Software SME Test Engineer with over fourteen (14) years of professional experience in Quality Management, Manual & Automation Testing, System Testing, Security Testing, 508 Compliance Testing, Mobile Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Back - end testing, Negative Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Performance Testing, Baseline Testing, Stress Testing, and Endurance Testing. Strong hands-on experience in multiple manual and automated testing tools.
- QuickTest Pro / UFT
- 508 Compliance tools (WAT, Java Ferret, Object Inspector, World Space)
- Quality Assurance
- MobileApp Simulator
- Quality Center
- Visual Studio Team, TFS
- Version 1
- Note Pad ++
- AFSAS Feedback System
- RDBMS - Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, AWS
- Visual Basic, VB scripting, TSL scripting, VUGen scripting,
- Windows (NT, 2000, XP)
- C, C++
- WEB Logic
Quality Management Lead
- Provides program support for Quality Management (QM) in the development and management of USAID IT Software Policies, Processes and Standards in collaboration with M/CIO Division Chiefs, Branch Chiefs, and functional SMEs.
- Led the integration of Test Oversights and Quality Assurance Review within each IT project’s SDLC stage gate.
- Performs audits of IT projects to establish compliance with USAID IT governance frameworks.
- Responsible for the development and management of Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) at Program and Project levels to provide oversight and support to IT projects.
- Provides independent verification and validation support to IT projects.
- Reviews IT Projects Test Plan and Test Reports for approval for phase gates.
- Review and Audit Test results for all testing type (System testing, Security testing, Performance testing and 508 Compliance testing) for all PMO projects.
- Review 508 Compliance guidelines for Web and Software, and tailor to create/update Agency Section 508 Accessibility Checklist.
- Verify Test Tools compatibility with projects hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Implemented Section 508 tool, World Space, for all IT projects Agency wide.
- Updating 508 Checklist to include 508 Compliance New Refresh law that took effect January 2018 to be used across all USAID project.
- Created Agile and Waterfall Test Management Guide for the Agency using M/CIO Agile/Waterfall Frame work.
- Updated existing Test related Artifacts (Test Plan &Test Report) templated for publishing to quarterly release for agency IT Project Used
- Created Quality Management (QM) Process Description Document (PDD) and held working session meetings to review other PDD documents.
- Created Agile Test Management Guide for M/CIO for projects to follow and updated existing Waterfall and Infrastructure Test Management guide
- Created metrics to measure projects compliance with SDLC, and gather and collected data related to project compliance to present metrics to senior leadership
- Created Quality Management Process Description document, and created Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for 6 activities for QM.
- Led training sessions to educated Project Manages on importance of Quality, test planning and test reporting when it comes to their projects.
Program Test Lead
- Coordinated with the developers and design team in order to effectively change the design according to section 508 standards.
- Developed plan of actions to assist Legacy system in meeting 508 requirements
- Provided recommendation to Government APM to develop new 508-compliant system for RMI that will yield cost savings rather than investing in configuring the Legacy system for 508 compliances
- Conducted 508 Testing tools analysis of alternatives (AoA) to support 508 Testing.
- Coordinated with the management to purchase right tools for the future development and testing of the applications for accessibility.
- Provided training to developers and the management to enhance understanding of 508 compliance.
- Support the necessary changes in the design and codes to achieve 508 Compliances.
- Created 508 checklists for testing for the Dive Jump Reporting System.
- Led the Testing Development and Activities in collaboration with the Development Team
- Worked Collaboratively with Development team to ensure Sprint testing are adequate and up to Government standards during all Sprints cycle in AWS
- Lead efforts to regression test application once migrated to AWS
- Coordinated and led Functional, Regression, and Integration testing effort in Government
- Supported User Acceptance Testing and led Hotwash meeting for defect remediation
- Created Test Planning documents and briefed all senior leader to assist in understanding test process
- Led Product Code Completion (PCC) testing Effort with stakeholders in AWS GovCloud Environment with 20+ End Users.
- Provided Project Management Support
- Led defect adjudication meetings and coordination with Developers for fixes
- Facilitated test status meetings such as IMS calls, Phase Gate Reviews, and Test Readiness Review (TRR).
- Developed Testing deliverables such as Functional Test Plan, Test Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP) and Test Summary Report
- Created and presented Test Planning and Test Results to Navy Senior Leadership
- Created Monthly IPR slides for defect management for upper management
- Supported reviews of Systems Engineering documents, requirements documents, and reviews and feedback
Sr. Software Tester
- Worked as part of IV&V team with S2MS application.
