- A well - versed ETL & Big Data Quality Analyst with 14 years of experience in Banking, Finance, HealthCare Insurance, e-Governance, and Pharma projects
- Hands-on experience in Data Warehouse, ODS, Data Migration and Data Lake (HDFS) Testing with expertise in troubleshooting SSIS packages, DataStage and AutoSys Jobs
- Developed complex SQL queries as part of data validations like Daily/Delta loads, transformation logic, and duplicate/null/truncation checks
- Hands-on experience in SSIS, SSMS, TOAD for Oracle, SQL-Developer, Visual Studio and Big Data Cloudera (HUE) tools like HIVE, and Impala
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting Autosys jobs that call HIVE queries and Spark actions using Oozie
- Experience in Cognos & Sisense based BI testing and have exposure to Tableau & MicroStrategy Reporting tools
- Adhered to Data Governance and Data Quality metrics throughout the EDW and in source systems & downstream APIs
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and experience in DevOps and CI/CD models leveraging tools like GitHub, Jenkins, JIRA, & Confluence
- Experience in Sprint backlog management, grooming user stories, & Retrospective sessions
- Profound knowledge in STLC and defect life cycle. Designed Test Plans, Test Strategies, & Test Cases, and Summarized Test Coverage and Defect Summary Reports.
- Knowledge in test automation tools like Selenium & UFT and experience in test management tools like ALM, and Rally
- Well-versed in effort estimation and process documentation like IQ/OQ, Risk Assessment plan, Artifact Generator report, DRE, and Traceability Matrix
- Self-motivated and quick learner of new concepts and techniques with effective communication
Cloud Integration: Microsoft Azure, AWS & Bigdata HDFS
ETL Tools: SSIS, DataStage8.0, and IDQ
Testing Tools: HP ALM 11, QuickBase, and Rally
Automation tools: HP UFT11.5, & Selenium 3.9
Scripting/Programming: PL/SQL, VB script, Apex, & Linux commands
Utility Tools: TOAD, SSMS, Visual Studio, HUE (Hive/Impala/Oozie), Tectia & Putty
RDBMS: MS SQL Server and Oracle 11g
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
BI Quality Engineer
- Developed SQL scripts using SQL Developer, and Management Studio tools to validate the data flows among source (LIMS1.0), staging (SQL Server) and target (LIMS2.0) databases.
- Executed and troubleshooted SSIS packages using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Evaluate SPROCS those generate and process XML files to be loaded into LIMS2 server.
- Validating transformation logic, performing row-count/ duplicate /null checks, and comparing schemas & data across source, staging & target servers as per business rules and entity mapping docs
- Performed SQL query tuning by reviewing SPROCs and views for ‘NO LOCK’ hints and checking Indexing needs
- Prepared test data in source systems (F1Cdx/FACT/F1H) to evaluate In-flight scenarios and First/Regular Delta scenarios in QA and Staging environments.
- Authoring EPIC Stories and Test Cases using qTest, JIRA and GitHub tools and there by preparing Artifact Generator report and Traceability Matrix.
- Addressed several (QAgile process) audit non-compliances in executing Installation Qualification, Operational Qualification, Data Migration & Risk Assessment Plans
- Work towards maintaining test Automation Pyramid and at the same time ensuring Test automation coverage.
- Identify and report non-compliant stories/defects and ensure all issues are addressed complying with the project plan.
- Be the Quality Advocate and participate actively in technical and process discussions like Definition of Done (DoD), Architecture, Automation, and DevOps strategies.
