- Dynamic information technology professional with a 20+ year record of demonstrated success in managing enterprise projects, deployments and initiatives across multiple organizational divisions.
- Possesses a unique combination of strong communication skills grounded in security and customer service delivery.
- Tenacious in building strong relationships with coworkers and external business partners.
- Exceptional mentor and coach.
- Enterprise Project Technical Lead
- Security Focused
- Vulnerability Assessment/Management Leadership and Team Building
- Large Scale Deployment
- Complex System Deployment
- Confidential CIP V5/V6 Experience
- Six Sigma Greenbelt
- Security Clearance ability
- Information Technology and Operational Technology engineering and support
- SCADA and Real Time system engineer and support
Confidential, Allentown, Pennsylvania
IT Compliance Analyst
- Technical liaison to business units to maintain, assist and enhance business systems, processes, and technologies within the scope of Confidential CIP program.
- Day - to-day development and implementation of internal policies, procedures and programs to demonstrate compliance with Confidential Critical Infrastructure Protection Reliability Standards.
- I provide technical guidance and compliance assistance regarding the implementation of Confidential CIP requirements and documentation through collaboration with various IT and business line groups.
- Supporting EMS/OT SMEs in accomplishing their objectives of monitoring, evidencing, and documenting security compliance controls and in developing technology-based solutions to meet compliance and security challenges.
- Maintain associated tools, technologies, processes, procedures, & templates under responsibility of Information Assurance, as well as assisting with the review, evaluation and root cause identification of program control deficiencies.
- Team member in recommending corrective action and suggesting improvements in operations / procedures.
- Assisting in the development and awareness programs and targeted procedure training.
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer
- Senior level, Tier III IT engineer and administrator within Arizona’s largest electric utility company’s OT process control environments.
- Responsible for engineering complex Microsoft Windows environments which ensure security, reliability, performance, and regulatory compliance with the national Confidential Critical Infrastructure Protection program (CIP).
- Directly responsible for the compliance of all process control Windows systems under CIP 5, 7, & 9 standards.
- Department lead on Solutions Team responsible for engineering security communication flows for complex Power Plant systems, while maintaining or improving security, CIP / Confidential compliance or deployment planning, with no outages.
- Primary systems and applications used are: Windows Server 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2003, 2000; Windows Remote Desktop, Windows 7, XP and 2000; VMware ESXi 4-5.1, vCenter, LogRhythm, McAfee ePO and SIEM, Seimens Symphony Plus, and numerous third party applications in support of these environments and systems.
- Engineered 5 Control Systems for Electrical Generation Power Plants consisting of Active Directory forests, domains, and all member Control System servers. Engineering included compliance with existing Confidential CIP V3 regulations as well future CIP V5 compatibility.
- Conceived Active Directory design solution that was accepted by our Security Team and Engineering Architects. This reduced our forest count by 7 at end of deployment.
- Ensured all Critical Infrastructure Protection program regulatory documentation was completed and accurate for the company’s Microsoft Windows environments. CIP team representative for Windows Engineering.
- Authored a detailed and concise Disaster Recovery Plan for power substations and critical environment data center(s), Windows Server 2008/2012 servers, and related support devices.
- Authored the Windows Servers Disaster Recovery Plan for the Head End/Mgmt DMZ and provided full system turnover documentation from Windows Engineering to Maintenance organization.
Confidential, Scottsdale, Arizona
Technical Sales Engineer
- Provided in-depth product demonstrations for our Best-in-Class suite of security application products. As a security advocate and professional, I fielded security questions from prospective clients and our extensive sales force.
- Maintained proficiency for our solutions including anti-virus, application white-listing, removable media device control and security patching for multiple platforms and 3rd party applications.
- Manager / Project Lead for Cloudshare environment where I developed product scenarios and configurations for Proof of Concept demonstrations. These virtualized product demonstrations were published worldwide as the face of the company for its flagship product. Provided analysis of Cloudshare and Sharepoint metrics and created reports for our global sales staff. Products for Demos consisted of W2k3/W2k8 VMware images, Active Directory domain controllers, Win7x64, MS Vista, MS XP clients to simulate client configurations.
- Provided support through resolution for evaluations and customer issues. Consulted customers and prospects using industry best practices for multi-platform patching. As a Subject Matter Expert, I supported everybody including our support personnel.
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
Sr. Enterprise Systems Administrator
- Developed corporate desktop Win7x64 for desktop and laptops for nationwide deployment. Provided daily Systems Administration duties and support for Cisco-based network, Windows 2003/2008 R2 active directory servers and application servers, and Win7x64 desktop and application issues for sites in Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, and Long Island, NY, as needed.
- Identified solution opportunities to mitigate possible security infractions relating to security patching and host configuration management. These were important as our network contained HIPAA data,
- Provided support for Avaya phone system, Zix Secure Mail system and Barracuda email filter. Provided administration and support for Exchange 2007, Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Server 2008/2008R2, Symantec End Point Protection, Embassy Suite Encryption software, Cisco VPN and related technologies. Supported all remote users through resolution for connectivity and computing.
- Created documentation for systems deployment and infrastructure service mapping
Confidential, Craig, Colorado
Sr. Site Support Engineer
- Responsible for all network, Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory and application servers, XP and Vista desktops, and business application issues.
- Responsible for backups and critical applications, printers and GPS equipment and applications needed specific to the mining industry. IT ERP Lead and team member.
- Process review for application support which resulted in significant cost savings for support, and reduced risk to personnel.
- Review and updating of current processes for security, compliance and safety issues, and remediation.
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
- Lab Manager of 40+ software development / testing labs consisting of 2500+ Windows 2003/2008 server, XP and Vista stations, including IPv4 LAN network design, implementation and Windows administration, security compliance auditing and complete end-to-end support for all issues.
- Facilitated custom configuration network cabinets to match partners’ configurations.
- Engineered, implemented, maintained and owned the entire Test Development Engineering networks .
- Built entire test facilities including network design, server rack builds to spec with redundant Cisco routers and Cisco & Nortel switches, loaded all Win based servers and clients for production and product testing for each test lab. Implemented Fault Tolerant Ethernet configurations for all product test networks and endpoints.
- Complete Visio documentation for each lab with ongoing updates and changes. Moved entire facility to a new location. Main products used were Cisco firewalls and routers.
- Windows Update Services Server (WSUS) infrastructure design, deployment, administration and support for United States and Canada. Managed working data backups with Arcserve and backup Exec for 300+ development engineers. Managed DMZ and resource Windows 2003/2008 R2 servers and applications for the Development Engineering Team.
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) administration and Symantec Corporate Edition AV mgmt. Process development and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) creation and documentation.
- Design, implementation and administration of AD infrastructure for SW development labs. Interface management with all internal and external vendors to accomplish projects including site security teams, safety and OSHA compliance teams, and Electrical Engineering teams for power management, implementation and design.
- ERP Team Lead for Development Engineering team.
- Loaded Confidential proprietary PCN software for test beds. Development of Corporate desktop image for 190 Confidential sites nationwide for all hardware platforms.
- Provided standards development and documentation as a corporate initiative.
- Special project team member for benchmark nationwide LANDesk Management Suite roll-out. Provide nationwide remote application support and point-of-contact for escalation of issues from on-site techs. Conducted network discoveries for target sites for use in deployment strategy analysis. Development of deployment process, related issues and backend technical support for local administrators.
- Managed corporate project initiatives such as building of application packages and remote software distribution using LANDesk Management Suite. Administration of Windows application and image servers.