- 10 + years of experience in Quality Assurance in SCADA, Maximo, OASys, portal, Mobile, Data ware housing, Client Server, Web and UNIX Environments, Investment Application and Investment Database like Mutual Funds, Stocks, Bonds, GIC's, RRSP and TFSA funds
- Experience in Software Quality Assurance in different industries like Utility, Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Capital Market, Bank and Financial Institution.
- Extensive experience in testing & verifying Business Functionality, Database, Security Standards for different client/server applications in the areas of Telecom, Mobile Banking, Brokerage/Investment, Financial, and Insurance, Billing and Investment Database.
- Experienced in testing Database, mobile, client server, multi - tier applications that are developed in ASP, HTML, DHTML, .Net, Java and VB Platforms
- Involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with major emphasis in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Experience Using LoadRunner for performance testing on intranet portals and Online Web application for telecommunication and banking websites
- Delivered all the deliverables as defined in the test planning, test execution and test analysis phase
- Created test cases Data Warehouse experience with Informatica, Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle, Unix and DB2
- Hands on experience in I nvestment product like:
- Validated Investment entries like purchase of mutual funds done from backend application not available to clients showed the same data to the client in form of summary.
- Validate the Stock order entries entered from web base application were inserted correctly in the database like Stock price, Quantity, Market price, Limit price and Stop price, Order no, etc.
- Experience in testing ETL’s and flat file data transfers without relying on a GUI layer
- Expertise in Manual, Sanity, System, UAT, Integration, Regression, Functional, Load, Network, Configuration, Black Box Testing
- Worked as Quality Assurance Analyst in testing the migrations and conversion process of Blue project
- Extensive knowledge of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence tools
- Validated the functionalities of ETLs to move data from source (Oracle) to target (Teradata)
- Experienced in Testing Database Applications of RDBMS in ORACLE, MS SQL Server, DB2 and Teradata using SQL
- Experienced in using testing tools such as Quick Test Professional, Selenium for Functional test automation and Quality Center test management
- Experienced using Microsoft Team Foundation Server for requirements management Agile Software Development and automated builds, lab management, testing and release management capabilities.
- Have through understanding of stocks, brokerage, securities, mutual funds, swift, futures, options and dividends
- Tested Data encryption using Penetration and WML testing on different simulators for mobile application testing
- Have an ability to perform multitasking and create testing deliverables according the deadlines and timelines
- Very strong analytical and presentation skills, documentation skills, problem-solving techniques, proven leadership qualities with emphasis on individual and team effort backed by excellent communication skills
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 2.6, Linux, Windows 95/98/XP/10/ NT4.0/2000 and OS/2
RDBMS: Oracle, DB2, MS-Access, SQL Server, MySQL, T-SQL, Toad, TeradataCross Database Comparator Pro, FileZilla and Putty
Programming Languages: C, C++, VC++, C#, TSL, PL/SQL, Java, JDBC, Java Script, Servlets, ASP, ASP.NET, VB.NET, Visual Basic, VB Script, HTML, DHTML, XML, UML
Automated Tools: QTP, Quality Center, Test Director, Load Runner, Control-M, Rational Quality ManagerV2.0.1, Rational Clear Quest V7.1.2, Selenium, Robot Framework.
Other Tools: Web Client, Rational Unified Process, Visual SourceSafe, Congo s, Micro strategy Informatics, IOS, Window Mobile, Symbian, HP Palm Web OS, Android, Blackberry, Device Anywhere, Eggplant, Microsoft Device emulator, Jira, WIKI and Test RailPackages: MS-Office, MS - Project, AMDOCS, Adobe - PDF, Power Point, Visio
QA Lead/ Manager
Tools: Microsoft SharePoint, SCADA, Gas ClearSCADA, PI Process Book Web Client, Power Point, Quick Control, Jira, Javas, Git commands, SVN, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and HPALM, Oracle 12c database and Oracle 11G database, Toad and Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Provide the overall guidance and develop the quality assurance strategy and test schedule and master plan (temp) for all phases of development
- Identify the test scenarios and build the test scripts with testers
- Handle multiple project with onsite team and offshore team
- Worked very closely with data warehouse testers and with development team
- Work closely with automation and performance team and coordinate testing with different team in the projects.