- Attended Daily Status meeting with development team and provided IV&V testing status on user stories.
- Attended demo and client meetings, voice cornered during demo if new functionalities contradicted existing business rules.
- Reported defect discovered during IV&V testing to development team.
- Worked with development team when new defects were created, retested fix defects.
- Created defects reports, steps to recreate defects, and severity of defect, and uploaded it to SharePoint site.
- Created Test scripts for user stories for each Sprints and peer reviewed test scripts.
- Regression tested application during each Sprint for functionalities
- Wrote requirement for application from existing functionalities to create Requirement Document.
- Peer reviewed monthly deliverable documents to deliver to client
Performance Test Coordinator
- Performed application testing for new functionalities and Performance Compliance for AIR.
- Coordinated Performance test activities with outside Agency.
- Created daily test reports and test activity/progress recap report for Confidential upper managers for ACA project (AIR and WebApps)
- Created/modified performance test scripts, test plans, and test logs.
- Created End of Test reports for performance test and assisted Confidential client during TIGDA Audits.
- Analyzed test reports for memory leak, high response times and DB storages.
- Executed load test (Baseline test, stress test, load test and Endurance test up to 12 hours) for different applications and monitor all performance test during execution to handle issues during testing.
- Uploaded all test documents in TFS, RQM, and DocIT
- Used SQL developer to test backend functionality and wrote SQL commands to pull data for verification from frontend to backend.
- Conducted regression application test during each release using UFT.
- Communicated with developers for new/existing bugs and created bug reports for developer lead.
- Provided Project Management Support leveraging Agile Scrum
- Led OCS session during performance test, along with getting approval for all personnel to work after hours/weekends to meet launch dates.
- Held test status meeting with test partners and attended all other management meeting to provide test status report.
- Created weekly status report and monthly deliverables to send out to Confidential POCs.
- Created KISAMS and Service tickets for performance test, for getting DB logs, requesting assistance from RedHat, getting AIX reports, and getting DB supports during test execution.
- Held Lesson Learned meetings with all parties involved during testing.
- Worked remotely with teams and managed test schedules for shared test environment.
- Manage AIR project with remote team members and served as a functional test lead.
- Lead daily status meeting, backlog meetings, and planning meetings.
- Updated Scrum board with user stories status for client visibility.
- Arranged Agile training sessions and demo each new build to UAT team and IV&V team.
- Communicate with Agile Project manager on test progress and created test reports.
- Managed a test team of five and worked with product owner to create acceptance criteria for user stories.
Test Manager/Scrum Master
- Trained on and implemented 508 Compliance Testing framework for SPAS Program.
- Completed Confidential Section 508 Trusted Tester training and worked with PM to get Developers and Testers to be 508 Certified.
- Received award for having the first project (NFTS) to be 508 compliant within the SPAS program, and to have the most 508 Trusted Tester.
- Expert using 508 tools such as WAT version 3.4, Java Ferret, JAWS, and Object Inspector in evaluating application for 508 Compliance.
- Led 508 scrum team along with functional testing team.
- Cross-trained team members on the NFTS applications.
- Wrote Test Strategy document for NFTS project and conducted walk thru of documents with client.
- Created testing schedule for System Integration Testing and Pre-UAT sessions.
- Supported and trained user during Pre-UAT sessions
- Logged Defects in Quality Center Version 11 and determined the severity level of the defect.
- Synchronized defect from rational requisitepro to HP QC ALM
- Assisted QA team in uploading requirement to in Quality Center version 11, throughout the project and to match it to business process model
- Created automatic defect lifecycle reports using QC ALM reporting
- Assisted BA to created business process model using QC ALM to show client application flow
- Created Pre-UAT scripts for user to limit testing areas for each iteration
- Conducted and created deck for expectations meeting and set expectations for testing during Pre-UAT, SIT and UAT
- Communicated with Federal Project manager on testing activities weekly, providing level of effort on testing task
- Developed test plan, test scripts and test scenarios for testing and validation. Participated in the system testing and regression testing of the developed application. Organized and conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Documented business requirements to support software development
- Attended design meeting, and led JAD session with QA team.