Confidential, Boston, MA
ETL QA Lead
- Testing data flows using querying tools like TOAD, SQL Developer, & HUE and evaluating corresponding Bigdata HDFS files using Hive, Impala, & Putty scripts
- Triggering Autosys and DataStage Jobs and monitoring logs, workflows, & Sqoop/Shell actions using Oozie Editor (/workflow dashboard)
- Reviewed Sqoop & Spark actions to ensure proper sourcing of data into Data Lake as part of test execution
- Involved in reviewing Test Plans which included test deliverables, features to be tested/not tested based on BRD & Acceptance Criteria
- Involved in Creating the Business Assurance Strategy, Test Strategy & Test Completion Documents
- Created Test Cases according to the Business requirements and ensured that all the positive and negative scenarios are covered
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Single point contact as Quality Analyst for Measure Builder, ETL and Sisense Reporting projects
- Designed and successfully executed Test Plan, Test scenarios, and Test Cases for Measure Builder ETL scenarios
- Extensively worked on Sisense Reports using SQL queries, and visualization techniques
- Validated and troubleshooted SSIS packages and Stored Procedures as part of ETL testing
- Performed data validations like record count / Schema comparison / Null & Duplicate checks on all ETL/SSIS packages that deal with the data flows among source, staging and downstream APIs
- Performed end-to-end testing on MDS package by validating transformation logics and daily/delta loads
- Performed cloud (Azure) compatibility testing for MDS and Measure Builder whenever there is a patch or upgrade in Microsoft Azure platform
- Extensively coordinated with Developers, Business Analysts and managed offshore team
- Groomed user stories and managed sprints with the help of Rally tool
- Involved in Impact analysis, effort estimation and managed sprint burndown chart
- Prepared Traceability Matrix and updating the metrics dashboard at the end of each sprint
ETL Test Lead & Scrum Master
- Throughout the project in various iterations & Sprints I conducted System Integration Testing
- Built complex SQL queries to validate transformation logic, & aggregations
- Prepared Test Plan and Testing Strategies for Data Warehousing system Confidential
- Extensively interacted with developers, & Business Analysts to understand requirements
- Involved in writing test cases in Quality Center 9.0 and 11.0(ALM)
- Validated complex ETL mappings, metadata and reusable transformations for daily & delta loads.
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files, iSeries and DB2 servers using DataStage / SQL jobs and written SQL queries for the same as part of validations.
- Involved in validation of upstream applications like Dashboards and Cognos Reports
- Participated in Story grooming & Retrospective sessions, and in project status meetings
- Prepared QA Sign-off Reports with details of test execution, test coverage and defect summary.
Sr.QA Analyst & Salesforce Admin/QA
- Worked on Security settings like Profiles, Permission Sets, OWD, Sharing rules
- Validated Workflow Rules, Upload Process, Process Builder, and Assignment & Escalation rules
- Reviewed Test Case documents designed by test analysts
- Coordinated with Developers, Business Analysts and offshore testing team
- Authored SQL scripts to validate transformation logics & aggregations and to cover the scenarios like checking duplicates, null values, truncated values
- Involved in Test Environment setup with all hardware and software needs
- Validated data loaded by Data Loader jobs in Salesforce
- Prepared Test Data using SQL scripts based on Metadata & design docs
- Developed test cases based on test matrix including test data preparation for Data Transformations, Data quality, Performance and scalability.
- Developed SQL queries /scripts to validate duplicates, null values, truncated values and ensuring correct data aggregations.
- Performed Count Validation, Schema and Transactional Data Quality Validation with extensive SQL querying on Staging, Data warehouse and Data Marts.
- Ensured Error logs and audit tables are generated and populated properly
- Executed regression test suites using UFT's Keyword driven and Data driven frameworks
- Extensively worked on UFT Integrated Environment (Step Generator, Synchronization, Actions, Recovery Scenarios and Methods etc.)
- Acted as single point contact for migration of Cognos reports to MicroStrategy reports
- Executed and troubleshooted SSIS packages and reported datatype & casting related issues as part of batch loading of data
Sr. QA Analyst
- Developed SQL Queries/Scripts to validate Data migration scenarios (from MS Access and flat files to SQL Server 2005)
- Developed Test Cases and SQL Queries to perform Data upgradation scenarios (from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008)
- Authored and reviewed Test Cases based on the Use Case documents
- Involved in Test estimation and impact analysis; Managed Defect Reporting & Status
- Attended HLD/LLD walkthroughs for thorough understanding of business requirements
- Authored and reviewed Test Plan and Test Cases
- Involved in writing complex SQL scripts to validate various stages and sub reports of Funnel
- Defect Management - Reporting bugs and tracking till its closure
- Attending HLD/LLD walkthroughs for thorough understanding of business requirements