- Manage and lead the testing team in the planning, execution, and reporting of user acceptance testing activities to ensure that the results of a complex enterprise software development using a combination of Agile & iterative methodologies.
- Work closely with business team to build the UAT test and help the end user getting familiar to the application.
- Work closely with Solution Architect and tech lead to understand and build the environment required for testing.
- Establish regular checkpoints and testing during the development effort.
- Manage and lead end-to-end system integration testing (SIT), load testing, and UAT testing of a complex enterprise software development using a combination of Agile & iterative methodologies.
- Anticipate release issues and takes corrective measures and messages to development manager all issues and concerns.
- Software defect management and tracking management using industry’s mainstream testing tools.
- Develop and maintain quality assurance metrics.
QA Lead/ Manager
Tools: & Technologies: IBM Maximo, Microsoft SharePoint, Rtap, SCADA, OASys PI Process Book Web Client, Power Point, Quick Control, Jira, Javas, Git commands, SVN, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Stash, Test rail and HPQC, Perl Scripts, Putty and Linux/Unix and HPUX Environment, Oracle 9 database and Oracle 11G database, Toad and Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Lead test team in the delivery of test planning, test preparation and test execution activities and manage creation and review of testing documentation
- Prioritize testing tasks based on criticality to the end user and ensure that all testing activities are completed as scheduled and co-ordinate testing resources to ensure release/project timelines and deliverables are met.
- Using Application Life Cycle Management software (QC) to manage test cases, defects, QTP scripts for regression tests.
- Testing of the IBM Maximo Web based application and Critical application so that it’s fully functional with new Oracle Database of Maximo database
- Regression test of applications interfacing with IBM Maximo database and IBM Maximo application
- Involved in replacing Facman Application with IBM Maximo for pipeline Equipment’s on the fields like Valves pressure transmitters, pumps and MOC.
- Skilled in Analysis, Design and Developing test cases for SQL Objects verification and testing of Maximo database
- System Integration testing of Scada, OASys database and GUI with Maximo database and Web base application
- Validated the Scada Equipment Functional Tags are mapped correctly with IBM Maximo tags.
- Validated Cost fields, purchase price, specification, search criteria, Actions, Move location and etc. on Maximo web-based application
- Experience in Defect management and Bug Reporting using Quality Center, JIRA and RAID.
- Perform manual testing using Informatica (black-box), ensuring that content and structure of all testing documents/artifacts is documented and maintained.
- Perform ad-hoc and Regression testing of system components.
- Dry run of data flow from Maximo Application to all the interfacing applications in a parallel environment
- Identify the test data requirement for each of the test scenarios and discuss with the developer.
- Validated any Modification of data in each of the source (Oracle 9) tables by executing Update/Insert/Delete statements and validate that these changes are replicated to the landing area (Oracle 11G)
- Responsible to Validate and Analyze Maximo Reports and Dashboards to ensure that client data and report outputs are in sync with the new Oracle database.
- Worked very closely with other data warehouse testers and with development team
- Developed automation test scripts to run overnight in build serve
- Handling multiple projects for testing at a same time such as System integration projects, business application and maintenance application
- Treat all stakeholders with professionalism, dignity and respect and support an environment where people can contribute and excel
- Make decisions guided by common sense and sound business judgement. Accept responsibility and hold myself accountable for my actions and results
- Communicated with Manager, QC team daily for testing efforts and sent Status Reports as needed Weekly
- Responsible to tactfully communicate with project managers, development managers, scrum master and developers to ensure comprehensive test planning and execution.
- Conducted Smoke Testing, Unit testing, user acceptance testing, system integration testing, and regression testing and exporting testing.
