- Strong 8 years’ experience in all stages of Software Testing Life Cycle (Manual and Automation) with about 4 years as a Test Lead. Successfully carried out Test planning and execution in various projects, in ERP, Banking, Dynamic Ad Serving, Multilevel Marketing and Vehicle Finance domain.
- Performed Web Application & Website testing. Functional, Regression, System, Integration, Database, Performance, User Interface, Compatibility and API testing, supported User Acceptance testing. Solid experience in Test planning, Test case writing, execution, test data creation. Change request, test cycle & defect log management, deriving metrics and reports.
- Worked as System Analyst, gathered and documented requirements for Credit Society applications and Enterprise Resource Planning applications.
- Thorough experience in working with Waterfall and Agile SCRUM
- Proficient in Scrum with active participation in all Scrum events (Daily Standup, Planning, Review, Retrospective)
- Extensively used Test & Defect Management tool HP Quality Center/ALM, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS). Knowledge of Mobile testing
- Selenium WebDriver, HP QTP/UFT, WinRunner, Eclipse IDE. Knowledge of JIRA, SOAP UI
- Proficient in MS Office applications including MS Excel - basic macros, VLookup, Pivot Table, etc. Used CVS repository, Fiddler, Crystal Reports
- MS Visual Studio VB Script, Java for Selenium, TSL for QTP, C++
- Worked with MS SQL Server, MySQL, TOAD, Oracle.
- Hand on experience in writing & executing complex DDL, DML queries.
- Guided and trained junior team members for processes and technologies used in projects. Handled Test Web Server build installations and maintenance.
- Status report preparation and briefing to stake holders.
- Contact and coordinate with client for requirements.
- Plan and coordinate testing activities. Prepare test plan, estimate effort, Test case writing, execution, log and track defect through defect life cycle.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams for effective test execution.
- Keep track and follow-up to meet the delivery timelines.
- Prepare and present reports, metrices to stakeholders, Use and update Quality management tools.
Technologies: ASP.Net, MS SQL Server, HTML5, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Prepare test plan document, maintain the requirement change Log and resolve dependencies
- Manage testing activities. Prepare requirement traceability matrix, Test case writing execution, log and track defect through defect life cycle.
- Responsible for Database testing by writing SQL Queries, data population from Excel sheet
- Worked on pilot test script writing using Selenium Webdriver with Eclipse IDE. Used efficient locators like XPath, CSS for running scripts in stable environment.
- Exploratory testing of DVS website.
Technology: J2EE-Spring MVC, EJB, Oracle, HP Quality Center, Selenium
- Plan and manage testing team activities- task allocations, follow-up for completion,
- Test case writing, execution, test case reviewing and providing feedback. Defect logging, verification & tracking. Participated in defect triage, problem solving, root cause analysis.
- Resolve issues related to team, Test-user creation, access requests. Prepare and maintain test plan, note risks, dependencies.
- Extensively used Quality Center 10.0 (HP ALM) for test & defect management & reporting
- Understand BRD, project plan, risks/issues, dependencies and resolve dependencies.
- Suggest improvements in communication process between Testing and other cross functional teams to have smooth delivery and progress in Testing Cycle
- Onsite/Client communication -Consolidating team's status, updating Quality Center and
- Generate accurate reports for management/onsite counterparts.
- Plan & request test data from responsible team to facilitate uninterrupted testing activity.
- User interface compatibility testing in different Internet Explorer versions
- Performed testing with different Windows versions.
- Used Selenium Web driver with Eclipse IDE for writing Smoke Test scripts.
- Planned and executed batch testing by coordinating with module owners.
Team Member AOMOB (Application Outsourcing Mobilization)
Technologies: MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Word, WebEx
- Gather inputs from SA, Senior Managers to draft transition approach, prepare the transition estimate document.
- Interact with Solution Architects (SA) and Senior managers to update the Transition approach and estimates.
- Prepare Power point presentations. Demonstrated the transition approach to clients from Germany, Netherland.
Senior Software Engineer (Testing)
Technologies: MS SQL Server, ASP.NET, SOA, TOAD, MS Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Understanding functional and database related requirements of application under test
- Create & Query Work Items - tests, bugs in MS Visual Studio TFS. Log and view bugs in Bug List. Worked with Solution Explorer, Team Explorer
- Collaborating with development team to schedule and carry out database testing
- Performed Database testing by writing complex SQL Queries, used TOAD.
Senior Software Engineer(Testing)
- Writing in detail steps and executing test cases in HP Quality Center, performed test case reviews, test data creation or procurement
- Very good exposure and experience in Agile- Scrum. Created Sprint User stories/bucket list in Cycles, task breakup, time allocation, daily Standups, Review and Retrospective meetings
- Test API implementations for various features, used Eclipse
- Worked with Onsite counterparts to resolve dependencies, test data generation
- Understanding of change request, its impacts and write functional, User interface and database testing cases, Perform Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression and API Testing.
- Defect reporting - used Remedy 6.03 as Defect Tracking Tool.
- HP QTP- participation in framework design, deciding on test candidate for automation.
- Executed Automation Test Scripts for Smoke and Regression Using QTP.
- Actively handled the test build deployments and patches for multiple test Servers
- Measured the web application response time using Fiddler, monitored the Query response times for performance testing.
- Followed project specific quality standards, CMM processes. Used CVS repository
- Writing, updating and running of scripts, reporting test result to all concerned parties.
- Coaching and guidance to junior team members.
Software Engineer in Test
Technologies: MySQL, PHP, Java Script, XML OS- Windows, Macintosh
- Based on the User requirement document write functional, User Interface and integration test cases with detail information of the Webpage link, the browser, Operating System, steps, etc.
- Perform User Interface, integration & Functional Testing.
- Log Defects in shared MS Excel file. Maintain defect log file, assist developers in reproducing the defect, explain the issue to developers as and when needed.
- Browser compatibility testing in IE, Mozilla Firefox on Windows and Macintosh OS.
System Analyst and Test Lead
Technologies: VB 6.0, Crystal Reports, SQL Server 2000, MS Excel, HTML
- Requirement Gathering using interview technique, Analysis and documentation of detailed requirement.
- Use Case writing. Maintaining and updating Requirement Documents.
- Contributed to front end design of desktop applications, wrote functional, User Interface and database testing cases in MS Excel
- Lead testing team of 2 engineers. Prepared test plan document
- Integration testing of modules Web purchase, Warehouse Stock update, Smart card payment module.
- Plan, prepare and execute End to End System testing of Mini ERP/Mart application.
- Functional Testing of critical banking modules Balance sheet, P & L, RD, FD.
- Defect Tracking & Reporting. Prepared & tested Crystal Reports.
- Planned and Assisted in carrying out User Acceptance testing.
- Prepare User Manual and Installation guides.
- Client visit for installation, trouble shooting, user training.