- 9 plus years of extensive Experience in Software Industry with diverse facets of Testing & encompassing Analysis. which includes in Database Testing, Web Service testing and Web Application Automation Testing
- Strong Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Life Cycle which includes Designing, Developing and Execution of the entire QA Process and Documentation of Test plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts.
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance using Manual and automation tools which includes Selenium RC/IDE/WebDriver/Grid, QTP, Cucumber, Quality Center, Soap UI and JMeter.
- Experience in black box, gray box and automation testing using Selenium - TestNG, Junit on web and client applications.
- Expert in developing automation testing framework using Selenium WebDriver by following java.
- Experience in developing framework for Functional Test Automation using Selenium, Java and TestNG.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experience in testing Web Services-SOA architecture, RPCs, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various industry standard tools like Soap UI.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios, Test Data and Test Execution.
- Proficient in black box testing, performance testing, Graphical User Interface testing (GUI), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression Testing, Integration Testing and white box testing.
- Experience in QA & Testing tasks like bug reporting and tracking, unit testing, GUI testing, and integration testing.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla etc.
- Experience in creating and executing stored procedures using PL/SQL to compare the results with expected results.
- Experience in database query manipulation, SQL, PL/SQL statements, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & Git.
- Excellent experience in troubleshooting software applications for business functions in major areas of the business and enterprise-wide.
- Ability to adapt to new environment quickly, strong team player, good communication, good analytical and computation skills, enthusiastic learner, confident, sincere and committed.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Cucumber, Soap UI
Languages: Java, SQL.
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, Servlet, JDBC, JSP.
MS: Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project, MS-Visual Studio, MS-Dynamics Eclipse
Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss 4/5, Apache, Tomcat
Build Tools: Maven
Continuous integration Tools: Jenkins
Database: MS Access, Oracle 11g/10g
Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/7 and UNIX.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
QA Automation Lead
- Analyzed and Reviewed the Business requirement document and Technical specification document to understand the scope of testing.
- Worked closely with development team in creating automated scripts for the application using Selenium.
- Created test plan, test cases and test scripts development and executed based on business and technical requirements.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium, Ruby and Cucumber framework. Also responsible for converting automation scripts to new framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNG.
- Designed and Developed customized Test Automation Framework Using Serenity BDD with selenium and Rest Assured
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test driven development (TDD).
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Tested the functionality using different testing techniques including security, usability, monkey and UI testing.
- Implemented manual and automated testing methods to perform functional, load, Integration, and regression testing using Selenium.
- Executed system, integration, end-to-end, and user acceptance test (UAT) test cases.
- Converted all Record and play back Selenese test cases into Selenium automated scripts.
- Analyzed and created the bug tracking reporting and summary report in the Quality Center.
- Worked on Quality Center (Test Management software) for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking, manage the defects and executing the test cases.
- Created and executed database queries (SQL) to validate database data integrity.
- Executed SQL Queries and made sure that values entered in front end is stored successfully in the appropriate data tables.
- Conducted quality reviews to monitor the progress of project.
- Ensured Test Entrance and Exit Criteria is met and complete the Test Completion report for any Risks involved in promoting the code during migration of code in to production if any defects are not resolvable in the current Release.
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
QA Automation Engineer
- Interacted with Project manager, business analysts and developers to understand the application design and functional specifications.
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium, JUNIT and Eclipse IDE.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Created automated Test Suite using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Performed the White box testing using Java.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Design and prepared test plans for White Box Test Approach & Test cases.
- Responsible for understanding high level (cross-Browser) business processes related to their application area and its interfaces to other applications.
- Wrote test cases, implemented ran and added versions and iterations using Test Manager for positive, negative and END-TO-END Test cases.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java / Junit).
- Performed Regression testing of applications after defects are fixed and any new functionality is implemented in to the QA. Supported the Business team for executing UAT test cases.
- Performed Database Change Verification testing using Oracle-Toad and SQL queries.