- Opened the defects and set the priority and severity as per the Confidential defect life cycle and assigned to integrators and developers
- Production Issue test on live environments with SCADA operation team
- Created requirements from reverse engineering
- Performed the testing in Agile environment frequently changing requirements as per CCO operators using Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
Senior QA Analyst
Tools: SQL, Toad for Oracle 9i, Golden Gate, Informatica, Control-M, Cross Database Comparator Pro, Putty MicroStrategy Reports, Rational Quality Manager v184.108.40.206 and Rational Clear Quest v220.127.116.11.
- Involved in creating Test plans, Test cases, executed Test cases for SQL/backend test and tracked defects in Rational Clear Quest based on the Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Business Workflows, DDD(Detailed Design Documents) and ICD documents.
- Performed System Testing, Integration System test (IST), End to End (E2E), D2D Test, Environment Shakeout test, regression testing, UAT test and Production test per the needs of the application and record Issues / Defects and tracked in Rational Clear Quest
- Performed the testing in Agile environment frequently changing requirements
- Responsible to review and analyze Development work products.
- Verify business and system requirements have been met through system requirements
- Create Test Sets (also known as ‘Requirements’ in RQM) and link the test cases to Test Sets
- Prioritize test cases based on complexity and impact to business
- Conducted Business walkthrough of test cases, update test cases, provide final version and obtain sign-off.
- Validated data transfer from source Enterprise Loyalty Management System (ELMS), to the Teradata Landing Area database tables by Golden Gate and Informatica ETL
- Validated that any changes in BLUE related databases are replicated to Blue Landing Database by Golden Gate
- Responsible for testing all new and existing ETL data warehouse components
- Involved in concurrent projects to test and report the status on daily basis such as ELMS and Crystal Report application
- Performed Backend/SQL Test for Insert, Update, and Functions
- Performed volume testing, Scalability testing and Load testing using load runner to measure the maximum load the database can handle.
- Connected remotely to UNIX servers using PUTTY and FTP files across different test environments by using Hummingbird and Command prompt.
- Responsible to Validate and Analyze (Business Intelligence) BI Reports and Dashboards to ensure that client data and report outputs are in sync
- Developed SQL query to validate the Aggregate functions for the BI Report
- Conducted Smoke Testing, Unit testing, user acceptance testing regression testing and Load testing.
- Automation testing using comparative database tool
- Created requirements from reverse engineering
- Validated Report layout (Attributes/Metrics positions), Naming conventions, Totals & Grand Totals, the SQL query, Drilling options - Simple & Advanced, Date Prompts If any, Prompt ordering, Prompt Defaults (If any) and Metric Calculations
- Validated export/Print functionality, formatting Properties like alignment, scroll bar and decimal places
- Researched and document the root cause for output issues. Identified which areas are not in sync
- Communicated with Manager, Team lead daily for testing efforts and sent Status Reports as needed like Daily and Weekly
- Responsible to tactfully communicate with project managers, development managers, release managers and developers to ensure comprehensive test planning and execution
- Analyzed Test Requirements from Detailed Design Document, Technical Design Documents and Statement of Requirements Document.
- Created System Test Scenarios, System Test Scripts for Input and Output Modules
- Created Test Cases and validated Test Plans using Rational Quality Manager.
- Involved in web, content, cross browser, search optimization, navigation, link, flash, video, look and feel of the application testing of application developed in Microsoft SharePoint
- Involved in developing Entry & Exit criteria and defined pass and fail standards
- Performed Positive & Negative Testing
- Involved in multiple projects for testing other than intranet like ETL and billing application of Confidential
- Participated in daily in scrum meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues (Change Requests)
- Performed System Testing, and Regression Testing
- Performed Load Performance testing and stress testing using load runners to identify the benchmarks of the system like response time
- Tested production fixes, documented production problems and resolutions
- Conducted Smoke Testing, Performance Testing, and Functional Testing
- Effective co-ordination between development team and testing team
- Used Rational Clear Quest to track, analyze and document defects/issues
- Completed day to day assigned task and gave status report on daily basis
- Attended walkthrough meeting with the Business Analysts, Project Managers, and developers and provided feedback accordingly
QA/UAT Test Analyst
- Gathered Business and Functional requirements from the Business team
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying any missing information in the requirements and reported them to the author
- Requested the project manager to give a high level overview of the project, timelines and project milestones
- Reviewed the project plan and understood the testing deliverables and timelines
- Participated in creating test plan by outlining testing assumptions, risks & mitigation, roles & responsibilities, build management process, change request flow and entry criteria
- Requested simulated devices from Devise Anywhere for testing the functionality and integration of the Mobile banking application
- Tested application on Mobile enabled browser like Firefox, Safari
- Performed Scalability and Reliability testing using Load Runner to validate the server response time when load applied.