- Implemented Agile framework
- Converted project from Waterfall to Agile methods
- Arranged Agile training sessions for both internal team and clients
- Served as the Scrum Master for the project toward the end of the project life cycle, held daily status meeting, facilitated planning meeting and conducted Retrospective meeting.
- Trained new tester to use the QC centralized repository system to gain understanding of project status, defect status and requirements.
- Worked with project manager and development team to update test team testing milestone on QC ALM
Business Analyst/Test Lead
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Served as the Sr. Tester on the Premium Accounting System (PAS) Infrastructure End of Service Life (EOSL) testing for PBGC client.
- Created EOSL Test Plan for client and test team.
- Ensured that PAS continues to provide intended services for FOD after the transition to fewer servers.
- Tested and validated PAS functionality in the new upgraded environment.
- Performed extensive regression testing both manually and using automated tool such as Quick Test Pro to validated PAS application functionality was not affected during the upgrade.
- Performed performance testing and validated application performance was not affected in the new environment.
- Created test cases and updated regression test case for ESOL project
- Coordinated the test schedule, test approach, and data preparation efforts to successfully complete testing in multiple environments
- Used Quality Center as a test management tool for Test planning, Bug tracking, and Reporting. And ensured test cases are updated in the Quality Center along with Master test plan.
- Recorded the pass or fail test cases and made a summary report of result to provide the client.
- Wrote and ran SQL statements to validate data from Database using TOAD Oracle 9.5.
- Executed trigger PSQL statements to update interest rate on database and ran queries accordingly.
- Provided Project Management Support
- Served as the Acting Team Lead for test team of five, providing LOE of project and test efforts.
- Attended meetings for test team and providing dates for test schedules and status of testing.
- Allocated resources to cover multiple projects deadline with minimum resources, while identifying challenges/constrain team can face during testing in Agile Environment
- Assisted new testers to create test cases based on high-level and technical requirements.
- Provided reports to management for software code and design errors of multiple, on-going software releases and participated with testers to document and report status of testing tasks to the Project Manager (LOE)
- Assigned testers to be in charge of Install/update software on machines in the test environments
- Provided Software Testing, 508 Compliance Testing, and Information Assurance (IA) Support
- Performed 508 compliance test on 4 different application suing Jaw
- Provided 508 test result to direct client, and assisted client with 508 UAT test
- Created technical documents necessary for Information Assurance and work with the Information Assurance team to provide support for any activities related to the approval of the system
- Created technical documents necessary for IT Change Management and work with the IT Change Control Board team to provide support for any activities related to the approval of the software
- Assisted in performing Regression, Integration, and Data driven testing using QTP.
- Extensively used SQL Queries to perform Backend Testing & trained new hire on various applications.
- Used different browsers in different platform conduct User Acceptance Test with clients
- Performed Baseline Testing, Stress Testing and Endurance Testing using LoadRunner
- Monitored/analyzed server performance in various virtual users load
- Worked closely with Business Analyst in mock up design documents.
- Assisted writing Business Requirement Document and met with client to finalize all requirements.
- Assisted in defining schedules and quality expectations to department directors, providing LOE of projects for four QA testers.
- Acted Team Lead for four tester, provided estimates for both immediate project tasks and high-level prospective projects.
- Collaborated with Software Developers & Product Development on assigned projects
- Participated in Business requirements reviews documents for new Market Mover and contribute to the identification and mitigation of risks.
- Examined/researched various software & identified and participated in the selection and implementation of test tools and techniques when firm decided use automation tools.
- Created User Stories from Business Requirements in Agile Environment by co-coordinating with the Business Analysts and other Team Members and formulated the QA Test Plan to coordinate the testing effort.
- Developed the Test Plan based on the Business requirement doc, Design and Analysis doc, Business workflows, Configuration Specifications doc, Vendor system and Subject Matters experts.
- Wrote and executed test cases based on Functional requirements for both Front and Back end Publishing Pathway applications in an Agile Environment.
- Log defects clearly and concisely per project guidelines and standards, confirm resolution of defects in a timely manner, and assisted team in Data Migration from FoxPro to SQL Server.
- Verified/Tested Application that was affected during the Data Migration, application used for Data Entry, & Assisted/Tested Application from going from C++ to .NET language.
- Performed manual testing using the test cases created earlier form business requirements.
- Recorded the pass or fail test cases and made a summary report of the pass and fail test cases and published the report after performing manual testing.