- Verified data integrity by back-end testing of the application by writing SQL queries.
- Attended Defect Review meetings with Developers, Tech Lead, Team Lead and Project Manager to discuss issues regarding the Open defects, resolved defects and all other defects associated to the Source system.
- Involved in estimation and preparation of test case scenarios and test plan documentation for validating and reporting.
Confidential, Davenport, IA
- Consulted with stakeholders to determine and prioritize business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Reviewed, analyzed, and created detailed documentation of business system and user needs, including application workflow.
- Reviewed user cases and other technical documents with team to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
- Documented detailed test cases using equivalence class partitioning and incorporating both positive and negative scenarios.
- Analyzed the business unit's activities and trends and compared analyses against service standards and best practices.
- Tested the trimmed down version of application on various smart phones and tablets.
- Ensured that all tests are conducted and documented to meet project timeline.
- Tested User Interface applications GMS, FIT24IC, FSS.
- Everyday interacted with team members.
- Responsible for overseeing daily operations of offshore team and distributed work load evenly among staff.
- Provided to new employees on product functionality.
- Involved in regular project review meetings & Testing Status Meetings.
Confidential, DesPlaines, IL
- Analyzed the requirements and actively participated in everyday standup meetings.
- Designed Test Scenarios and Test Cases using OATS (Orthogonal Array Testing Technique) Test Design technique.
- Executed the test cases in different environments like QA environment, Pre-Production and Production environments.
- Logged defects in HP ALM Quality Center.
- Used ALM to report bugs, analysis the bugs and follow up
- Attended Daily Status Calls.
- Actively Participated in Defect Triage calls.
- Executed the test cases in different browsers like IE, Chrome and Firefox.
- Prepared Regression Test suite.
- Gave Knowledge base sessions on manual testing to the new joiners.
- Prepared automatic Test Scripts using Selenium.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Participated in project meetings, daily stand up meetings to understood Business Requirements.
- Reviewed functional design specifications, developing test strategies and specification as well as test plan and reports.
- Designed and created all Test Plans, Test specifications and Test Cases for the QA department on the assigned Requirement.
- Created functional and nonfunctional test scenarios and uploaded into QC.
- Prepared of Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) against the business requirements.
- Compared and Analyzed the Expected with Actual results in Web application.
- Actively Participated in complete test life cycle - design, review and execution of test cases.
- Used ALM to report bugs, analysis the bugs and follow up.
- Logged, maintained & tracked defects, assigned type & severity levels, regressed scripts to assign status to defects.
- Handled daily status calls with the onsite coordinator.
- Involved in creating mockup responses to the test scenarios where test data was not available.
- Tested the System Administration of the Enterprise services, by creating the users and assigning different profiles and policies to the device.
- Compared and analyzed the expected with the actual results in web application.
- Also, performed functional testing on mobile devices too.
- Participated in Walk through and Defect report meetings periodically with the management.
- Weekly updates to the project manager with regards to the progress of the testing.
- Continuous interaction with the configuration team to help in the development of scripts and other technical issues.
- Analyzed user requirements, scenarios, and business rules and attended periodic meeting for changes in the application.
- Create test plans, test cases, test procedures, and test scripts based on enhancing requirements and specifications.
- Created test cases, defects in MS excel and exported in Test Director after approval.
- Analyzed and managed test cases using Test Director.
- Prepared and maintained reports and documentation.
- Responsible for Smoke testing, Regression testing, Integration testing and System testing.
- Involved in Manual Testing to check the basic functionality of the modules under test.
- Prepared test plans and test cases to test application functionality.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Performed browser compatibility testing on different versions and data validations for all reports.
- Created manual test cases for Functional, GUI and Database testing of the application using Test Director.
- Performed integration, function, system, usability, compatibility, load, stress and performance testing.
- Involved in database testing by writing and executing SQL queries to ensure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database.
- Co-ordinated review meetings to resolve bug related issues with the developers.