- 5+ years of diversified experience in software quality assurance in automation and manual testing.
- Well versed in analyzing business requirements, design documents and use cases.
- Experienced working in agile, scrum and waterfall methodologies.
- Solid knowledge over software development life cycle and its implication to quality assurance from the initiation to maintenance of any software project.
- Good knowledge of quality assurance in client/server as well as web applications.
- Expert in creating traceability matrixes and creating/executing test plans, test - cases, test data.
- Experience in Functional and Regression testing utilizing manual and automated testing skills.
- Solid knowledge of SDLC, SQA Methodology and tools.
- Develop all lines of QA documentation including Test Plans, Test Cases, Traceability Matrices.
- Utilize knowledge of Java to create automation test scripts.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced in working with Junit and TestNG testing frameworks.
- Familiar with different automation tools like Maven, Ant, and Jenkins.
- Experienced in creating Data driven, object driven frameworks.
- Expert in performing Data Driven Testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Experienced in creating automation frameworks from scratch using selenium APIs, Cucumber Apache Poi, TestNG, Junit.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Extensive use of defect tracking tools, such as Jira, ALM, Quality Center, Test Director, VSS tracker, Clear Quest and Test Track Pro.
- Excellent communication and service-oriented skills with added multitasking ability.
- Excellent in Agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Extensive experience in GUI functional and Web based testing, integration testing, regression testing, Functional, Stress, Load and System Testing, black box testing, back-end testing, browser compatibility testing, including testing in different stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced working with Selenium WebDriver to perform functional and regression testing.
- Proficient in Java to create automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver API.
- Familiar with continuous integration and version control using Jenkins, Git.
- Performed back end testing by executing SQL Statements.
- Experienced in error-reporting and bug-tracking by using test management tools such as Jira and ALM.
- Enthusiastic team player, goal-oriented, and self-motivated. Able to work independently to achieve complex objectives and be able to meet deadlines.
Automation Testing: Selenium Web driver, Java, Cucumber, Junit, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Tomcat. Microsoft Office Suite, SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, SharePoint, Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8, Mac OS
Test Management: Jira, Quality Center (ALM), SOAP UI
Programming: Java, SQL, C#
Confidential, Timonium, MD
QA Analyst / Automation Tester
- Reviewed and evaluated business requirements and specifications for testability and completeness.
- Interacted with developers and business analysts to understand the design and technical specifications.
- Created test strategy, test plans, exit and entry criteria.
- Participated in Technical Reviews with Business and Technical teams to evaluate the base-line requirements and finalize the Test cases for System test.
- Involved in Agile meetings, Story boarding, daily stand up meetings. Worked as part of Agile team to test, automate and maintain the automation frameworks.
- Designing and writing test cases based on the acceptance criteria of the user story assigned.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for web applications.
- Created automation scripts in Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, running them as TestNG.
- Test the application on different browsers such as IE, Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
- Used cucumber for few scripts to create behavior driven framework. Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object's ID, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Revised test cases for new and revised features and capabilities.
- Created various reports to analyze the testing progress.
- Participated in the periodical status meetings with the project manager, developers, and technical design team.
- Managed and organized requirements, test plans, test labs, defects, and other test management activities using Quality Center.
- Developed and executed complex SQL queries using TOAD.
- Performed back end testing by executing SQL Queries against databases.
- Provided comprehensive guidance to the UAT teams regarding possible testing improvements.
- Prepared test summary reports and defect analysis reports.
- Tested enhancements and bug fixes for software releases, patches, and document findings.
- Provided a systematic review process and resources to assure all products met regulatory and conformant requirements prior to client release.
- Verified detailed change requests.
- Ensured that design verification and validation activities were performed.
- Produced test status reports for the top management.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Reviewed business requirements document and technical specification.
- Responsible for preparing test plans and test strategies describing the feature and functions to be tested.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document (BRD), developed Test cases and Test scripts for the application under test.
- Actively participated and Interacted with product management team in the review and analysis of functional requirements.
- Used Junit and Cucumber testing framework as a test runner with Selenium.
- Created test features using gherkin language and implemented them in step def java file.
- Created page object model for object driven framework.
- Used Selenium to expand test scenarios to catch more bugs and improve quality.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for Functional, Regression, Sanity and Integration Testing using Selenium.
- Developed the test scripts and analyzed the results in various stages of the application including Integration, Regression, Functional and Acceptance testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Work on QA standards, methodologies like Waterfall, Agile, and Scrum on all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle, and Defect life cycle management.
- Performing Back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Using Apache POI to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tools and created Selenium automation scripts in Java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Used Selenium WebDriver APIs for writing TestNG test suites and test cases for testing functionality.
Confidential, Green belt, MD
- Analyzed System Development Specification (SDS) and Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS).
- Promoted SDLC using agile best practices within senior level development and engineering team.
- Work closely with members of the SCRUM team to translate the customers' business needs or Business Cases to a technical solution.
- Wrote Test Plan and Test Cases according to business requirement.
- Wrote Test Cases using MS Excel.
- Performed data driven testing by data driver wizard and parameterization.
- Creating and updating test cases based on new and/or /updated functional or interface requirements
- Performed software web testing for multi-family lending group commercial loan origination packages.
- Identified the defects through Selenium and ensured that business processes deliver the expected results and remain reliable throughout the production release.
- Participated in weekly meeting with the management team and walkthroughs
- Performed SIT, UAT, Functional/Regression, Smoke/Sanity, Backend, and Interface testing for web application by creating various positive/negative test cases.
- Interacted with developers to report and track bugs using Quality Center.
- Performed Backend testing to validate the data using SQL queries to the required Test cases.
- Generated various reports and graphs from Quality Center and analyzed the testing process overview.
- Prioritize testing priorities based on business risk, Access testing assets anytime; anywhere via a browser interface using Quality Center.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress update status.