- Over 6 Years of experience in Software Development/QA testing (Manual and Automation Testing) processes experience in web based applications and Database testing across Banking, Finance, Education and Insurance Domain.
- Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in agile environments.
- Strong knowledge in implementing Agile Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, strategies, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrices.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, Systemtesting, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Performance Testing, Functional testing, Database testing, Web Services and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in writing Test plans, and defining Test cases for various module screens of the application, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing results and reporting defects.
- Experience with Cross - Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Experience in testing Web Applications (.Net based applications), Web services & Database testing for various client domains like Banking, Finance and insurance using Client-Server applications.
- Involved in testing the Web services using the SoapUI and Postman tools.
- Validated WSDL, XSD, and XML for testing of Web Services and XML files for the request and responses.
- Experience in Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases, SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL.
- Experience in Bug tracking and Reporting using HP Quality Center.
- Experienced in using Test Management tools such as JIRA which are bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Dynamic and assertive team player with a strong inclination to improve and optimize process development and implementation.
Test Approaches: Agile, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium, QTP, ALM
Unit Testing frameworks: NUnit (Moq), TestNG
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, BDD/ATDD, POM
Test Build& Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Web Service Tool: Soap UI, Postman
Markup Languages: HTML, XML
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Development Environment: C#, VB.net, ASP.NET, Node, npm
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, TFS, GitHub & gitlab
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux
Management Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM, Trello, JIRA
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Education: Masters in computer science from NYIT Bachelor s in Engineering from Vignan University- India
QA Automation Engineer
- Interacted with the Project Manager, Business Analysts and Developers to understand the application design and functional specifications.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium WebDriver & created Data Driven framework using TestNG.
- Used Apache POI to read data from external sources and provide them as parameter to the locators in the test script.
- Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind Boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
- Used Postman for API testing to verify the CRUD operations.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run parallel testing by creating Groups, and categorizing test cases.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG suites.
- Worked on Capturing Screenshots on Failure or Pass to analyze the test failure reason.
- Coordinated with application team to ensure resolution of all issues and completion of work on time.
- Analyzed user stories with the business analyst.
- Prepared test strategy document for playlist and research engine
- Performed traceability matrix.
- Performed functional testing, regression testing, API testing and database testing.
- Performed performance testing on play list manually.
- Involved in retesting the defect and following up through the defect closure.
- Prepared test summary report for playlist and research engine
- Performed REST based web services testing using SOAPUI.
- Followed Agile Methodology with 2week sprint release.
- Attended daily scrum meetings with team to discuss the progress of tasks.
- Used Jenkins tool for continuous integration of the builds.
- Implemented automation test scripts in SOAPUI for web service testing.
- Developed test cases and scripts for GUI testing, functionality testing and regression testing.
- Extensively used Quality Center/ALM to maintain Requirements, Test plans, write Test Cases, Defects and Traceability Matrix.
- Used version control software like GitHub.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Participated in walkthroughs and technical reviews all through the testing phase.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Soap UI, ALM, Jenkins, POSTMAN, Maven, Cucumber, XPath, XML, SQL, Agile (Scrum), Web Services, Windows.
Software QA Engineer
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document, put input in Test Plan and prepared detailed Test Cases for new functionality.
- Associated with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Used Selenium WebDriver using TestNG and Eclipse for automation in Hybrid model.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework & Eclipse.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the Web Driver project.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud based code repository system like GitHub.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, Xpath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Created whole test framework using Selenium for further test creation and execution.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium Web Driver.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and Xpath in Selenium.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Performed back end testing on Oracle Database by writing SQL queries.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Quality center, Jira, Test NG, SOAPUI, Maven, XPATH, Eclipse, Jenkins Fire Path, SQL, Firebug, HTML, XML, Git Hub, Oracle and Windows.
QA Automation engineer
- Extensively involved in analyzing Business Requirements, created testing strategies, testing plans and prepared detailed test cases for the Application under Test (AUT)
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Developed Data Driven Test scripts as well as running these scripts for Message processing, Registration, and Reports testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API's, wrote JUnit test cases, executed code coverage and wrote automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Created the JUnit test cases for the different web applications using Eclipse IDE.
- Extended data driven framework and developed re - usable functions across the application.
- Used JUnit Test to automate functional and regression testing across integrated environments.
- Used ANT to build and run the Selenium WebDriver automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Involved in ANT configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Performed back-end testing on Oracle and SQL Server databases by writing SQL queries to make sure the contents displayed on the UI correct as per requirements specifications.
- Conducted test on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payments and account transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using SoapUI.
- Recorded JMeter user scripts implementing parameterization both manually and by data driven wizards in JMeter.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports, which kept track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
Environment: Java, Selenium IDE/WebDriver, Quality Center, Eclipse, JUnit, ANT, Jenkins, SoapUI, Git, TDD, Agile, SQL, Oracle, Windows and UNIX.