium, TestNG & JAVA automation code in source control repository - Git.
- Managed multiple projects using Quality Center to manage the test cases, test scripts, test results and defects for all phases of QA process.
- Validated the test results by writing SQL queries to retrieve the data from tables and from database.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked in Agile software development environment, and ensured the quality of the software applications
- Architected and implemented test plan, test cases and process workflow.
- Investigated, researched, recommended and assisted in the implementation of commercial test tools and test scripts for regression testing of existing product functionality.
- Worked closely with product and project managers on the implementations of new projects and infrastructures which include change preparation, change execution as well as post-change QA validation.
- Analyzed business requirements, functional requirements, use cases and provided feedback for clear understanding of each requirement.
- Introduced, developed, documented, and periodically update the QA Test Plan, process and Procedures Manual and Objectives.
- Involved in Smoke, Integration, Regression, System, End-to-End & Black box testing.
- Participate in Daily Agile Scrum "Stand-up", Sprint Planning and Retrospective Sessions and update the team on status of upcoming User Stories.
- Designed the Test Strategy for multiple projects, defect management using QC/ALM.
- Used back-end database SQL queries to perform data testing.
- Used BASH shell scripts to check whether the data entered on the GUI is been inserted into the Oracle database properly and validated the application.