- Around 9 years of industry experience as a Software Quality Engineer in Telecom domain with immense Leadership experience
- Strong experience in Manual Testing and Automation of Web based and Client - server application testing including Black box and White box testing techniques for Functional, Integration, System, Regression, User Acceptance Testing.
- Strong experience in Software Development Life Cycle using Agile, Scrum, Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in Preparing Effort Estimation, Test Plans, Test Strategies, Metrics, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Data.
- Experience in testing mobile applications in iOS.
- Highly proficient in Creating and Implementing Test Plans and Test Cases based on user Requirements and Functional Specifications.
- Proven expertise with entire QA life cycle activities such as Requirements Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of Test Scripts/Test Cases, Entry and Exit criteria’s, Defect tracking and Documentation.
- Expertise in Tracking bugs and Creating reports using defect tracking tools Quality Center, HPALM,JIRA, Clear Quest and TDP(Test Director Platform)
- Expert in Manual and Automation Testing using automation testing tool like Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Selenium Web Driver and Rest Assured.
- Experience in Manual API Testing through POSTMAN.
- Expertise in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites and working to automate business logic using Rest Assured
- Expertise in TestNG test framework.
- Have experienced in Maven for application building.
- Experienced in reporting software defects and working with business analysts, developers and product owners to resolve
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, self-starter, quick learner, team player and a leader
- Ability to manage multiple projects as well as tasks to meet project requirements and timelines
- Have proficient excellence in client interaction and negotiating to bring in business.
Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, QTP, Rest Assured.
Defect Management: JIRA, HP Quality Center, HP ALM, TDP, Clear Quest
Programming Lang.: SQL, JAVA, C
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g, SQL Server, DB2, MS Access
Database Tools: TOAD
IDE: Eclipse, Visual Studio, Notepad++, POSTMAN
Build Tools: Maven
OS: Windows and iOS
Confidential, Bothell, WA
Software Quality Engineer
- Analyzing business requirement and gathering test requirements with Business analysts and developers.
- Identifying and developing Test Plan and test scenarios.
- Writing test scripts and steps based on Business and System Use Cases. Testing the functionality of the application and providing corrective steps to the development team.
- Responsible for performing functional testing on the application by creating manual test cases & automated test script using Selenium and QTP
- Responsible for implementation of Data Driven, Page Object Model Automation Framework using WebDriver, Test NG, Maven technologies
- Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping, and Selenium Data Driven using CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Involved in Unit Testing the code and provided feedback to the developers.
- Automated regression and functionality testing with TestNG.
- Developed mobile automation testing framework, iOS and Android with Appium, Selenium.
- Executed Tests using Selenium WebDriver (Java) scripts with Appium for Mobile Test cases.
- Create Test Scripts (Selenium WebDriver) with eclipse to automate testing process.
- Run multi browser Selenium Web driver automated tests to test browser functionality.
- Performed and executed Regression testing for new builds and modifications in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created data-driven automation scripts for testing Web Services using REST Assured
- API test automation experience, preferably using the tool set - REST web services
- Manual REST API testing via POSTMAN
- Performed web services/API testing and Web Security testing using SOAPUI tool for SOAP and REST API Web Services using WSDL and WADL.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing in the final phase of software development process to check the functionality of the software.
- Performed functional, integration testing, user interface, End to End, cross browser compatibility testing for web application
- Performed Backend Testing-using SQL queries, generating reports to ensure data integrity and validate the inserted and updated data.
- Worked with the SQL statements to extract data from Oracle database and verify the output on the web application.
- Used PL/SQL for database testing, migration testing and validating front-end values with back end of application.
- Involved in daily meeting with team members to keep track of defects and provided update on testing progress to the Team Manager after collating the inputs from my subordinates as the Test Lead
- Used JIRA and TDP for bug tracking and defect logging.
- Triaging and root cause analysis of the defects that is encountered by all the Testing teams i.e. E2E, UAT, IST and PST using Splunk and Tea Leaf.
- Immediate dealing with clients and product owners.
Environment: Eclipse, Selenium IDE, HP ALM, JIRA, TDP, Putty, WinSCP, Toad, Citrix Telegence, POSTMAN, Rest Assured, TestNG
Senior Test Engineer
- Design of Automation framework for the Application using Automation tools like QTP
- Execution of Sanity Scenarios and Regression Scenarios through Automation Scripts via VM Ware.
- Timely update of frameworks as per the industry standards.
- Tracking on defects in the PDC application.
- Raising defects to the stakeholders.
- Preparing the Daily Status report and sending the same to Higher Management.
- Writing the Test Scenarios and Test Steps for the given Requirement.
- Uploading the Test Cases in HPALM.
- Execution of manual Test Cases through HP Sprinter.
- Regular reporting of progress to all stakeholders.
- Creation of test package, test summary and defect disposition report.
- Checking the logs generated.
- Use of SQL developer to pull out the attributes of the test data.
- Use of MI to pull out API related details.
- Checking the details of Executed flows Confidential back end with Telegence.
- Involvement in both static and dynamic testing.
- Raising SOD, WR and issue tickets depending on the type of backend issue.
Environment: IE 11, Eclipse, QTP Automation Tool, HP ALM, JIRA, Clear Quest, Method Invoker, Putty, WinSCP, Toad, Citrix Telegence, VM ware
- To gain knowledge about the various systems involved, their architecture and interfacing.
- To provide L1 support
- To develop small applications on PeopleSoft platform which is related to Peoplesoft CRM.
Environment: PeopleSoft CRM application