- Involved in testing of Mobile Banking via GUI to make sure funds can be transferred to from chequing account to investment accounts Like RRSP, TFSA, RRSP Mutual funds and TFSA Mutual Funds.
- Validated investment entries like purchase of mutual funds done from backend application not available to clients showed the same data to the client in form of summary.
- Validated the Mutual funds showed correct entries in web application like Asset class, Currency type, Number of units, Current price, Current market value, Book Value, Etc.
- Input data from Web based application and validated results in Database to make sure the fund was transferred to right table and columns and rows.
- Used Devise Anywhere for testing such as Functional/System, Integration, Regression, End to End, Performance and User Acceptance testing
- Performed testing on both Native and Web Mobile versions on Device Anywhere testing tool
- Create test cases for mobile application using non Functional requirements
- Mapped the Test cases to the requirements using Requirement coverage tab in Quality Center
- Involved in testing the Integration between Account, Bill payment, Transfers and statements on different phone hardware like Android, IPhone and Blackberry.
- Validated the following Functionality of the mobile banking application using both positive and negative testing approach: register bill payment, pay registered bills, bill payments, account transfers, add interac email money transfer recipients, email money transfers, view statements & transactions
- Executed test cases on different OS and devices to validate the Compatibility of the application by performing Cross platform testing
- Reported defects to the development team using Quality center with proper priorities and severities
- Provided daily execution and defect reports to QA lead using customized reports from Quality center
- Performed Regression testing by retesting the functionality after defect fixes on mobile banking application
- Reported and tracked the defects using Quality Center
- Conducted Smoke Testing, Unit testing Performance Testing, and Functional Testing
- Provided technical support to the UAT analyst during UAT testing
- Regularly participated in Test Review and Status meeting
- Provided planning and execution status reports to the management
Technologies: Rational Clear Quest, SQL, Oracle, UNIX, Java, J2ee, EJB, HTML, XML, DHTML, JMeter, JUnit, Java Script, Cognos, IIS, Microsoft SharePoint, Team Foundation Server and MS Office
- Gathered Business and Functional requirements
- Performed gap analysis and reports gaps from the requirements to the management
- Involved in the creation of Test plan based on the requirements and organized Test plan review meetings
- Documented detailed Test scenarios using standard Test scenarios template and provided them to the BA for sign-off
- Validate the stock order entries entered from web base application were inserted correctly in the database like Stock price, Quantity, Market price, Limit price and Stop Price, Order no, etc.
- Identified Test data based on the scenarios and provided the requirements document to the DBA
- Performed sanity checks on the test data to ensure completeness
- Experienced in Database Testing using SQL on Oracle for Equities, ETF’s and Stocks Options, Mutual Funds and Fixed Income,
- Validated the file transfers (ETL extracts) from Source systems landing database
- Performed Back end testing by writing SQL statements like Join, Inner Joins, Outer joins and used TOAD and SQL Developer and Teradata SQL Assistant.
- Involved in two application simultaneously to test online trading application and Cognos Reports
- Created detailed Test cases using both positive and negative scenarios from use cases
- Input data from Mobile, Handheld device and validated results in Database
- Executed test cases to validate the Online Trading Application functionality by performing Sanity, Functionality, SIT, End to End, Security, Cross Browser, Regression and User Acceptance testing
- Reported all the defects using Rational Clear Quest
- Generated Status reports and provided them to the management