Seeking a challenging position as a Software QA Engineer where I could utilize my experience, knowledge and skills on Web based and Mobile Applications black box testing.
- Hands - on experience in testing mobile (Android, iOS) and web applications of different complexity and architecture, running on variety of platforms and hardware devices
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle in both Agile and Waterfall development processes including project initiation, planning, implementation and maintenance
- Knowledge of commercial and open-source software for test management & bug tracking
- Experience in problem solving, reporting, forecasting, documentation
- Proven relationship-building skills with software engineers, QA engineers, and external teams
- In-depth knowledge of project documentation especially preparing test plans & design test cases
- Experience in executing the Test cases and Test Scripts in different phases of testing like GUI Testing, Functional, Regression, Integration Testing, End-to-End testing, System and User Acceptance testing
- Experience in Complete Software Development life cycle and Software Test life cycle
- Experience in using Defect tracking tools such as Bugzilla for Tracking and Reporting Defects
- Proficient to develop Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts
- Strong communication skills. Work well in a team. Passion for software quality.
- Interact with Business users and team members to ensure problem solutions and user satisfaction
- Excellent professional skills by working independently and also as a team member to analyze the Functional / Business requirements and to prepare Test Cases for Manual and Automation Testing
Testing Tools: Basics of Selenium Webdriver, JMeter
Bug Tracking: Bugzilla, Jira, Mantis
Operating Systems: macos, Unix/Linux, Windows
Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera
Other: MS Office, Virtual Box
Software QA Tester
Confidential, San Francisco
- Reviewed of Documents like Software requirement Specification, Rapid Design Document, High Level Design, Detail Design Document, Acceptance Test Cases, Integration Test Cases, Unit Test Cases
- Performed Cross Browser testing in Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Participated in daily standup meetings, created reports as needed by the QA lead
- Interacted with Developers to follow up on Defects and Issues. Retested AUT after code release.
- Used JIRA to log Defects and close out defects
- Performed Regression Testing at various phases of development life cycle for impacted functionality
- Performed database validation using SQL queries
- Performed GUI, Functional, Positive, Negative, Regression Testing
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Test Summary Report (TSR)
- Worked on Agile (SCRUM) Methodology and used JIRA for defect tracking. Worked in conjunction with manual testers to convert manual test cases to automation
- Worked with the team for requirement analysis, test strategy and test plan creation
- Responsible for all aspects of the business including: corporate decisions, creating and implementing the company vision and mission, maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, and company developments.
- Coordinated purchases and sales, recruited, hired, trained and oversaw a team of sales people and acted as primary public persona for company and emphasized a strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Perform the manufacturing of embedded systems in accordance with company procedures and build instructions
- Assist in the diagnosis and repair of embedded systems that have failed in manufacturing or in the field
- Interpreted and complied with given work orders and customer specifications to build custom computers.
- Joined, assembled and set up various hardware parts, cables and other required components
- Tested and debugged assembled computing devices to ensure proper functioning
- Detected, documented and mitigated all risks associated with computer assembly