- Created, Managed and executed QTP Test Scripts for the project for different Releases, Defects Resolution and User Interface changes.
- Used Keyword driven framework to design the template of Automation Test Script and to develop QTP automation test scripts.
- Used HP Quality Center as a test management tool for Test planning, Bug tracking, and Reporting.
- Ensured that all the test cases are updated in the Quality Center along with Master test plan.
- Verified the XML Log File to check, if any exceptions are raised during the Deployment, and used Quality Center to log the defects.
- Performed testing on both Web-based application as well as different client server applications.
- Performed Load Testing (Load Runner). Created Load Test scripts with Virtual users (VUsers) and test Scenarios, Executed Record and playback and applied various loads on application successfully.
- Provided Software Engineering Support
- Wrote and ran SQL statements to validate data from Database using SQL*PLUS Environment.
- Created SQL Queries to be used in QTP Scripts for backend testing.
- Used Descriptive Programming in QTP and Shared Object Repository method.
- Worked as a BA for Legal Current projects and worked closely with production manager.
- Created mock up screenshots of page layouts for sections of public facing webpage.
- Proof read documents and looked for improvements.
Senior Software Tester
- Conducted user trainings and presentation to senior management on system features.
- Created automated test scripts and performed Front End and Functionality Testing using Quick Test Pro. Conducted Integration, Security, Data Driven, Regression and System testing on various versions.
- Performed Load testing by creating Virtual user in LoadRunner. Tested up to 1,000 virtual users.
- By using LoadRunner Analysis, generated various graphs and reports for higher management.
- Extensively used SQL Queries to perform Back End Testing and to check the integrity of the data.
- Developed, derived, clarified and reviewed functional specifications and Use cases.
- Analyzed the System Requirement Documents & wrote test procedures for front-end GUI standards in Agile Environment and Waterfall.
- Determined business requirements for Handling banking products (such as viewing notes on account/ access rights of users) and services including online banking and brokerage.
- Performed functional gap analysis and Full Development Lifecycle through RUP methodology for managing requirements, continuously verifying quality and controlling changes.
- Responsible for all post conversion issues for Retail and Fixed Income trading, operations, and statement processing.
- Written and executed unit test plans / system test plans, UAT plans, quality assurance test plans and test strategy.
- Provided Agile Project Management Support
- Acted as a liaison between the technology and business areas of the organization and Assessed new Business needs / initiatives and translated them into detailed business requirements specifications.
- Performed advanced planning of automation needs, defined business system project objectives and prepared project plan through JAD sessions.
- Provided staff coordination to assure staff and contract resources required executing the project plan are available and ready for commitment.
- Conferred periodically with both business unit and technical programmers throughout the lifecycle of the project in order to track progress, identify changes and ensure changes are communicated to both the business unit and technical staff.
- Performed cost-benefit and operations impact analysis.
- Participated in weekly meeting and discussed modification request with management team.
Senior Software Tester
- Tested the application using Quick Test Professional.
- Inserted page, text and text area checkpoints in the tests using both analog and low-level recording.
- Created multiple actions and output values for various values.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases from business, technical and functional requirement & Use Cases.
- Worked closely with SME’s to identify critical business use cases (Scenario).
- Working closely and supported developers and testers during the whole SDLC and STLC including setup of test bed, preparing test data and data loading from database for testing purpose.
- Performed Manual Testing to check the functionalities of the whole application.
- Performed Regression, Integration, Data driven testing using QTP.
- Extensively used SQL Queries to perform Back End Testing.
- Using different browsers in different platform conduct User Acceptance Test.
- Performed Baseline Testing, Stress Testing and Endurance Testing using LoadRunner.
- Monitored/analyzed server performance in various virtual users load.
- Exported testing requirements, planning tests, designing test steps, generating test templates, calling test with parameters, creating requirement coverage, executing tests using the Test Lab, and adding, matching, updating, prioritizing & mailing defects, monitoring the test process by generating the test reports & graphs using TestDirector.
- Provided Project Management Support
- Analyzed Test Plans and Test Cases based on Requirements and General Design Documents involved in both Manual and Automation Testing in Agile Environment and Waterfall.
- Attended test case review meetings and requirements walkthroughs.
- Performed in reviewing documentation for reporting the status to the project manager.
- Involved in weekly status updates of test team & discussed modification request with management.